Smoking And Tobacco Use

Momado965

You'd probably want to use something like targard. or just avoid the whole process and vaporize. or snus. or just don't inhale.

Im sure they're all good. So long as you aren't inhaling any fibers. Still. There are better options like I said above.

id also look into acid wash tobacco if you're cautious about lead25 and all that.
---------------------------

Hestia always tastes better than any of my friends commercial brands, but maybe I'm biased. The black American spirits are a far second.

One friend in particular noticed that in the lower range 1-5, they opened up the lungs unlike the ones he usually smokes. I noticed a similar phenomenon but it goes away after an hour or so. One time after a party it made me want to go do some sprints. No immediate impairment, but 1/2 way through the carton I noticed some endurance loss and quit.

Did you mean you quit smoking all together or quit smoking the Hestia cigarettes?

Fractality

The glucose ring is actually pyrolyzed into benzene, believe it or not, and toluene (to add insult to injury). However, there is glucose already in the tobacco leaf so additional glucose seems less an 'additive' than something completely foreign. However, I think its primarily the nitric oxide that we should be most concerned about and this can be partially offset by taking γ-tocopherol.

Right now I am out of papers but have giant tobacco leaves that I'm using to roll these little bidi-like cigars that actually turn out quite nice. I am about to put-in a new order and won't be ordering anything besides whole-leaf Turkish Samsun for the near future. The Turkish Izmir tobacco leaves are small to the point of being tedious; they are difficult to manipulate and not very good besides. Virginian tobacco leaves are a bit too-strong and also greenish, being on the plant not two years before they're sold.

Would avoiding inhalation mitigate the nitric oxide effects? I still notice the nicotine effects when puffing/not inhaling. It must still get absorbed despite holding it in the mouth no longer than 1 second.

bagotage

Basically the best awnser in regards to best type of tobacco is air/sun cured organic, additive free, and a filter not made of fiberous material, or no filter at all.
Do you happen to know any sources? I've been tracking this down, to no avail. There's organic Burley, but I think middle eastern leaf would be better as they tend to air/sun cure there. But none of the Turkish, etc., options are organic.

X3CyO

Did you mean you quit smoking all together or quit smoking the Hestia cigarettes?
Quit smoking altogether.

Transiently after a few months, I'd tried dipping them in clove oil as well, and smoked maybe once every other weekend. That was fine, but there are some negatives associated with eugenol that kind of left me skeptical, so I stopped that too. (Best cigarette I've ever had). Tried it with small amounts of methyl-salicylate. Read some stuff about its reaction to phenol with heat, etc. stopped that.

Do you happen to know any sources? I've been tracking this down, to no avail. There's organic Burley, but I think middle eastern leaf would be better as they tend to air/sun cure there. But none of the Turkish, etc., options are organic.
I'm no connoisseur, but If I were to pick things up again, and weren't paranoid about lung tissue damage, cancer, and all that, I'd buy another carton of hestias and rip off the filter again.

They give you a discount if you say the day you decide to purchase is your birthday I'm pretty sure.

bagotage

I'm no connoisseur, but If I were to pick things up again, and weren't paranoid about lung tissue damage, cancer, and all that, I'd buy another carton of hestias and rip off the filter again.
I was turned off by the lack of organic certification—sounds like they were working on it, and it didn't pan out for some reason.

Plus, yeah, I am paranoid about lungs, since I live in a major urban area—my daily load of PM2.5, etc., is already likely quite high. So I ended up picking up a solid-matter vape (Milaana 3) and ordering a sample of organic burley from Leaf Only.

bagotage

id also look into acid wash tobacco if you're cautious about lead25 and all that.
Is this available anywhere? I can't find anything. Is it possible to wash it at home? Perhaps even a mild acid like ACV would have some benefit?

bagotage

Does organic (North American) tobacco still have the problem with trace radioactive decay from the constituents of the fertilizer? I actually don't know how organic certification affects choice of fertilizer.

TheLA5

I used tobacco for a while. I definitely felt a temporary surge of confidence possibly through dht or reduced estrogen. But for some time I have started to notice that I feel very cold after snorting snuff. At first I did not suspect snuff and thought that I had worse and worse symptoms of hypothyroidism. I looked online and found "Tobacco constricts blood vessels, causing the feeling of cold extremities. Because of this effect, smokers often say that their hands and feet are always cold." Does anyone know how tobacco affects hypothyroidism by the way?

Peatress

A lot of people gain weight when they stop smoking tobacco because of the down regulation of the thyroid

TheLA5

A lot of people gain weight when they stop smoking tobacco because of the down regulation of the thyroid

Thanks for this. I also add for people considering taking snuff that snorting snuff has started to cause lower back pain for me

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals