SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
HDD said:
I have spent most of my life in the sun and and now have sun damaged skin. A family member that works for a dermatologist told me I should use fluorouracil on my arms and face to take care of anything that could possibly be precancerous. (From RP- " [Topical fluorouracil for skin cancer] About 6% of the fluorouracil is absorbed systemically.") I don't really want to use the Fluorouracil especially since I don't have anything obvious that requires treatment.
I also have a large amount of age spots from early menopause and too much sun.

Do you think SolBan could help with either?

Both of these conditions have been successfully treated by 4% topical niacinamide and topical vitamin A. I posted studies covering both, especially sun damaged skin. So, SolBan and EstroBan combined should work very well, but I would try SolBan first as the caffeine and aspirin additions are supposed to help a lot with sun damaged skin and won't stain or grease your skin. The SolBan liquid is completely transparent and the only way you find out you have been applying a substance is that if some of the ingredients don't get absorbed so you may get a white powdery residue on your skin which is easily rubbed off. Just don't use too much SolBan in the evening. If I use it after 8pm I find it hard to fall asleep. It seems that caffeine is very well absorbed through the skin in this preparation. Finally, here is a report of niacinamide helping sun burn a lot. Not exactly what you have but similar enough.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2782&start=90#p69598

HDD

Thanks, haidut. Are there instructions for frequency? Since it can be used as a sunsreen, would sitting in the sun pose a problem. I have an otc product, Ambi, and some retinol samples that require blocking sun in order for spots to not darken. It is hard to avoid the sun in Florida.

Is the EstroBan also used topically?

I will probably need a gallon. :eek:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
HDD said:
Thanks, haidut. Are there instructions for frequency? Since it can be used as a sunsreen, would sitting in the sun pose a problem. I have an otc product, Ambi, and some retinol samples that require blocking sun in order for spots to not darken. It is hard to avoid the sun in Florida.

Is the EstroBan also used topically?

I will probably need a gallon. :eek:

I am not sure if sitting in the sun would pose a problem, since everybody responds differently to the sun. All I am saying is that there are studies showing topical caffeine working well as both a chemical and physical sunscreen. So, using it before going under the sun should reduce sunburn. Using it after sunburn should speed up healing and reduce skin damage.
EstroBan is fat-soluble mixture of vitamins and as such can be used topically as well. It is not to be used as sunscreen since you may get vitamin toxicity if you apply a whole bottle needed to cover a large area. EstroBan is better used on a small area of specific damage (spot, mole, etc). SolBan can be sprayed on a larger area including the problematic spot / mole, and after it dries out EstroBan can be applied on the specific spot.
Makes sense?
I recommend reviewing the studies I posted, even if it's just reading the abstracts. This should answer a number of potential questions on skin issues that SolBan can be helpful for. The FDA regulations prohibit me from recommending the product for specific conditions that FDA considers a disease, but I can refer you to the studies discussing the effects on substances used in SolBan for those conditions.

HDD

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you. I am excited to try this product!

Fetch

I am going to order for other issues but curious if you think solban would be helpful for sebaceous cysts or excess sebum at all. I have found estroban makes a significant difference with blackheads and sebum in general. Maybe estroban or even just vitamin A directly applied to a sebaceous cyst? Thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Fetch said:
I am going to order for other issues but curious if you think solban would be helpful for sebaceous cysts or excess sebum at all. I have found estroban makes a significant difference with blackheads and sebum in general. Maybe estroban or even just vitamin A directly applied to a sebaceous cyst? Thanks

Here is a study claiming that 2% niacinamide solution was effective for reduction of facial sebum.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16766489

"...The results of the Japanese study demonstrated that the SER of the two groups was not significantly different at baseline, but the 2% niacinamide treated group demonstrated significantly lowered SER after 2 and 4 weeks of application. The results were somewhat different in the Caucasian study. After 6 weeks of treatment, the CSL was significantly reduced, but the SER was not significantly reduced."

I don't have much knowledge of sebaceous cysts, but caffeine is known to be lipolytic so applying it directly on the cyst should help. In other words, I do expect SolBan to be helpful but I just don't know how much it would help reduce the actual cyst. Since there are no reports in the medical literature of caffeine exacerbating these conditions I think it would be fine to try and keep increasing the number of times per day of application until no more benefit it seen or the person starts getting symptoms of too much caffeine (i.e. anxiety, jitteriness, etc).

chris

cantstoppeating said:
This seems like a great combination for skin issues. I want to try this for hairloss. There's been a few studies documenting the success of topical thyroid regrowing hair so I'd like to try dissolving a few mcg of T3 into the bottle and applying it to the scalp. Is this OK to do?

cantstoppeating - Are you experimenting with the T3 in solban? I've ordered some and tempted to mix some T3 in it for hair loss.

chris said:
cantstoppeating said:
This seems like a great combination for skin issues. I want to try this for hairloss. There's been a few studies documenting the success of topical thyroid regrowing hair so I'd like to try dissolving a few mcg of T3 into the bottle and applying it to the scalp. Is this OK to do?

cantstoppeating - Are you experimenting with the T3 in solban? I've ordered some and tempted to mix some T3 in it for hair loss.

Not quite yet but I will be.

Ray has commented about how caffeine and aspirin together mimic T3's metabolism-boosting effects, so it may not be necessary but I'm leaning towards its addition being beneficial, especially given these two studies:

10590483_864246643597660_1491398591800822849_n.jpg

In humans, the above used a solution containing T4, insulin and some other good stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/thedannyro...33414.160367813985550/864246643597660/?type=1

And this study done on mice using topical T3:

"These data suggest that follicles in the telogen phase can be induced to enter the anagen phase by the topical application of T3. This thyroid hormone may reverse graying of the terminal hair. In the in vitro experiments, T3 stimulated hair shaft growth."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17961449

What's interesting about the above study is that it was done after the researchers remarked:

"Darkening of gray and white hairs occurred in 2 patients with increased exogenous triiodothyronine (T3) due to treatment of myxedema coma in one case and iatrogenic hyperthyroidism in the other. We hypothesized that thyroid hormone may affect the homeostasis of hair follicles."

So they noticed reversal of white and grey hairs when 2 people were given T3, in each case to correct their deranged metabolism. The study also tells us the dose they used when attempting to replicate the results in mice:

"T3 (0.5 microg) dissolved in ethanol was applied topically once daily for 10 days to a depilated area in the telogen phase on the backs of the mice"

I'm probably going to use SolBan on my left temple and SolBan + T3 on my right temple and note the effects. If haidut can let us know how many ml of the solution is dispersed per pump, then we should be able to workout how much T3 to add to get 0.5mcg per dose/day.

A

Adnada

Haidut, is there any possibility of SolBan causing peach fuzz to turn to terminal hair where hair loss is not a problem? For example the light fuzz on a woman's face or arms. I imagine not, but better safe than sorry :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Adnada said:
Haidut, is there any possibility of SolBan causing peach fuzz to turn to terminal hair where hair loss is not a problem? For example the light fuzz on a woman's face or arms. I imagine not, but better safe than sorry :)

Well, nothing is impossible, right?! However, I don't know of a single study or anecdotal report of the SolBan ingredients causing fuzz to turn into hair. Caffeine stimulates progesterone synthesis, which should prevent facial hair development in women rather than cause it.

chris

cantstoppeating said:
I'm probably going to use SolBan on my left temple and SolBan + T3 on my right temple and note the effects. If haidut can let us know how many ml of the solution is dispersed per pump, then we should be able to workout how much T3 to add to get 0.5mcg per dose/day.

Are you monitoring your temples by taking photographs?

Katty

Haidut,
I know it's only been a couple more weeks, but any update on your friend who is using the SolBan on her lypoma? Also, what's her protocol? Does she spray the lypoma with a certain number of sprays per day?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Katty said:
Haidut,
I know it's only been a couple more weeks, but any update on your friend who is using the SolBan on her lypoma? Also, what's her protocol? Does she spray the lypoma with a certain number of sprays per day?

I don't know for sure it is a lypoma and neither does she, it just looks like one. The mass/nodule has shrunk and is now of the same height as her normal skin. Daily sprays (2-3) in the morning is all she claimed to have done.

Katty

haidut said:
Katty said:
Haidut,

I don't know for sure it is a lypoma and neither does she, it just looks like one. The mass/nodule has shrunk and is now of the same height as her normal skin. Daily sprays (2-3) in the morning is all she claimed to have done.

Thanks for the update! Is it a growth on top of the skin? Or is it more of a fatty deposit under the skin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Katty said:
haidut said:
Katty said:
Haidut,

Thanks for the update! Is it a growth on top of the skin? Or is it more of a fatty deposit under the skin?

A fatty deposit under the skin that was raised before treatment and is now apparently flat.

haidut, off the top of your head, do you know of any issues/interference when applying Solban along with other topical creams/gels?

I'm using Solban over a custom vitamin C + E + Ferulic acid topical solution and I'm assuming I'm still getting the benefits of Solban. Or perhaps I should be using Solban first, waiting for it to dry, then using the custom solution?

Zachs

Haidut, not sure how transparent you want to be but can you discuss the pricing of your supplements, namely the mark up? I'm just curious because I notice a trend of $20 for 2oz (30 day supply or less for most?) Instead of a price based on ingredients.

Thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
cantstoppeating said:
haidut, off the top of your head, do you know of any issues/interference when applying Solban along with other topical creams/gels?

I'm using Solban over a custom vitamin C + E + Ferulic acid topical solution and I'm assuming I'm still getting the benefits of Solban. Or perhaps I should be using Solban first, waiting for it to dry, then using the custom solution?

I would apply SolBan first, let it dry and then apply any fatty cream/ointment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals