So Ray Peat dislikes tocotrienols,what about gamma tocophero

freal

I read tocotrienols are not very safe according to Ray Peat, what about gamma tocopherol. Gamma tocopherol seems to be anti-inflamatory, unlike alpha tocopherol which is only antioxidant. Does the anti inflamatory factor come from imuno suppresion like omega 3 fatty acid or is it safe. Did anybody ever asked him that.
The devil is in the details.

I found this study from Peat article and gamma tocopherol seem to inhibit COX-2 like aspirin?

"Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2000 Oct 10;97(21):11494-9. gamma-tocopherol and its major metabolite, in contrast to alpha-tocopherol, inhibit cyclooxygenase activity in macrophages and epithelial cells. Jiang Q, Elson-Schwab I, Courtemanche C, Ames BN. “Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)-catalyzed synthesis of prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) plays a key role in inflammation and its associated diseases, such as cancer and vascular heart disease. Here we report that gamma-tocopherol (gammaT) reduced PGE(2) synthesis in both lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophages and IL-1beta-treated A549 human epithelial cells with an apparent IC(50) of 7.5 and 4 microM, respectively.” “The inhibitory effects of gammaT and gamma-CEHC stemmed from their inhibition of COX-2 activity, rather than affecting protein expression or substrate availability, and appeared to be independent of antioxidant activity.” “The inhibitory potency of gammaT and gamma-CEHC was diminished by an increase in AA concentration, suggesting that they might compete with AA at the active site of COX-2. We also observed a moderate reduction of nitrite accumulation and suppression of inducible nitric oxide synthase expression by gammaT in lipopolysaccharide-treated macrophages. These findings indicate that gammaT and its major metabolite possess anti-inflammatory activity and that gammaT at physiological concentrations may be important in human disease prevention.”

Dan W

Re: So Ray Peat dislikes tocotrienols,what about gamma tocop

Peat said to me in an e-mail, "I think mixed tocopherols are better than just d-alpha..."

I take that to mean gamma is good too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals