So Aspirin Stops Breast Cancer But Does It Reverse Gyno?

DaveFoster

If you haven't noticed yet, I don't have gyno at all. I have flat chests like iron. My right nipple is just puffy...
It could help, then. Generally estrogen (and associated influences of serotonin) cause fibrotic tissue in the long-term, but if it's just inflamed, then keeping estrogen low should help you. This would entail chronic methods, such as aspirin, vitamin E, some way to reduce endotoxin, etc.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
It could help, then. Generally estrogen (and associated influences of serotonin) cause fibrotic tissue in the long-term, but if it's just inflamed, then keeping estrogen low should help you. This would entail chronic methods, such as aspirin, vitamin E, some way to reduce endotoxin, etc.

Thank you.

I use Vitamin C (1g), Vitamin D (5,000 IU), Vitamin E (400 IU) currently along with Zinc (30 mg), Magnesium (400 mg), Cod Liver Oil (2,200mg), Taurine (1g).

I will consider Aspirin. Is it fine when I use Aspirin every 3rd day for a year and then drop it when my puffy nipple resolved?

My cause for my puffy nipple was oral usage of castor oil for a few weeks.

DaveFoster

Thank you.

I use Vitamin C (1g), Vitamin D (5,000 IU), Vitamin E (400 IU) currently along with Zinc (30 mg), Magnesium (400 mg), Cod Liver Oil (2,200mg), Taurine (1g).

I will consider Aspirin. Is it fine when I use Aspirin every 3rd day for a year and then drop it when my puffy nipple resolved?

My cause for my puffy nipple was oral usage of castor oil for a few weeks.
I think it's worth trying. Take about 5 mg K2/day.

lvysaur

4. Chronic aspirin administration is needed to condition the intestine to withstand the prostaglandin inhibition.

5. Cycling aspirin is a good way to destroy your intestines.

Do you have a source for that, or did you experience it yourself?

I cycle aspirin (start with 81 mg a day, work up the dosage over the next few days, and then drop it for a few days), so if this is true, it's cause for concern.

DaveFoster

lvysaur

This abstract doesn't support what you said. All it says is that taking aspirin once every three days "might" be better than taking it every day. This is actually the opposite of what you said, but they don't really provide any good evidence for it.

Did you experience bad symptoms with "cycling" aspirin? And where does your rationale that "chronic" administration is better come from?

DaveFoster

This abstract doesn't support what you said. All it says is that taking aspirin once every three days "might" be better than taking it every day. This is actually the opposite of what you said, but they don't really provide any good evidence for it.

Did you experience bad symptoms with "cycling" aspirin? And where does your rationale that "chronic" administration is better come from?
It takes 5 days for the mucosa to adapt to aspirin in rats. Gastric adaptation to injury by repeated doses of aspirin strengthens mucosal defence against subsequent exposure to various strong irritants in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

The study I posted states that "aspirin toxicity" can be avoided by using a baby aspirin in place of a regular aspirin, as the former inhibits serum thromboxane almost as much as the latter dosage, despite being significantly smaller.

Anti-platelet therapy: cyclo-oxygenase inhibition and the use of aspirin with particular regard to dual anti-platelet therapy

"The effects of aspirin at any given time are therefore influenced by the plasma exposure and rate of platelet renewal; human platelets have a mean lifetime of 8 to 10 days and approximately 10 to 12% of platelets are replaced each day."

So if you take aspirin every couple weeks without dose titration it will damage your gastric mucosa, and you won't oppose thrombotic events as effectively.

It depends why you're taking the aspirin.

I never "cycle" anything. I either take it every day, or I don't.

ilikecats

Do you take aspirin everyday? I just started taking it once a week... now I'm worried a bit.

schultz

The way I see it, sort of like what DF is talking about, is that an initial dose of aspirin may cause some irritation and stomach problems. Starting with a low dose and titrating up will help prevent this. Haidut posted something once saying that taking aspirin will actually strengthen the GI and make it more resilient, not only to aspirin, but to some other irritating substances as well. This is the opposite of a lot of people preach. So taking aspirin protects against aspirin...

Aspirin Conditioning Protects The Stomach From All Irritants

... and another post by Haidut

Aspirin does NOT cause damage to stomach or intestines

Also baking soda can prevent potential damage from aspirin
Effect of sodium bicarbonate on aspirin-induced damage and potential difference changes in human gastric mucosa. - PubMed - NCBI

as can glycine
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14964343
Glycine Virtually Eliminates Adverse GI Effects Of Aspirin

Personally, I think continuous use of aspirin is very healthy, as long as you are getting enough vitamin K. I have been taking aspirin for about 3-4 years now and plan on taking it for life. If you want to live longer and have lower estrogen and lower cancer rates then taking aspirin is a good idea. If you don't want those things then aspirin is not so good..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

raypeatclips

I am not sure what I am supposed to learn from that, Charlie? In my post, which is almost a year old, I suggested that endotoxin was a cause of increased estrogen, and that I hadn't seen many people on "ways to lower estrogen" threads suggest endotoxin as a cause. The search you sent me just refers to endotoxin, and not estrogen. I wasn't suggesting there was a lack of discussion on endotoxin, the point I was making was specifically the link with estrogen.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am not sure what I am supposed to learn from that, Charlie? In my post, which is almost a year old, I suggested that endotoxin was a cause of increased estrogen, and that I hadn't seen many people on "ways to lower estrogen" threads suggest endotoxin as a cause. The search you sent me just refers to endotoxin, and not estrogen. I wasn't suggesting there was a lack of discussion on endotoxin, the point I was making was specifically the link with estrogen.
Endotoxin overloads liver, and then liver cannot remove estrogen. Peat has said the main burden of the liver is to remove estrogen. So it's common sense that anything that further burdens the liver will cause estrogen to rise.

raypeatclips

Endotoxin overloads liver, and then liver cannot remove estrogen. Peat has said the main burden of the liver is to remove estrogen. So it's common sense that anything that further burdens the liver will cause estrogen to rise.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make against my post that I made a year ago? I am not disputing endotoxin raises estrogen, or the mechanisms behind it. If it was common sense I feel "endotoxin" would appear more in the estrogen based threads. When I search for endotoxin and estrogen in the same search very few posts appear.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am not sure what point you are trying to make against my post that I made a year ago? I am not disputing endotoxin raises estrogen, or the mechanisms behind it. If it was common sense I feel "endotoxin" would appear more in the estrogen based threads. When I search for endotoxin and estrogen in the same search very few posts appear.
I was obviously solidifying your statement. :ss2