Sodium Bicarbonate Cures Colds And Flu

rei

Another theory as to the etiology of colds is that of a filtrable virus as brought forth by Kruse in 1914, but this theory was also definitely demonstrated as being untenable through a series of experiments by Robertson and Graves in 1924.

COLD IS NOT INFECTIOUS
The first thing that I want to oppugn is that a cold is an acute infection."I have been able to disprove this by experiments on a number of people free from cold by trying to inoculate them with the secretions of an individual suffering from an acute cold. As infectious diseases are generally most contagious in the period of incubation or the early stages,I chose the time when the secretions were most profuse for my inoculations. In no single instance was a cold contracted.
In a study of several thousand cases of colds extending over a period of 11 years, and after numerous unsuccessful attempts to inoculate cold-free persons with the secretions from acute colds, I am thoroughly convinced that an acute cold affecting the upper respiratory tract is not primarily an infection but only a symptom syndrome of a systemic disturbance.

Interesting considering the recent thread here about the misrepresentation of viruses. Either this guy is lying through his teeth, or modern science is fraudulent or delusional.

Last edited:

revenant

He suggests 60 gram doses of sodium bicarbonate every 2 hours. Seems like a lot. Any dangers with this?

It's a woo. He suggests having 60 grams of bicarbonate with meal.

Max23

My experience with everything that counters stomach acid is that it decreases the organisms ability to fight infections. 60 grams is a crazy dose. Maybe there is some truth in it when dualism is applied, something like for those it is beneficial who have an acidic system and detrimental for those who have an alkaline system.

InChristAlone

Interesting considering the recent thread here about the misrepresentation of viruses. Either this guy is lying through his teeth, or modern science is fraudulent or delusional.
Germ theory was just a theory based on Pasteur. Bechamp did NOT believe it was the germs, but the terrain. And then Pasteur recanted on his death bed, that yes in fact it was the terrain, but at that point it was too late, everyone was about killing germs.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

tara

He suggests 60 gram doses of sodium bicarbonate every 2 hours. Seems like a lot. Any dangers with this?
That looks like a high dose to me.
Milk-alkali syndrome?
Maybe there are situations where it would be OK briefly, in someone with robust metabolism and mineral balance.
Repeated often, or if there was imbalance to begin with, or if calcium is also high, ..?

I would be cautious about taking that much without expert supervision or monitoring pH etc.

tara

That might be a bit black and white. Infections are more likely to find a foothold in people who are out of balance to start with. It's not necessarily either/or.

Grapelander

Yes - a good find. Should be added to the Covid remedy forum.
"...all the symptoms of a cold...rapidly subsided upon the administration of sodium bicarbonate in large doses by mouth and by rectum."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals