So Many Good Die Young, Kobe Bryant, At 41, RIP Kobe

thomas200

What made Kobe more good than your average man or woman on the street? The fact he could shoot hoops well?
His ambition, his drive, his heart for others, he was very thoughtful & humble, and a LEGENDARY hooper. Always wished the best for everyone including his opponents.

example:
In the gif it shows the guy in white tried to make Kobe look bad (kinda backfired). After the game, Kobe reached out to the player and they became great friends. He then invited him to join the Lakers. His name is Matt Barnes

Attachments

• E9709C21-209B-4342-9D48-0132D475A2B4.gif
    E9709C21-209B-4342-9D48-0132D475A2B4.gif
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 35

Peater

His ambition, his drive, his heart for others, he was very thoughtful & humble, and a LEGENDARY hooper. Always wished the best for everyone including his opponents.

example:
In the gif it shows the guy in white tried to make Kobe look bad (kinda backfired). After the game, Kobe reached out to the player and they became great friends. He then invited him to join the Lakers. His name is Matt Barnes

Maybe it's a Brit thing but I just don't get it. He played basketball. I mean I was gutted when Colin McRae died but I didn't know him so why would I make a big deal out of it? Just seems weak, frankly.

Rand56

It's more "murder by numbers" brought to you by the powers that shouldn't be.....

OP
J

jaminhealth

As many are saying, Kobe, is/was Los Angeles. A real icon.

achillea

Even a seal can learn to bounce a ball and put it through a hoop. Some do it better than others,

Corporate Sports has become a Belief System as has Liberalism. It is hard to see the Truth when there is the dogma of Influential Belief in the equation.

You are a testament to that fact

LUH 3417

Plenty of noble people who do great things for humanity die everyday unrecognized and unnamed.

Ledo

One of the greatest ever. Someone I looked up to and based my game on. What a sad day.
I once had a celebrity whom I looked up to and based my "game" on as well. Later you tend to find out the truth about the hero though and realize you've been had and had for a not good reason.

Ledo

Why go here, go to the bible and read all the rape case stories. And all the damage done to women...geeeezzzzz.
Wow, talk about species logic.

I don't suppose you are just as vocal about the millions of woman looking for an upper hand in a divorce or some other situation who falsely utter the two famous words "I'm afraid" to the authorities and have the husband removed from the house, barred from seeing the children and otherwise railroaded out of life Where getting caught even causes no repercussions for them?

Ledo

I have heard a "credible" source say the copter pilot was in contact with flight control asking for flight navigational guidance because of fog and poor visibility. He was told by them he was flying to low and could not be seen on radar and needed to get higher.

It seems its common for copter pilots to follow the highways for navigation, in this case Highway 5, staying low under 2000 ft as they make their way. I'm betting this guy got sloppy and ran into fog , lost his bearing and didn't realize his plan B in flight control central assistance was not going to be able to help due to nearby mountains he didn't take into account.

Rand56

Back in 2016 there was a cartoon episode depicting Kobe Bryant dying in a helicopter crash. Talk about predictive programming.

OP
J

jaminhealth

Plenty of noble people who do great things for humanity die everyday unrecognized and unnamed.

Yes that is true and Kobe obviously has/had a HUGE impact on the world firstly in the sports world. My grandson played basketball and loved Kobe.

tankasnowgod

The accuser dropped the case on condition of a public statement that admits no guilt. Despite this, the accuser went ahead with the civil suit, which is an obvious money grab. To me, that screams false accusation. If the accuser truly had been raped, why not go ahead with both suits? The criminal suit does not preclude a civil suit, and going forward with the criminal one strengthens the case for your civil suit, even if the defendant is found "not guilty." Simply look at the OJ case for this.

What victim wouldn't want to both put their attacker behind bars and also make them pay financially?

There's no doubt Bryant committed adultery (not totally shocking among famous men.... and famous women, for that matter), but there is also no doubt in my mind he stood falsely accused of that crime. Everything else was an attempt to smear his image and career in a very one sided media landscape, where you aren't given the same opportunity to defend yourself or face your accuser, as you are in a court of law.

OP
J

jaminhealth

Committed adultry, that goes for both males/females and surely not famous. It's everywhere...not saying it's right, but who knows. What is right. Everything in life is an experience and hopefully we LEARN.

Gone Peating

Committed adultry, that goes for both males/females and surely not famous. It's everywhere...not saying it's right, but who knows. What is right. Everything in life is an experience and hopefully we LEARN.

It’s obviously not right lol

yerrag

Clinton does in a helicopter crash. Loved. Respected. A shining beacon of democracy. He kissed babies everywhere he went. - Washington Post
A good man tortured by Congress - CNN
A man for all seasons - New York Times

kyle

The media machine likes celebrity controversy.

It's good for ratings while being of zero consequence.

pepsi

You just wonder if they knew what was happening right before the crash. I hope not, I dont think I would want to know if
there was nothing I could do about it, but then again would you so you could at least go out thinking of your loved one instead of something silly.

Another crash into the side of a mountain from 1977 that killed 257 people. May they all RIP or be having a great time doing whatever comes next.

Air New Zealand Flight 901 - Wikipedia

OP
J

jaminhealth

Vanessa Bryant came out with some words to the millions who loved her husband...talking about the horrid loss of husband and beautiful child. Very sad...and yes I know too too many lose loved ones all the time, too much throughout the world....but life is ups and downs...so we take the rides.