Snowville Creamery Chocolate Milk

asajulian

Check out this beast: http://www.snowvillecreamery.com/chocol ... facts.html

1248131.png

Ingredients: Low Fat Milk, Cane Sugar, Cocoa Powder (processed with Alkali), Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3

I dunno what they feed their cows, but 14g of protein per cup is insane. Low fat, no carrageenan, tons of magnesium, copper, and calcium.

I have it at local stores here in Louisville. It's $5 for a half a gallon though. :(

Just adding up the numbers, drinking one of these a day would yield: 224g carbs from sugar, 112g protein, 160% copper, 120% magnesium, 400% calcium (4000mg), plus more.

J

j.

I wish I was in Kentucky!

“When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else.”

-Mark Twain

J

j.

asajulian said:
I dunno what they feed their cows, but 14g of protein per cup is insane.

1 cup of skim milk is supposed to have about 9 grams of protein. I wonder if the increase comes from chocolate powder.

J

j.

This doesn't sound to me like a good idea, but I wonder what adding a little coffee to it will taste like.

OP
A

asajulian

j. said:
asajulian said:
I dunno what they feed their cows, but 14g of protein per cup is insane.

1 cup of skim milk is supposed to have about 9 grams of protein. I wonder if the increase comes from chocolate powder.

I thought the same thing, there is 5 grams of protein in an ounce of cocoa powder, which is about 2 tablespoons.

nwo2012

I just dont like the idea of the added vitamins because I would guess they are of inferior quality. Dont mean to put a dampener on things but it's the things that are not listed on labels, such as contaminants, that you need to think about.

OP
A

asajulian

With the other things this milk supplies I'll take the added vitamins any day. You can't avoid them in low fat milk.

nwo2012

asajulian said:
With the other things this milk supplies I'll take the added vitamins any day. You can't avoid them in low fat milk.

You can over here. Also you can if you skim the milk yourself.
But fair enough, if it means drinking it over not then of course drink it.

J

j.

cliff said:
making your own chocolate syrup is cheaper and easy

I do that everyday, but it might be convenient some times to have it all ready.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
cliff said:
making your own chocolate syrup is cheaper and easy

Recipe?

chris said:
Made some today. 2 parts sugar, 1 part cocoa. Damn good.

What kind of cocoa? Powdered? Brand?

cliff

mix 1 cup cocoa, 2 cup sugar, 1 cup water. Cook on medium heat in a saucepan stirring frequently for about 4-6 mins

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
cliff said:
mix 1 cup cocoa, 2 cup sugar, 1 cup water. Cook on medium heat in a saucepan stirring frequently for about 4-6 mins

Right on cliff, thank you! :rockout

IIRC, you use Now brand cocoa?

Rachel said:
Mmmmmm, homemade chocolate sauce...

Remember, most good recipes contain vanilla and salt, as well. Yea, salt!

Here's a decent one: http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-choc ... up-recipe/

Ghirardelli cocoa is excellent. Health-wise, organic cocoa is probably a better choice.

Thank you Rachel! Will look into that Ghiraradelli cocoa. :claporange