SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
uuy8778yyi said:

Caffeine, and aspirin are a lot more soluble in water/ethanol than DMSO. Also, spraying DMSO over large parts of the body can cause too much irritation. This is a sprayable product so you could easily cover a very large area. Other products like Pansterone dispense much smaller amounts of liquid per dose.

Last edited by a moderator:

ampersand

I have been spraying solban on my face in hopes that it would make my melasma disappear. That hasn't happened yet, but a brown mole on my cheek fell off after using about 1/2 of the bottle (around 4-6 spritzes daily). The skin where the mole was now looks normal.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ampersand said:
post 100463 I have been spraying solban on my face in hopes that it would make my melasma disappear. That hasn't happened yet, but a brown mole on my cheek fell off after using about 1/2 of the bottle (around 4-6 spritzes daily). The skin where the mole was now looks normal.

Excellent! That's one of the primary targets of SolBan - skin protection from moles.
How big was the mole, if you don't mind me asking?
Also, there are several human trials showing oral niacinamide cured melasma. I think the dose was 3g a day, so you can take that on top of the topical application with SolBan.

tara

How do you distinguish melasma (extra melanin) from age spots (lipofuscin)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
tara said:
post 100694 How do you distinguish melasma (extra melanin) from age spots (lipofuscin)?

I think melasma tends to form on shoulders, face, upper arms, and torso, and very very rarely on hands. If the spots are mostly on the hands then it is likely lipofuscin. In addition, lipofuscin is highly correlated with ferritin levels, which is not surprising considering lipofuscin is a product of PUFA and iron interactions.

tara

I was assuming lipofuscin, till I saw the pictures of melasma. Now I don't know. A few spots on forearms and face, fewer on hands and upper arms.

Peata

I had melasma over my upper lip (like a moustache) when I was on bcp about ten years ago. It's more of a stain that sits just below the surface of the skin. It isn't necessarily in the shape of spots, it can be in patches or long areas, depending where it is. I was able to cover it pretty well with makeup.

When I think of age spots or lipofuscin, it's like spots or splotches that look more like they are on the surface. The melasma went away when I went off the pill, thankfully. Someone else I know had theirs lasered, but it has come back. It is mostly on her forehead but also comes down lower.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
tara said:
post 100697 I was assuming lipofuscin, till I saw the pictures of melasma. Now I don't know. A few spots on forearms and face, fewer on hands and upper arms.

Also, I think topical vitamin E can make lipofuscin go away. So, you can try rubbing a little on one of the spot and if it disappears it is probably lipofuscin.

tara

haidut said:
post 100776
tara said:
post 100697 I was assuming lipofuscin, till I saw the pictures of melasma. Now I don't know. A few spots on forearms and face, fewer on hands and upper arms.

Also, I think topical vitamin E can make lipofuscin go away. So, you can try rubbing a little on one of the spot and if it disappears it is probably lipofuscin.
Ok, I'll try that, ta. What time frame would you expect to see a change in?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
tara said:
post 100852
haidut said:
post 100776
tara said:

Ok, I'll try that, ta. What time frame would you expect to see a change in?

Peat said 2 weeks should be enough to see if it will have any effect or not.

Peata

uuy8778yyi said:
post 84806 actually I used to take a picture of my hair once a week

then camera broke

. I will attempt to judge the quality from my mobile phone camera.

then upload them

U,

I look forward to your pics.

I am trying Solban on someone's hairloss and taking pics. Just started this last night.

Kray

Such_Saturation said:
post 69427 Does aspirin get activated in the skin or does it have an effect as it is?
haidut said:
post 69439
cantstoppeating said:
This seems like a great combination for skin issues. I want to try this for hairloss. There's been a few studies documenting the success of topical thyroid regrowing hair so I'd like to try dissolving a few mcg of T3 into the bottle and applying it to the scalp. Is this OK to do?

Yes, I listed hair loss as a possible situation where SolBan may be helpful. One of the studies listed under the caffeine section talks about topical caffeine for hair loss. The study was in vitro and use concetrations of 0.001% and 0.005% for cell cultures. Interestingly, the 0.001% stimulated hair growth more than the 0.005%. Since this was in vitro study I had to find other studies that show how much topical caffeine you need to approximate the 0.001% concentration used for the in vitro study. The consensus is that a 1% solution would do the job.
Finally, yes you can add T3 or whatever else you like to the mixture. This page claims T3 is soluble in ethanol but I don't know how well.
http://www.scbt.com/datasheet-204035-l- ... -acid.html

Give it a go and let us know! Like Peat said, experimentation is the ultimate knowledge source.

Haidut,

SolBan sounds promising for hair loss. I plan to buy some. Did the above question ever get answered about topical aspirin absorption? I'd like to know if you can say, as well as for the caffeine in the product, especially since so many here are big coffee drinkers and supplement with aspirin. Would the amounts in the SolBan, applied in the morning, be a big boost to caffeine/aspirin taken orally, considering your comments on half-life? Specifically for baldness, how many sprays would you suggest in the morning, and can the SolBan be used indefinitely on a daily basis for hair loss?

My daughter has a sebaceous cyst and I think we will try the SolBan on it. I'll report back.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
classicallady said:
post 101848
Such_Saturation said:
post 69427 Does aspirin get activated in the skin or does it have an effect as it is?
haidut said:
post 69439
cantstoppeating said:
This seems like a great combination for skin issues. I want to try this for hairloss. There's been a few studies documenting the success of topical thyroid regrowing hair so I'd like to try dissolving a few mcg of T3 into the bottle and applying it to the scalp. Is this OK to do?

Yes, I listed hair loss as a possible situation where SolBan may be helpful. One of the studies listed under the caffeine section talks about topical caffeine for hair loss. The study was in vitro and use concetrations of 0.001% and 0.005% for cell cultures. Interestingly, the 0.001% stimulated hair growth more than the 0.005%. Since this was in vitro study I had to find other studies that show how much topical caffeine you need to approximate the 0.001% concentration used for the in vitro study. The consensus is that a 1% solution would do the job.
Finally, yes you can add T3 or whatever else you like to the mixture. This page claims T3 is soluble in ethanol but I don't know how well.
http://www.scbt.com/datasheet-204035-l- ... -acid.html

Give it a go and let us know! Like Peat said, experimentation is the ultimate knowledge source.

Haidut,

SolBan sounds promising for hair loss. I plan to buy some. Did the above question ever get answered about topical aspirin absorption? I'd like to know if you can say, as well as for the caffeine in the product, especially since so many here are big coffee drinkers and supplement with aspirin. Would the amounts in the SolBan, applied in the morning, be a big boost to caffeine/aspirin taken orally, considering your comments on half-life? Specifically for baldness, how many sprays would you suggest in the morning, and can the SolBan be used indefinitely on a daily basis for hair loss?

My daughter has a sebaceous cyst and I think we will try the SolBan on it. I'll report back.

The doses of aspirin and caffeine in SolBan are probably too low to make a systemic difference but on local (scalp / skin) level these amounts are plenty. There is no recommendation for baldness other than to spray enough to cover the spot. It does not have to be drenched in SolBan, just getting is moist should suffice.
The caffeine in SolBan is probably enough to affect the brain, especially if it is applied on the scalp. Niacinamide is a different story and you get about 40mg of it in each 1ml of SolBan (5 sprays). So, you get more niacinamide from SolBan than from Energin and the niacinamide is a high enough dose to affect things like lipolysis and inflammatory response.
SolBan is benign enough to be used indefinitely, provided a doctor approves of it of course. Some people may get dry skin from it, so maybe stopping for a few days every month is not a bad idea.

Kray

Great, Haidut, thanks for the quick response. Have you gotten much feedback yet from users of the SolBan for hair loss? Any idea how long before one might expect to notice appreciable hair regrowth if used regularly? (Not sure how long you've had the product for sale)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
classicallady said:
post 101855 Great, thanks for the quick response! Have you gotten much feedback yet from users of the SolBan for hair loss? Any idea how long one might expect to notice appreciable difference if used regularly? (Not sure how long you've had the product for sale)

If you look through the entire thread for SolBan you will see people reporting benefits for hair loss. I think they can answer better how long it took and how much they were using daily.

Kray

Peata said:
post 101652
uuy8778yyi said:

then camera broke

then upload them

U,

I am trying Solban on someone's hairloss and taking pics. Just started this last night.

Peata,

How are the results on your subject's hair loss? I just purchased for my "someone" and am excited to hear from others of their results!

Peata

classicallady said:
post 101858
Peata said:
post 101652
uuy8778yyi said:

then camera broke

then upload them

U,

Peata,

How are the results on your subject's hair loss? I just purchased for my "someone" and am excited to hear from others of their results!

Hi, CL. I have only applied it to them for two nights. I had asked on another thread if anyone knows how long it would take to see results, but it had no replies. I'm thinking one should be able to tell a difference in three months? I'll definitely update by then or sooner if there's any noticeable difference.

Looking forward to hearing updates from you too.

Kray

Peata,

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for getting back to me-- I'll keep you posted!

ampersand

haidut said:
post 100633
ampersand said:
post 100463 I have been spraying solban on my face in hopes that it would make my melasma disappear. That hasn't happened yet, but a brown mole on my cheek fell off after using about 1/2 of the bottle (around 4-6 spritzes daily). The skin where the mole was now looks normal.

Excellent! That's one of the primary targets of SolBan - skin protection from moles.
How big was the mole, if you don't mind me asking?
Also, there are several human trials showing oral niacinamide cured melasma. I think the dose was 3g a day, so you can take that on top of the topical application with SolBan.

The mole was about 1 centimeter in diameter, not very raised, but dark brown. It turned darker brown, and then came off almost like a scab. It bled for a few hours, formed a scab and then when the scab healed it looked like normal skin.

I'll make sure to get 3g of niacinamide daily from now on...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals