So I Had My Gut Tested

Nstocks

A couple of months ago I sent off my stool for a comprehensive test which has just arrived back, all 70 pages of it!

The tests show the following:

Deficient in Vitamin K, Vitamin B1 (already supplementing), B2, B3, B6, B7 and B9.
Butyrate is on the low side which according to the report is produced from dietary fibre in the gut. It also states I can't break down complex carbohydrates like fibre, but our bacteria can. They transform them into simpler compounds like short-chain fatty acids, especially butyrate, which has anti-inflammatory properties. When more bacteria are able to break down fibre, more butyrate is produced, thus increasing the level of protection from disease.

Below are a few screenshots that provide some raw data on specific issues and disease prevention, which honestly is a little over my head.

In terms of B vitamins, I may upgrade to a complex form of Vitamin B and possibly look at K3/D2.

I've cut out all dairy except for the table spoon per day of lactose free milk in my coffee. All grains are gone except for rice and generally I eat a low FODMAP diet, with the exception to cooked button mushrooms that have a good effect on BM's - far better than carrot ever did.

Some minor skin issues, possible HPV on my penis which won't be confirmed for at least 12 more weeks (thanks to the NHS). Generally lethargic, depressed and although digestion has improved recently, BM's are very infrequent without the use of cascara sagrada.

Probiotics have also been recommended but I'm not convinced they are helpful, after spending many years and stacks of money on different ones. (VSL3 had a minor impact out of all of them)
Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 20.55.03.png
Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 20.55.14.png
Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 20.54.53.png
Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 20.50.02.png
Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 20.50.17.png

Vinny

A couple of months ago I sent off my stool for a comprehensive test which has just arrived back, all 70 pages of it!

The tests show the following:

Deficient in Vitamin K, Vitamin B1 (already supplementing), B2, B3, B6, B7 and B9.
Butyrate is on the low side which according to the report is produced from dietary fibre in the gut. It also states I can't break down complex carbohydrates like fibre, but our bacteria can. They transform them into simpler compounds like short-chain fatty acids, especially butyrate, which has anti-inflammatory properties. When more bacteria are able to break down fibre, more butyrate is produced, thus increasing the level of protection from disease.

Below are a few screenshots that provide some raw data on specific issues and disease prevention, which honestly is a little over my head.

In terms of B vitamins, I may upgrade to a complex form of Vitamin B and possibly look at K3/D2.

I've cut out all dairy except for the table spoon per day of lactose free milk in my coffee. All grains are gone except for rice and generally I eat a low FODMAP diet, with the exception to cooked button mushrooms that have a good effect
Cool!
Do you send them the brown matter by post?
And how much this delightfull test costed you? Thanks

OP
N

Nstocks

Yes it was posted.

Atlasbiomed and cost around £140 from memory.

Can anyone suggest Fit B complex other things I should be looking at based on the above results?

Luk3

How was your experience with Atlas Biomed, please? Thinking of getting this test.

OP
N

Nstocks

How was your experience with Atlas Biomed, please? Thinking of getting this test.

Very good. They send out the test within a few days which you simply put in the box post with your sample. My results took 6 weeks to come back which is their usual timeframes.

It's not too expensive compared to others and the report I found to be very helpful.

Luk3

Very good. They send out the test within a few days which you simply put in the box post with your sample. My results took 6 weeks to come back which is their usual timeframes.

It's not too expensive compared to others and the report I found to be very helpful.
Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals