So. Do You Guys Just Never Eat Out?

GelatinGoblin

I've always known that eating food away from home was not ideal. In the past I would try to pick something that seemed healthy and shrug it off. Now that I've become aware of the dangers of PUFAs, I seriously cannot eat outside without feeling like I'm compromising my health.

That said - sooooo much of social life involves getting food with others. Since beginning grad school I've been eating meals outside the home at least twice a week and I feel like it's taken a toll.

How much does taking Vitamin E mitigate the damage?

It's a bit more easy because of COVID

yerrag

What about French restaurants? French cuisine uses only butter or animal fat, at least they are suppose to. Also Italian should use olive oil which is not that bad, right?
Unless you're the cook, you don't know what oil or fats are being used. Would the restaurant be using sat fats if most people believe what the American Heart Association says - that PUFAs are heart-healthy?

Hirri

Unless you're the cook, you don't know what oil or fats are being used. Would the restaurant be using sat fats if most people believe what the American Heart Association says - that PUFAs are heart-healthy?
Yeah fair enough. But I am in Europe and here I think lots of restaurants worship butter, at least not the cheapest ones. But even some bakeries, especially french, they swear on butter.

yerrag

Yeah fair enough. But I am in Europe and here I think lots of restaurants worship butter, at least not the cheapest ones. But even some bakeries, especially french, they swear on butter.
Perhaps France is different from the US and there is a tradition they want to maintain in the restaurants. You would know better about the state of affairs in French cuisine.

And you'll want to check if the olive oil used isn't soya oil with chlorophyll added which masquerades as extra virgin olive oil. Many tricksters in the old world that you only learn about when you're in the trade aka industry secrets.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals