uuy8778yyi

also it burns when put on the skin a bit

probably safer to use just aspirin powder in a solution

Philomath

uuy8778yyi said:
is liquid salycylic acid

similar to aspirin ?

it is used in a lot of shampoos

I think many of the acne cleansers and exfoliators are just salycylic acid and probably ethanol or water. Just at a higher concentration. For that matter, wart remover is something like 17% salycylic acid.

Philomath

uuy8778yyi said:
also it burns when put on the skin a bit

probably safer to use just aspirin powder in a solution

I couldn't find straight aspirin powder, just the crystals. Do you know where to buy some? The crystals are ok, but dissolving them and keeping the solution from re-crystallizing takes a little more effort. I should have paid more attention in Chemistry class!

Katty

Don't think this was mentioned earlier in the thread... How much caffeine, aspirin, niacinamide per spray?
Seems the product is really intended for smaller areas of the skin. But I'm wondering how much is too much to use at one time? Like if I wanted to use the spray as a thyroid surrogate (instead of ingesting these supplements) how many sprays, how often?

tomisonbottom

haidut said:
I have a new supplement (SolBan) for people interested in improving skin health or management of issues like hair loss, wrinkles, aging spots, cellulite, or simply protection from the sun.
It can be ordered from the links below:
http://mkt.com/idealabs-llc/solban-liquid (US orders)
http://haidut.dyndns.org/idealabs_international.html (International orders)

The supplement is for topical use only and consists of an ethanol solution containing niacinamide / nicotinamide, caffeine and aspirin. Each one of these ingredients has been shown in multiple human and animal experiments to be beneficial for skin health using topical administration. In addition, the combination of caffeine and niacinamide has been shown to work literally as a sunscreen so this could be an option for people who do not want to be exposed to the toxic excipients in most commercial products. While I do not claim that the product is effective for any medical condition, for information purposes I have listed a number of references below. These studies have looked at effectiveness and safety of each of the ingredients for specific conditions like UV skin damage, hair loss, photoaging, wrinkles, cellulite, skin cancer, dermatitis, acne, pruritis, eczema, psoriasis, etc.
Here is the official description I placed in the online stores together with the scientific references.
I would appreciate any thoughts and comments. Thanks in advance.

Is ethanol okay for the skin?

jyb

Do we know why niacinamide works as a sunscreen? I can see why for caffeine as its a powerful anti-oxidant, is that the same mechanism for niacinamide and coconut oil in how they would protect against UV? I know all of these can be absorbed through the skin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
uuy8778yyi said:
is the alcohol bad for the face ?

or irrelevant ?

Why would alcohol be bad for the face? Where have you seen references that 20% alcohol solution applied in such amounts is bad for the skin?

Y

ypgogibk

can I add in a bit more niacin to the mixture ?

or is there already enough ?

or will it disrupt the pre-existing mixture in the bottle ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ypgogibk said:
can I add in a bit more niacin to the mixture ?

or is there already enough ?

or will it disrupt the pre-existing mixture in the bottle ?

Sure, you can try but the more stuff you add the higher chance it will precipitate. The concentration currently there is probably optimal for most needs.

Y

ypgogibk

how pure is the aspirin being used in solban ?

most aspirin powder has added lactose and sodium

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ypgogibk said:
how pure is the aspirin being used in solban ?

most aspirin powder has added lactose and sodium

There is no lactose or sodium in the aspirin used for SolBan. It is aspirin USP and as such it should not have anything other than aspirin. The only ingredients in SolBan are what is listed on the label. If there was lactose, since it is not very soluble, it would leave a milky residue and as you can see the SolBan liquid is pure and transparent.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dean

I know this question was asked before and went unanswered, but as a confessed mathematical and scientific moron, I'll ask again. Is there anyway to estimate (even roughly) how many mg of aspirin, niacinamide, and caffeine you would get per squirt? For example, I want to start taking aspirin to help with FFA, but from what has been posted in this forum, doses should be kept to 150 mg or so or liver fattening can be exasperated for people with poor metabolism/hypothyroidism. So, how many squirts/pumps could I get away with at a time?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dean said:
I know this question was asked before and went unanswered, but as a confessed mathematical and scientific moron, I'll ask again. Is there anyway to estimate (even roughly) how many mg of aspirin, niacinamide, and caffeine you would get per squirt? For example, I want to start taking aspirin to help with FFA, but from what has been posted in this forum, doses should be kept to 150 mg or so or liver fattening can be exasperated for people with poor metabolism/hypothyroidism. So, how many squirts/pumps could I get away with at a time?

I don't know how many pumps you can get away with for liver purposes. This is an individual thing. However, assuming about 5 sprays is 1ml, then each spray of SolBan will have about 10mg of aspirin and 10mg of caffeine and 40mg of niacinamide.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dean said:
ok, haidut. Thanks for your patience with all my questions.

No problem, glad to help.

Y

ypgogibk

I emailed you a long time ago about custom solban with more caffeine and aspirin in the bottle

could this be prepared ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals