SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
HDD said:
I was going to post about using it for sunscreen but thought maybe I should wait until I tried it again for sunscreen. So this us my first time using it for sunscreen. I sprayed arms, chest, face, and a little on my back before going to the beach for a few hours this past week. I also used some coconut oil but I don't recall how thorough or exactly where I rubbed the oil. I also took an aspirin. It was late afternoon mid 80's. I did not burn. My back was a little red but it was the least covered by SolBan along with my forehead (bangs). I am blond, I tan, but also burn. Everything turned to tan, no discomfort or peeling. So, next I will need to test in the morning and midday sun.

Haidut, would I need to reapply after a certain amount of time or after swimming? I usually don't stay in the sun too long anymore because I burn and don't like using zinc oxide. This will be great if it enables me to be out longer.

I think if you give it 30min-45min to absorb then it stays in the epidermal layer of the skin for up to a day. So, you should be OK with only one application per day. I guess the test would be if you feel a little rush after applying it. Most people do, and that's a sign that at least caffeine is already absorbed. But like I said above, studies show that 30min-45min is enough for the substances to get into the epidermis and not be easily washable.
I hope that helps.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
gummybear said:
Could solban heal scars?

I don't have direct studies that show it could, but I don't think it would hurt either. For scars, there are studies showing vitamin E and vitamin A are helpful so I guess EstroBan would be a better option, or you could mix vitamin E and A yourself and apply.

G

gummybear

haidut said:
gummybear said:
Could solban heal scars?

I don't have direct studies that show it could, but I don't think it would hurt either. For scars, there are studies showing vitamin E and vitamin A are helpful so I guess EstroBan would be a better option, or you could mix vitamin E and A yourself and apply.

Cool, im gonna try it. It work with stitching also?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
gummybear said:
haidut said:
gummybear said:
Could solban heal scars?

Cool, im gonna try it. It work with stitching also?

It should help with any scar really, even from stitches. Also, if there is a recent wound Ray said that covering it completely so that CO2 can build up should reduce/remove the scar after healing.

Philomath

Could naringenin be added to increase its sunscreen effect - and produce a tanning effect?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... .3302/full
Citrus flavanone naringenin enhances melanogenesis through the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signalling in mouse melanoma cells
Yu-Chun HuangChao-Hsun YangYi-Ling Chiou

Abstract
The sun-tanning process occurs as a spontaneous response to ultraviolet (UV) irradiation. UV will induce tanning and DNA damage, processes that can lead to photoaging and skin disorders such as hyperpigmentation and cancer. The pigment melanin protects skin from UV damage; therefore, an efficient melanin-promoting suntan lotion could be highly beneficial. In this study, a process was developed to increase the content of naringenin in citrus extracts and to determine whether a higher Hydrolysates of citrus plants stimulate melanogenesis protecting against UV-induced dermal damagenaringenin content of citrus would induce melanogenesis. Melanin content and tyrosinase expression in mouse B16 melanoma cells were assayed after treatment with citrus plant extracts and their hydrolysates. The results indicate that hydrolysis increased the naringenin content in citrus extracts and that citrus preparations stimulated cellular melanogenesis and tyrosinase expression. It is suggested that this method is applicable to the industrial production of melanin-promoting suntan lotions with antiphotocarcinogenic properties derived from citrus rind and citrus products. Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Philomath said:
Could naringenin be added to increase its sunscreen effect - and produce a tanning effect?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... .3302/full
Citrus flavanone naringenin enhances melanogenesis through the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signalling in mouse melanoma cells
Yu-Chun HuangChao-Hsun YangYi-Ling Chiou

Abstract
The sun-tanning process occurs as a spontaneous response to ultraviolet (UV) irradiation. UV will induce tanning and DNA damage, processes that can lead to photoaging and skin disorders such as hyperpigmentation and cancer. The pigment melanin protects skin from UV damage; therefore, an efficient melanin-promoting suntan lotion could be highly beneficial. In this study, a process was developed to increase the content of naringenin in citrus extracts and to determine whether a higher Hydrolysates of citrus plants stimulate melanogenesis protecting against UV-induced dermal damagenaringenin content of citrus would induce melanogenesis. Melanin content and tyrosinase expression in mouse B16 melanoma cells were assayed after treatment with citrus plant extracts and their hydrolysates. The results indicate that hydrolysis increased the naringenin content in citrus extracts and that citrus preparations stimulated cellular melanogenesis and tyrosinase expression. It is suggested that this method is applicable to the industrial production of melanin-promoting suntan lotions with antiphotocarcinogenic properties derived from citrus rind and citrus products. Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

I am working on a separate supplement with naringenin and some other things shown to work on "difficult" moles, if you understand what I mean.

Philomath

I'm guessing it will have a nice orange sent too! :clap

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Philomath said:
I'm guessing it will have a nice orange sent too! :clap

Pure naringenin is actually green-brownish in color and has a very vague citrus scent. But yes, it should smell like citrus.

Philomath

Philomath

Yeah, aspirin and caffeine. Another thing Ray mentioned was the story of a man who burned his scalp and hair grew back over the burned area. Interestingly, I just heard about a new therapy where they pull small clumps of hair around the bald spots to stimulate new hair growth. If I'm not mistaken, it's a surge of parathyroid hormone that initiates a regenerative process.
Another thing to consider would be infra red light therapy.

Philomath

I know its similar, but I don't know how similar. That would be a good question for Haidut or another chemist.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Philomath said:
I know its similar, but I don't know how similar. That would be a good question for Haidut or another chemist.

The salicylic acid we use is magnesium salicylate and it's sold over the counter for back pain. Peat has said that all the salicylates have similar effect on metabolism and health and he said the magnesium salt would be a good supplement to take, but he does not take it personally since all magnesium supplements upset his stomach.

Philomath

Thank you for the clarification.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals