Soap

Green Dot

So I knew about the xenoestrogens in regular soap, but I just read that Ray even thinks that "toxin free" soap ALSO functions as an endocrine disruptor.

"Just washing the skin with pure soap alters the skin's endocrine function for days. and doing it every day is an "endocrine disrupter," even if there are no toxic additives in the soap."

What do you guys think?

rothko

I think hes right. Use soap everywhere once a week or two weeks and underarms and groin daily or every other day. Use real soap. Buy something from palestine or middle east, or India. Try Chandrika Ayurvedic or some Aleppo soap

golder

Is there anything gentle that we can safely use every day? I do a fair bit of labour and have high sebum production. Water just seems nowhere near good enough.

EvanHinkle

My wife makes soap for our family and friends, (she sells it too, but it’s not her primary gig). When you make your own you can eliminate the pufa and include other potentially helpful ingredients like say activated charcoal or coffee. I hesitate to post a link because I don’t want to be a shill, but as someone who has used her soap for years I can say that there are better soap options out there. Also for reference I too use soap sparringly, (maybe once-twice a week for a full body soap up).

Yann

You can use baking soda on your hair instead. Works fine for me and has stopped dandruff, along with increasing Vitamins A & D. Danny Roddy also uses baking soda.

I think hes right. Use soap everywhere once a week or two weeks and underarms and groin daily or every other day. Use real soap. Buy something from palestine or middle east, or India. Try Chandrika Ayurvedic or some Aleppo soap

Under arms, groin and feet always when showering. I have not washed my legs, arms, back or stomach for 40 years! What would I be washing off my own natural heathy oils?

You can use baking soda on your hair instead. Works fine for me and has stopped dandruff, along with increasing Vitamins A & D. Danny Roddy also uses baking soda.

You gotta be careful with baking soda in hair. I used it once and it surely brightened my hair a bunch, being a natural blonde, but it dried it out so badly.

Attachments

• 20210911_125307.jpg
    20210911_125307.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Kykeon

Q3
unless one takes extended baths in soapy water it is ok imo.
however my body odor is worst one day after taking showers, i think the antimicrobial effect of steroids in the sweat is underrated.
there is also an angle of not wanting to lose beneficial ammonia oxidzing bacteria (david whitelock) but ray thinks it is not the real reason.

Inaut

I stopped using soap on my body for the last 6 months. Only when I really need a clean. I dont smell, my hair is healthier and I feel pretty good with just scrubbing action and water. I wish my water source was better though (city aka shitty water)

JamesGatz

I stopped using soap on my body for the last 6 months. Only when I really need a clean. I dont smell, my hair is healthier and I feel pretty good with just scrubbing action and water. I wish my water source was better though (city aka shitty water)
I used to be the same and bought a shower filter and seems to be a real difference - the water is noticeably thinner than unfiltered tap water which is concerning because I never realized how thick with toxins unfiltered tap water could be until that

I used to be the same and bought a shower filter and seems to be a real difference - the water is noticeably thinner than unfiltered tap water which is concerning because I never realized how thick with toxins unfiltered tap water could be until that

I bought a showerhead with a filter on it too a couple of years back and the water FEELS so less harsh.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals