Soda Stream Bought At Garage Sale

artlange

The price seemed right ($5) and I could not resist. It came with a new CO2 cylinder, the machine, and a few plastic bottles. How is a soda stream used in the context of an OJ + Milk peat environment?

OP
A

artlange

To make fizzy milk, obviously.
I found a manual for my model and they make a big deal of saying only use "pure water" and add the flavoring later. I have not yet tried anything. Have you used a soda stream with OJ or milk?

L

lollipop

Yes! I use it all the time. Sparkle the water first and then mix in a glass with orange juice. Makes an awesome soda!! My husband likes 50/50 ratio.

The machine is not designed to sparkle milk or any other juice, only water.

@artlange - great buy! You will love it ❤️ I have used mine for 2 1/2 years.

OP
A

artlange

Yes! I use it all the time. Sparkle the water first and then mix in a glass with orange juice. Makes an awesome soda!! My husband likes 50/50 ratio.

The machine is not designed to sparkle milk or any other juice, only water.

@artlange - great buy! You will love it ❤️ I have used mine for 2 1/2 years.

Thank you.

DaveFoster

To make fizzy milk, obviously.
I asked the Costco sales person about this; she said it was possible, but I've never received such a discerning look in my life.

L

lollipop

I asked the Costco sales person about this; she said it was possible, but I've never received such a discerning look in my life.
:) I stand corrected. I actually never tried, just followed the company's recommendation. Lol, I can only imagine her look.

OP
A

artlange

Now I'm curious. I want to know what happens to both OJ and milk when CO2 is bubbled through them. the OJ or milk may reduce the solubility of CO2, or not. The only source of true knowledge is experiment.

amd

When you open the small CO2 cartridges there's a strong lubricant/grease scent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals