Sodium thiosulfate protects against hearing loss in cisplatin chemotherapy patients

Gadsie

Peat has spoken positively about sodium thiosulfate before.
In the unfortunate event that you may ever need cisplatin chemotherapy, look into this. It seems to be quite risk free as well.

Hearing loss of grade 1 or higher occurred in 18 of 55 children (33%) in the cisplatin–sodium thiosulfate group, as compared with 29 of 46 (63%) in the cisplatin-alone group, indicating a 48% lower incidence of hearing loss in the cisplatin–sodium thiosulfate group

The survival rate seemed to be a bit better as well, though not necessarily enough to draw conclusions from:

The 3-year rates of event-free survival were 82% in the cisplatin–sodium thiosulfate group and 79% in the cisplatin-alone group, and the 3-year rates of overall survival were 98% and 92% respectively.

Grapelander

I heard it was used post-Chernobyl to chelate radiation.

Per wiki:
Sodium thiosulfate, also spelled sodium thiosulphate, is used as a medication to treat cyanide poisoning, pityriasis versicolor, and to decrease side effects from cisplatin. For cyanide poisoning it is often used after the medication sodium nitrite and typically only recommended for severe cases. It is either given by injection into a vein or applied to the skin.

Dr. Peat:
Townsend Newsletter
When flowers of sulfur is taken orally, some of it becomes available for use in the rhodanese system. lt might be less irritating and more effective to use a form of sulfur which is chemically more available, namely thiosulfate. (My thoughts on light removing carbon monoxide from cytochromes led me to think about photography; sodium thiosulfate is used to clear the photographic emulsion, removing the silver which was not exposed to light. In that sense, its activity as a reductant is equivalent to light's action).
In acute cyanide poisoning, a large dose of sodium thiosulfate (l2grams) is injected rapidly; it is poorly absorbed when taken orally. I decided to try small oral doses,
about 50 mg. a few times per day
. It has improved my tolerance for chocolate and wheat, which I still reacted to in spite of using pregnenolone, which was permitting
me to eat many other foods that earlier would have caused migraines and asthma. Pregnenolone seems to stabilize the cytochromes physically, while rhodanese
(with sulfur) restores their chemical activity. Some druggists still sell sodium thiosulfate as a treatment for skin diseases. It has been used to treat arthritis, which would be logical if it is able to increase formation of pregnenolone and the various steroid hormones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals