SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Makaveli

I've been applying this to the front center of my hairline and while the rest of my hair has gotten thicker, the area i've been applying the Solban to has thinned out. Can this cause shedding before thicker hair grows back?

Other than that, Solban has been working great on my skin and I thank you for the awesome product.

Last edited:

aquaman

To make it, I melted the oil and wax in a cup standing in a cup of boiling water. When all thoroughly melted, stir well, add zinc oxide, stir more. Pour into a mould. Cool till it's solid. Should make a block you can rub on skin. If i leave it in the car on a hot day it will be soft or liquid, and smear/spread easily that way too. I have had issues with the zinc oxide powder settling somewhat i it stays liquid for long, which can be remedied by stirring more. Even then, I've had some issues with the zinc being a bit unevenly spread.

Not sure what you mean by clumpy. Could it be that the wax, which has a higher melt point, was not fully melted and mixed with the other oils? Or did the zinc oxide powder not mix in evenly?

This sounds good.

I've used just coconut oil as sunscreen for many weeks at a time in 100 degree weather on the beach (eg Thailand, Mexico) and never been burnt. It's super effective on its own.

Maybe will add some dissolved aspirin, caffeine etc next time too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been applying this to the front center of my hairline and while the rest of my hair has gotten thicker, the area i've been applying the Solban to has thinned out. Can this cause shedding before thicker hair grows back?

Other than that, Solban has been working great on my skin and I thank you for the awesome product.

It should make hair thicker. How are your cholesterol levels? How much are you applying? It needs to make the skin only slightly misty. No need to drench it in the stuff. The studies showed that using too much caffeine may inhibit hair growth. The lower concnetrations (0.001%) stimulated hair growth while the higher ones (0.05% - 0.1%) inhibited it. These concentrations are intracellular, so the 1% caffeine on SolBan should not be confused with the intracellular ones. Applying a little SolBan but not making the skin wet should get achieve the 0.001% intracellular concentrations.

Dhair

Does anyone have any more updates relating to using this for lipomas or sebaceous cysts?

Makaveli

It should make hair thicker. How are your cholesterol levels? How much are you applying? It needs to make the skin only slightly misty. No need to drench it in the stuff. The studies showed that using too much caffeine may inhibit hair growth. The lower concnetrations (0.001%) stimulated hair growth while the higher ones (0.05% - 0.1%) inhibited it. These concentrations are intracellular, so the 1% caffeine on SolBan should not be confused with the intracellular ones. Applying a little SolBan but not making the skin wet should get achieve the 0.001% intracellular concentrations.

My cholesterol levels were very low last time I checked in October. My total was 100, hdl and ldl were both very low too. But that was right before I started eating R. Peat friendly. Does cholesterol affect hair? I admit I probably have been spraying a lot on my scalp allowing too much caffeine to get absorbed.

Rtm320

Wondering how one would recommend applying it? I am currently using it on my scalp--as soon as I finish showering I part my wet hair working my way from one side to the other in about 1 inch segments spraying twice to cover all thinning areas. Do you think applying to wet hair might dilute it? I really want this to work in my daily routine. I was surprised and pleased it doesnt leave my hair feeling crispy--I blow dry my hair and it feel normal. I am so hesitant to say but I do believe it is helping to regrow hair in my temple region. Full disclosure I have been using my red light consistently as well but perhaps the two together is making the difference. Either way I am crossing my fingers and hope to continue with progress...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My cholesterol levels were very low last time I checked in October. My total was 100, hdl and ldl were both very low too. But that was right before I started eating R. Peat friendly. Does cholesterol affect hair? I admit I probably have been spraying a lot on my scalp allowing too much caffeine to get absorbed.

Well, with low cholesterol steroidogenesis will be negatively affected. If the local metabolism of the cell is stimulated by SolBan and there is no cholesterol available this can cause a stress reaction. Low cholesterol also correlates with hair loss.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wondering how one would recommend applying it? I am currently using it on my scalp--as soon as I finish showering I part my wet hair working my way from one side to the other in about 1 inch segments spraying twice to cover all thinning areas. Do you think applying to wet hair might dilute it? I really want this to work in my daily routine. I was surprised and pleased it doesnt leave my hair feeling crispy--I blow dry my hair and it feel normal. I am so hesitant to say but I do believe it is helping to regrow hair in my temple region. Full disclosure I have been using my red light consistently as well but perhaps the two together is making the difference. Either way I am crossing my fingers and hope to continue with progress...

SolBan is supposed to be applied on skin. People applying it on head usually have hair loss issues and apply it to the bald spots. Not sure why you would be applying it to hair, but if hair is wet it could dilute it. So, I would try to do it on dry hair at least.

Rtm320

Thanks @haidut I do have hairloss but I am not completely bald so I part the hair I have to spray it on my scalp. Thanks for the reply

tara

This sounds good.

I've used just coconut oil as sunscreen for many weeks at a time in 100 degree weather on the beach (eg Thailand, Mexico) and never been burnt. It's super effective on its own.

Maybe will add some dissolved aspirin, caffeine etc next time too.
I only use the oily zinc mix for extra protection when I expect to be out for longer in hot sun than usual. I use caffeine/aspirin/niacinamide in water solution much more often. They don't mix, so if I want to use both, I spray the water solution first, then the oily one a little later after the wet one has had a chance to absorb. And then if I got burnt anyway, I use more of the water solution later after washing off the oil.

Makaveli

Well, with low cholesterol steroidogenesis will be negatively affected. If the local metabolism of the cell is stimulated by SolBan and there is no cholesterol available this can cause a stress reaction. Low cholesterol also correlates with hair loss.

Thanks for taking your time to respond @haidut . I'm holding off on the Solban until I can get my cholesterol levels back up.

A. squamosa

I use this and a physical sunscreen (zinc oxide) over the top (Australian summer + very pale skin = need as much protection as possible!), they wouldn't react negatively together would they?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I use this and a physical sunscreen (zinc oxide) over the top (Australian summer + very pale skin = need as much protection as possible!), they wouldn't react negatively together would they?

I am not aware of any intercations. In fact, some sunscreen products have started to add caffeine or even aspirin to their core zinc oxide formula.

rw39

haidut, would you mind making an exception and accepting paypal from me, like you used to?

satsumass

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Love Solban, usually go through a bottle a month (two doses of 5 sprays per day abouts).

I would like to be able to add some Kuinone, Lapodin, and possibly some T3 to Solban to help with skin health. Would this be OK, or do the DMSO preparations conflict with the Solban in any way?
I was thinking maybe 30 drops Kuinone (so 1 drop per day of Kuinone over 10 sprays total), 60 drops of Lapodin, and 30mcg T3 to a full bottle of Solban.

Any issues with this or better guidance on dosages?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Love Solban, usually go through a bottle a month (two doses of 5 sprays per day abouts).

I would like to be able to add some Kuinone, Lapodin, and possibly some T3 to Solban to help with skin health. Would this be OK, or do the DMSO preparations conflict with the Solban in any way?
I was thinking maybe 30 drops Kuinone (so 1 drop per day of Kuinone over 10 sprays total), 60 drops of Lapodin, and 30mcg T3 to a full bottle of Solban.

Any issues with this or better guidance on dosages?

I think you can add all of these as the water, ethanol and DMSO usually mix well. The ones that do not mix well are tocopherol/MCT based supplements and ethanol/water/DMSO based ones. The doses of additional supplements you want to add depend on what you are trying to achieve, but the doses you mentioned should have a positive synergistic effect with the SolBan ingredients.

Atticas

Haidut, thank you so much for helping create these great products and pouring out all this research so we truly know the ingredients you use, work.

I am actually one of the unfortunate sufferers of Post-Finasteride Syndrome, and through my activity in another forum, I came across one of your products, 5a-DHP, and I have definitely seen some interesting effects take place after taking it.

With that being said, I wanted to let you know, I've finally had time to look more into these forums and read about this product in particular, which I am definitely planning on buying. It was brought to my attention after I told someone in another forum that after developing PFS, I received a lot of bad skin issues (wrinkling, eye bags, saggy facial skin).

Gonna go ahead and buy one or two bottles, and I'll be sure to keep you, as well as the others in this thread posted. I'll also try using it on my hair (full head, kind of long hair at the moment) and keep you guys posted on that as well :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, thank you so much for helping create these great products and pouring out all this research so we truly know the ingredients you use, work.

I am actually one of the unfortunate sufferers of Post-Finasteride Syndrome, and through my activity in another forum, I came across one of your products, 5a-DHP, and I have definitely seen some interesting effects take place after taking it.

With that being said, I wanted to let you know, I've finally had time to look more into these forums and read about this product in particular, which I am definitely planning on buying. It was brought to my attention after I told someone in another forum that after developing PFS, I received a lot of bad skin issues (wrinkling, eye bags, saggy facial skin).

Gonna go ahead and buy one or two bottles, and I'll be sure to keep you, as well as the others in this thread posted. I'll also try using it on my hair (full head, kind of long hair at the moment) and keep you guys posted on that as well :)

Thanks for the nice words! And please do keeps us posted on results with SolBan and 5a-DHP.

seeyeff

A few sprays of SolBan gave me instant pain relief on a mild (1st degree?) burn I got on my finger from touching a very hot cast iron pan.

I'm not sure if this was the placebo effect or not, and I'm not sure why it worked, but it seemed to give me instant local pain relief and prevented blistering — which may or may not have occurred without the SolBan application, but it seemed like the kind of burn that has caused blistering in the past. Instead of the skin turning white and blistering, it got saturated in SolBan and just stayed red until it healed.

When the dull "after burn" pain was about to set in, I just remember thinking, SolBan is supposed to help with sunburn, right? Maybe it'll help with this.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Another potential use for SolBan. Many thanks @haidut !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals