SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sorry old post but have you thought anymore about a taurine topical?

I may add it to SolBan. In my experience it does not dissolve very well.

PhilParma

I mix my own SolBan-esque solution. 400mg of added taurine per 1 oz. of "solban" seems to dissolve just fine.

Kibs

Guys some folk report not being able to lose weight regarding b3/asprin but is this regarding oral only or would the same issue happen with topical?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Guys some folk report not being able to lose weight regarding b3/asprin but is this regarding oral only or would the same issue happen with topical?

Those reports were from oral use and much higher doses than what you'd get from SolBan.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Koveras

Hey @haidut

Topically Applied Nicotinamide Inhibits Human Hair Follicle Growth ex vivo.

Thoughts on the above study?

I'd written something down awhile ago about the ability of niacinamide to increase the synthesis of ceramides and their role in processes such as apoptosis and senescence.

Ceramide/sphingomyelin cycle involvement in gentamicin-induced cochlear hair cell death.
Ceramide mediates Ox-LDL-induced human vascular smooth muscle cell calcification via p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling.
Inhibition of sphingomyelin synthase 1 affects ceramide accumulation and hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis in Neuro-2a cells.
A Role for Ceramides, but Not Sphingomyelins, as Antagonists of Insulin Signaling and Mitochondrial Metabolism in C2C12 Myotubes.

Quizzed @Travis about it here but without garnering much interest

@Travis

Thoughts on ceramides, nicotinamide, relation to hair, relation to senescence?

What does hair loss have to teach us about cancer metastasis?

"How does hair loss relate to cancer? It turns out that keratinocytes, or skin cells, migrate through the outer skin to maintain hair follicles. In the absence of CerS4, the keratinocytes are hyperactive and migrate too much, thereby disrupting the hair cycle."

TGF-β receptor I/II trafficking and signaling at primary cilia are inhibited by ceramide to attenuate cell migration and tumor metastasis

Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin.

"Niacinamide leads to an increase in protein synthesis (e.g. keratin), has a stimulating effect on ceramide synthesis, speeds up the differentiation of keratinocytes, and raises intracellular NADP levels."

Travis

I'm surprised that you don't drag prostaglandin D₂ into this; this lipid hormone is most correlated with hair loss—occurring in high amounts where hair isn't. This has been found in a dose‐dependent fashion when correlated through mRNA for the enzyme which makes it (ptgds)—the epidemiological correlations are confirmed through direct application. The ability of niacin to displace prostaglandin D₂ is accepted, and usually invoked to explain the 'flush.' Although niacinamide doesn't cause a flush, it could perhaps be binding to one or more of the D₂‐prostaglandin G protein‐coupled receptors (Gpr44?); there are three such receptors to choose from, and niacinamide is quite similar to the molecule proven to displace prostaglandin D₂.

Koveras

I'm surprised that you don't drag prostaglandin D₂ into this; this lipid hormone is most correlated with hair loss—occurring in high amounts where hair isn't. This has been found in a dose‐dependent fashion when correlated through mRNA for the enzyme which makes it (ptgds)—the epidemiological correlations are confirmed through direct application. The ability of niacin to displace prostaglandin D₂ is accepted, and usually invoked to explain the 'flush.' Although niacinamide doesn't cause a flush, it could perhaps be binding to one or more of the D₂‐prostaglandin G protein‐coupled receptors (Gpr44?); there are three such receptors to choose from, and niacinamide is quite similar to the molecule proven to displace prostaglandin D₂.

Would you expect displacing it to improve hair growth then?

Travis

Would you expect displacing it to improve hair growth then?
The details are murky. The Garza experiment implied that the Gpr44–prostaglandin D₂ interaction was the cause—the furthest downstream event thus far elucidated. But the Gpr44 receptor is not where niacin is displacing prostaglandin D₂ from, meaning it could be making it more bioavailable for this receptor. Due to niacin's similarity with histamine, which can also cause a 'flush,' I would be willing to bet that niacin is working through . . . a perhaps uncharacterized histamine receptor. Prostaglandin D₂ and histamine are generally seen together, and appear almost inseperable in the airways of asthmatics. I get the feeling that these two molecules interact on a fundamental level (besides both being components of mast cells) and that niacin works through a histamine receptor.

But the common explanation for the niacin 'flush' is crap, because both serotonin and prostaglandin D₂ cause vessel contraction—not dilation. To understand vessel dilation and contraction on a fundamental level I think we have to understand the molecular basis for muscle contraction (the arterial wall has myosin light chain), which is something not very well known about in detail. The Ca²⁺ ion seems capable of inducing contraction, yet some muscle proteins are very high in tryptophan—perhaps implying photo‐activity. Older articles will describe initiation of contraction as Ca²⁺ released from nerves when depolarized, but there could be something else to it. Even if Ca²⁺ were the fundamental, obligatory cause someone still needs to explain how it does anything at all. I think if a person were to examine the muscle fiber proteins hard enough they'd reveal how they function. All amino acids have a characteristic idiosyncrasies which can explain protein function. Of course, there has to be a change of affinity like disulfide bridges being formed.. .

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Yeah, I saw this some time ago. The niacinamide only inhibited hair growth at massive concentrations (10 mM/L). I am not even sure why somebody would test such amounts. Lower, but still high, concentrations of 200 uM/L did not inhibit hair growth. With SolBan, I doubt the concentration in follicles will reach more than 50 uM/L, and in lower concentrations it has been shown to promote hair growth.
Also, the study was ex vivo, which is very similar to in-vitro. This is quite different from in-vivo study whee they would take alive animals and place the solution on their skin. Here is an in-vivo study, and in humans too, that shows topical application of niacin solution may treat female-pattern alopecia, which is very similar to the male type with the horse-shoe pattern and considered to be driven by the same factors.
A pilot study evaluating the efficacy of topically applied niacin derivatives for treatment of female pattern alopecia. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Cynwynd

mah-nigga.jpg

Another great product from haidut

Haidut is love
haidut is life
What do you suggest for thick dry skin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Bump. I just wanted to mention that we updated the SolBan formulation a few weeks ago. It now also contains succinic acid, with no change in product cost. The reason for adding succinic acid is its ability to increase ATP synthesis. Increasing ATP synthesis apparently has highly beneficial effects on hair growth in male androgenic allopecia AKA male pattern baldness (MPB). The supporting studies on that have been added to the beginning of the original thread, so please take a look when you get a chance.

Nicole W.

Bump. I just wanted to mention that we updated the SolBan formulation a few weeks ago. It now also contains succinic acid, with no change in product cost. The reason for adding succinic acid is its ability to increase ATP synthesis. Increasing ATP synthesis apparently has highly beneficial effects on hair growth in male androgenic allopecia AKA male pattern baldness (MPB). The supporting studies on that have been added to the beginning of the original thread, so please take a look when you get a chance.
Are there any specific benefits to skin? I’ve just read that succinic acid operates similarly to vitamin C, i.e. a pigment reducer. Is there anything else we can expect in terms of benefiting the skin? Is there any drawbacks to this addition for skin? Just curious since I just purchased this product with the new ingredient. Thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are there any specific benefits to skin? I’ve just read that succinic acid operates similarly to vitamin C, i.e. a pigment reducer. Is there anything else we can expect in terms of benefiting the skin? Is there any drawbacks to this addition for skin? Just curious since I just purchased this product with the new ingredient. Thanks!

As far as I know there are no drawbacks for the skin but there are a few published studies on topical succinic acid improving skin elasticity and being used as a topical antibacterial and antifungal agent, which may help with localized blemishes, scars, sores, etc. It may also help with lipofuscin removal but the data on that is still very sparse.

Nicole W.

As far as I know there are no drawbacks for the skin but there are a few published studies on topical succinic acid improving skin elasticity and being used as a topical antibacterial and antifungal agent, which may help with localized blemishes, scars, sores, etc. It may also help with lipofuscin removal but the data on that is still very sparse.
Thank you for your quick reply. I’m really enjoying this product.

Zpol

@haidut
Is the amount of aspirin significant enough that one should not use in conjunction with blood thinners and oral aspirin supplementation?
My boyfriend is using a dermal-roller on his face for acne scars (although he is still getting acne). I would like him to use SolBan before and after using the deramal-roller. He had two stents put in his heart last September is taking Brilinta (blood thinner) and 81mg aspirin. He bruises easily on these meds and I don't want his blood too thin [obvi]. But, currently, he's using some OTC face wash full of parebens, SLS, and god knows what other toxic stuff, so this is no good either. This is a borderline medical question, I realize; but any guidance you can give would be appreciated, even an anecdotal story if you got one.

I too am about to start an aspirin regimen, plus I'm taking a proteolytic enzyme supplement 2x/day, and I would like to use SolBan as a sunscreen.

Also, will the amount of aspirin affect Vitamin C absorption? ... or this not an issue when taking SolBan topically and Vit. C orally.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Is the amount of aspirin significant enough that one should not use in conjunction with blood thinners and oral aspirin supplementation?
My boyfriend is using a dermal-roller on his face for acne scars (although he is still getting acne). I would like him to use SolBan before and after using the deramal-roller. He had two stents put in his heart last September is taking Brilinta (blood thinner) and 81mg aspirin. He bruises easily on these meds and I don't want his blood too thin [obvi]. But, currently, he's using some OTC face wash full of parebens, SLS, and god knows what other toxic stuff, so this is no good either. This is a borderline medical question, I realize; but any guidance you can give would be appreciated, even an anecdotal story if you got one.

I too am about to start an aspirin regimen, plus I'm taking a proteolytic enzyme supplement 2x/day, and I would like to use SolBan as a sunscreen.

Also, will the amount of aspirin affect Vitamin C absorption? ... or this not an issue when taking SolBan topically and Vit. C orally.

I don't think the amount of aspirin in SolBan raises blood levels to the point of causing coagulation issues unless the person pours the entire SolBan bottle over the their body and rubs it in.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals