So... 2021 almost over- Gargling to prevent bad covid outcome or BS?

Motif

And what would be best to gargle for it and how often daily?

Somebody in a German forum claimed licorice root throat spray would help to keep the virus load low if used a few times daily

Last edited:

Sefton10

I notice Jennifer Gunter was quoted in the article. She recently claimed good health was "medically bereft" ?‍♂️

1633509255336.png

Perry Staltic

Bolded are links

Mouthwashes and nasal sprays target the initial infection and viral replication.
  • Several small studies found that mouthwashes (gargling) based on povidone-iodine and nasal sprays based on povidone-iodine or nitric oxide may prevent a coronavirus infection or reduce its duration or symptoms (more about this).
  • The German Society for Hospital Hygiene (DGKH) recommends anti-viral mouthwashes and nasal sprays for prophylaxis and early treatment.
  • Some observers argued that traditional nasal rinsing and gargling practices in South East Asia may have helped successfully limiting coronavirus infections in these countries.
  • Israel started mass production of nasal sprays based on nitric oxide in early 2021.

Ben.

"But there have been no human studies on the use of Betadine to treat COVID-19, just hypotheses and lab studies, says Dr. Michael Mrozinski, a family physician based in Australia.

Betadine does make a diluted product, sold as a gargle to treat sore throat symptoms. But the manufacturers specifically state that it is not intended for ingestion, and that “Betadine Antiseptic products” — including the gargle — “have not been demonstrated to be effective for the treatment or prevention of Covid-19 or any other viruses.” “If they are doing betadine gargles, it’s useless,” says Mrozinski."

How can they claim it is useless for covid or any other viruses if there have been no human studies? Contradiction at its finest. Povide iodide is actually a commercially available mouthwash and gargle for "cleaning" the mouth and is also used in dentist offices ... wether it is "usefull" for this "novel virus" does not make it a bad thing in general and it having a potential positive effect is not far fetched either. Using Ivermectin as a argument as to why people are stupid is stupid in itself since it is actually a medication with a variety of functions, covid helpfull or not.

I dont see resources saying it can't help ... only ridicule and pretentious attitude. Obviously these people lack certain knowledge to be able to view beyond their limited official narrative.

Also, i dont know how you guys "gargle" but i spit it out afterwards ... who is eating/drinking it and ruining his kidney/stomache?

OP
M

Motif

But what would be best for this? I honestly don’t want to gargle iodine daily , maybe few times a day

Ben.

But what would be best for this? I honestly don’t want to gargle iodine daily , maybe few times a day

This means you are scared of covid and NEED to gargle something...

Let me tell you: Dont get overly scared. Dont let them induce so much fear.
You know that bombarding your body with antimicrobials/antivirals can backfire and disrupt a working system?

Haidut for example posted a thread of the effectiveness of saline solutions. Might wanna check that out.

Last edited:
Oh, you mean an actual EMERGENCY ROOM physician from NEW YORK, said no less than "**** no!" to the idea of this working? Damn, that's a SERIOUS reply, how could anyone doubt this man?

reaching

In Japan, it is a common practice to wash hands and gargle upon returning home during cold and flu seasons. Obviously it’s increased in prevalence before but I believe there’s research showing those that practice it develop fewer respiratory illnesses at a less rate.

OP
M

Motif

Question is what would be preventive and not harmful when used often.

OP
M

Motif

And what could be safely used to rinse the nose for eliminating virus ?

Perry Staltic

I would recommend getting a jet nebulizer (not a handheld). Then you can administer different things to the respiratory tract as well as to the sinuses. That's what I use. Just don't overdo it.

tankasnowgod

How can they claim it is useless for covid or any other viruses if there have been no human studies?
Because Covid isn't a virus, it's a positive result on a PCR test, or an eyeball diagnosis by a doctor.

I tend to agree, gargling with anything, be it water, iodine, Listerine, or a Triple IPA probably won't affect the results of these tests. Unless one of the substances triggers a false positive. Though gargling with an iodine solution could help in fighting a common cold, which is what the vast majority of "symptomatic covid" is.

tankasnowgod

And what could be safely used to rinse the nose for eliminating virus ?
Vitamin C. More specifically, Sodium Ascorbate.

Ben.

Because Covid isn't a virus, it's a positive result on a PCR test, or an eyeball diagnosis by a doctor.

I tend to agree, gargling with anything, be it water, iodine, Listerine, or a Triple IPA probably won't affect the results of these tests. Unless one of the substances triggers a false positive. Though gargling with an iodine solution could help in fighting a common cold, which is what the vast majority of "symptomatic covid" is.

I am aware of how flawed the testing procedure is^^

I question it that way because even if we were to take their "established premise" ... it doesnt work/make sense either. They are contradicting themself.

OP
M

Motif

Vitamin C. More specifically, Sodium Ascorbate.

I have doctor best quali c here. Could this be used ? How much of it? Doesn’t it burn in the nose ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom