SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

CKA

Yea, maybe the wax just didn't mix up enough with the oil. It's like little harder pieces that are a pain to pick out (or off the skin). Thanks for the response

tara

Yea, maybe the wax just didn't mix up enough with the oil. It's like little harder pieces that are a pain to pick out (or off the skin). Thanks for the response
I made a batch once that was kind of grainy - I suspect it may have been the same problem. Next time I made sure to heat and melt a bit longer to make sure they were well mixed.

encerent

My skin just glows on this stuff. It looks so healthy now, even when I haven't slept well

pepsi

My skin just glows on this stuff. It looks so healthy now, even when I haven't slept well
Wow, thats great to hear. So you dont you get any dryness from it? Do you use anything else on your skin?

I can't tell if its doing anything beneficial to my skin because it feels so dry after application.

Dan W

That's interesting that you get dryness, Christina. I tend towards dry skin (and don't use any other skin products), but SolBan feels pretty neutral after application.

I think I've noticed similar (but mild) improvements in skin quality.

encerent

Wow, thats great to hear. So you dont you get any dryness from it? Do you use anything else on your skin?

I can't tell if its doing anything beneficial to my skin because it feels so dry after application.

Oh the ethanol will be drying for sure for most people. So it does feel a bit dry for me too, but in a rather good way, like tighter. I use a heavy moisturizer at night (CeraVe), so my skin is overall very well hydrated.

sladerunner69

Oh the ethanol will be drying for sure for most people. So it does feel a bit dry for me too, but in a rather good way, like tighter. I use a heavy moisturizer at night (CeraVe), so my skin is overall very well hydrated.

Are you concerned that CeraVe contains parabens and dimethicone and other industrial chemicals that have been proven to have negative health affects?

DennisX

Can SolBan and Treninoin 0.04% be used together on face? SolBan in the morning everyday and Treninoin at night 3x a week?

Belsazar

Stay away from all synthetic retinoids including Tretinoin. (Ray Peat Email Advice Depository). Im not sure if Tretinoin is bioidentical with physiological Retinoic Acid, but i would go directly for topical Retinolserum or Retinal(dehyd)- your skin will convert those anyway. (Retinaldehyde: Skin benefits of retinoids with less irritation )

Anyway if Solban is used in combination especially with vitamin a, i would use it during the day as it is actually a sunblocker while vitamin a could increase the risk for sunburn (This is even known and recommended by dermatologists for all topical retinoids). It wouldnt make any sense the other way around.

Last edited:

encerent

Are you concerned that CeraVe contains parabens and dimethicone and other industrial chemicals that have been proven to have negative health affects?

Yes I am, even though it's worked quite well for my face for a few years now. I am looking out for other options with less potentially dangerous substances. Anyone have a recommendation for a facial moisturizers?

sladerunner69

Yes I am, even though it's worked quite well for my face for a few years now. I am looking out for other options with less potentially dangerous substances. Anyone have a recommendation for a facial moisturizers?

Yes I know of a really great facial moisturizer that is entirely organic and natural, and even promotes growth and life and the cellular life.

It has a slimy viscosity and feels so good anywhere it is applied, it can also be used to lessen the amount of friction that my irritate a bodypart during bouts of physicality or repeated movement. It has a creamy white appearance but will absorb into the skin after a couple minutes of massage.

Google Express - Kirkland Signature Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, 84 oz

DaveFoster

@haidut

I'm considering purchasing SolBan; do you think it would be helpful with hair loss associated with MPB as opposed to alopecia areata?

If so, do you think it would improve the efficacy of vigorous massaging exercises (pinching the scalp)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

I'm considering purchasing SolBan; do you think it would be helpful with hair loss associated with MPB as opposed to alopecia areata?

If so, do you think it would improve the efficacy of vigorous massaging exercises (pinching the scalp)?

Some people in this thread reported it helping for MPB. Topical caffeine for MBP is very hot topic. I posted a second study a few months ago that validated the original study results from a decade ago for using caffeine (0.001% - 0.01%) topically for MPB. Niaincamide and aspirin have also been studied for that. Topical antiserotonin blocking 5-HT2B receptor can also help as hair loss is a fibrosis issue to a degree. But caffeine, aspirin and thyroid are also strong anti-fibrotics.

DaveFoster

Some people in this thread reported it helping for MPB. Topical caffeine for MBP is very hot topic. I posted a second study a few months ago that validated the original study results from a decade ago for using caffeine (0.001% - 0.01%) topically for MPB. Niaincamide and aspirin have also been studied for that. Topical antiserotonin blocking 5-HT2B receptor can also help as hair loss is a fibrosis issue to a degree. But caffeine, aspirin and thyroid are also strong anti-fibrotics.
All interesting info, haidut, thanks. I'll place an order and leave a review.

A. squamosa

Hello,

To all those using SolBan for rosacea, or at least have rosacea and are using SolBan, have you noticed a difference in the rosacea, and if so how long until you started noticing it?
I just received SolBan and have used it once so far, just wondering!

belcanto

Haidut, where is the Solban on your IdeaLabs site? Are you discontinuing certain items? I've been using the Solban on my scalp prior to using a laser helmet.

Dan W

Haidut, where is the Solban on your IdeaLabs site? Are you discontinuing certain items? I've been using the Solban on my scalp prior to using a laser helmet.
It's still showing up for me at least on the home page. Perhaps you're on the lab page?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

The only supplement that we are currently considering discontinuing is TyroMax. As Dan said, the SolBan is still available from the main page below.
www.idealabsdc.com

A. squamosa

When I had niacin before (ages ago in vitamin form) if I had a hot drink afterwards (could be hours afterwards) I would get a red rash all over (itchy too). I thought niacinamide was different. But when I apply SolBan in the morning (never more than 5 sprays, just on my face) if I have a hot shower at night I am getting a red flushing on my shoulder blades, upper part of my chest and lower part of my neck, and my inner thighs all the way to my knees. It gets itchy on my thighs. It doesn't last very long. I know it's the SolBan, and I know it's not the caffeine or the aspirin or the ethanol (all of which I never have any reaction to).
Can anyone explain this reaction to me?
It's not enough to stop me using the SolBan, but I just want to know what's going on and if I should be worried?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
When I had niacin before (ages ago in vitamin form) if I had a hot drink afterwards (could be hours afterwards) I would get a red rash all over (itchy too). I thought niacinamide was different. But when I apply SolBan in the morning (never more than 5 sprays, just on my face) if I have a hot shower at night I am getting a red flushing on my shoulder blades, upper part of my chest and lower part of my neck, and my inner thighs all the way to my knees. It gets itchy on my thighs. It doesn't last very long. I know it's the SolBan, and I know it's not the caffeine or the aspirin or the ethanol (all of which I never have any reaction to).
Can anyone explain this reaction to me?
It's not enough to stop me using the SolBan, but I just want to know what's going on and if I should be worried?

Niacinamide is supposed to NOT cause flushing. At least I have never heard of such a case. It could be an allergic reaction. Are you sure you are not allergic to caffeine or aspirin, or even niacinamide?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals