Smarter Since Peat

sprinter

Does anyone notice that they are MUCH smarter since they started Peating. I feel like my reasoning skills have gone up tremendously and I am overall much smarter. How about you?

Constatine

Yes very much so. Everything is always clear, mental tasks don't tax my energy as much, and programming has become much easier.

blackkzeus

Does anyone notice that they are MUCH smarter since they started Peating. I feel like my reasoning skills have gone up tremendously and I am overall much smarter. How about you?

What have you been doing by peating that you feel smarter?

DrJ

For certain. It was like my brain started working clearly, everything seemed straightforward and simple, and I could keep many more things "in my mind" at a time while working on problems. I made connections between related things more quickly. One of the most unnerving things, though, is that I often feel like I'm watching people think in slow motion. Almost as if, in a conversation, I can have 5-10 complete thoughts in the time it takes them to complete one. It's like, while they're talking, I keep mentally switching over and thinking about other things, yet not missing anything they're saying because it seems to go so slow. It's weird.

DaveFoster

Lowering estrogen and raising CO2 seems to be the simplest way to lower both cortisol and serotonin. Vitamin A, thiamine, CO2 breathing training, progesterone, caffeine, and aspirin all contribute to a very focused, understanding perspective.

The distribution of oral contraceptives could be contributing to a systematic sexual imbalance in society by poisoning the female mind with greater tendencies toward aggression, isolation, and anxiety. Phytoestrogens weaken the male's sexual resolve, and the corruption of the female could contribute to the loss of male identity, as well as the aforementioned female identity in our Western culture.

blackkzeus

Lowering estrogen and raising CO2 seems to be the simplest way to lower both cortisol and serotonin. Vitamin A, thiamine, CO2 breathing training, progesterone, caffeine, and aspirin all contribute to a very focused, understanding perspective.

The distribution of oral contraceptives could be contributing to a systematic sexual imbalance in society by poisoning the female mind with greater tendencies toward aggression, isolation, and anxiety. Phytoestrogens weaken the male's sexual resolve, and the corruption of the female could contribute to the loss of male identity, as well as the aforementioned female identity in our Western culture.

Could you substitute pregenenlone for progesterone?

DaveFoster

Could you substitute pregenenlone for progesterone?
Some pregnenolone converts into progesterone, so that would be probably be more appropriate for males.

chispas

I have definitely experienced something like "feeling smarter". For me, the catalyst was niacinamide combined with fructose (in the form of OJ). I hate taking supplements, but when I can be bothered to take it consistently, my subjective sense of intelligence is that I can intuit things very subtly, with logical reasoning coming to mind with a "cyclical", deepening focus. About 1.5g - 2.5g was a good daily B3 dose (for me) for the effect.

"Feeling smarter" has become such a dominant observation that I have felt a strange "irresistability" to think about things I wouldn't usually - I go out of my way to think new things these days. Just these last holidays, I taught myself some physics, which is historically a very hard subject for me. (To give you a bit of background, I achieved a D in high school physics after my teacher ridiculed my lack of ability). These days, I find it really enjoyable to "feel" my brain grasping concepts coherently. The physics is especially addictive. However, when the niacinamide effect starts to fade, everything skulks away. Eventually, I don't "hear" my internal intuition as dominantly, and things become slower, and logic becomes a bit fragile, convoluted and distant.

One thing I'm experimenting with at the moment is memory and B1. It's hit or miss in its effects, as if it's calling up different "memory territories". In the last KMUD interview with Peat, he tells an interesting anecdote about B2 helping a writer to be able to select the right word with a high level of immediacy. For me, this is what I would like to improve, as I go through seasons of losing my vocabulary, and then a couple of weeks later it suddenly returns intimately within my reach as if the thought never left me. I think stress can affect it. I have a sense that B1 is necessary, but not wholly sufficient for perfect recall. I think there may well be a B1-B2 synergy.

Have you noticed if your thought process changes when you are in a plane at high altitude? I feel as though I need to prepare myself for topics to think about on the ground, and take a notebook to write on, because once I am up in the sky my brain is different. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I feel as though I can see a resolution in things, the dust of life washes away for a moment. Is it the altitude, or the cabin compression? Anyone else experience this? It is surreal.

Dante

Yes very much so. Everything is always clear, mental tasks don't tax my energy as much, and programming has become much easier.
Diet or the exogenous hormones + dopamine agonists ?

Last edited:

raypeatclips

I have a sense that B1 is necessary, but not wholly sufficient for perfect recall. I think there may well be a B1-B2 synergy.

I have seen the B1 and intelligence thing mentioned a lot of times, and by Ray. In the most recent interview I clipped, I noticed he said that "B1 can't do it all by itself" which was a surprise to me, as I had never heard this addition mentioned before. He says thyroid alongside B1 in necessary. Possibly the reason why someone that takes B1 doesn't notice any effects. Here is the clip, and the last 15 seconds is where he talks about it.

chispas

I have seen the B1 and intelligence thing mentioned a lot of times, and by Ray. In the most recent interview I clipped, I noticed he said that "B1 can't do it all by itself" which was a surprise to me, as I had never heard this addition mentioned before. He says thyroid alongside B1 in necessary. Possibly the reason why someone that takes B1 doesn't notice any effects. Here is the clip, and the last 15 seconds is where he talks about it.

Sorry, I realised it was the interview Danny did with Peat about supplements, not KMUD.

Thanks for the link!

AJC

I'll chip in to say that the best description I can say for my own "mental" experience-change while Peating is "powerful", as if my mind wasn't running at full processing-speed before. Every mental faculty has improved and I feel my mental-reserves (needed when s... hits the fan and I need to learn or study a lot in a hurry) are much deeper than before.

Can't remember exactly were I heard this--could have been related to Jung's work--but a social scientist mentioned that he observed that when the "character" of the strong, healthy masculine disappeared from a culture, that the women would step in to fill the missing role--(although begrudgingly at first.) He observed this in early 20th Century Germany I believe, and I think it was the original consequence of the Industrial Revolution with fathers being separated from their children for most of the child's early life, for one of the first time in human history (obviously this has played out to an even further and more dramatic degree since then). Possibly many dominoes fall from this.

blackkzeus

I'll chip in to say that the best description I can say for my own "mental" experience-change while Peating is "powerful", as if my mind wasn't running at full processing-speed before. Every mental faculty has improved and I feel my mental-reserves (needed when s... hits the fan and I need to learn or study a lot in a hurry) are much deeper than before.

Can't remember exactly were I heard this--could have been related to Jung's work--but a social scientist mentioned that he observed that when the "character" of the strong, healthy masculine disappeared from a culture, that the women would step in to fill the missing role--(although begrudgingly at first.) He observed this in early 20th Century Germany I believe, and I think it was the original consequence of the Industrial Revolution with fathers being separated from their children for most of the child's early life, for one of the first time in human history (obviously this has played out to an even further and more dramatic degree since then). Possibly many dominoes fall from this.

In what way have you been peating that's lead to your perceived increase in intelligence?

DaveFoster

Absolutely; the destruction of the family plays a primary role. I really do like Jung's work; I think he's the greatest pillar of psychology.

Travis

The physics is especially addictive.

Calculus is addictive. This website here has thousands of practice problems, and I have done nearly all of them.

Calculus is the only sort of math I enjoy. The del operator and vector fields come in at the end of the Calculus III section. These are important concepts in physics.

Vectors themselves are introduced in the Calculus II section and there are a few problems on Work and Energy.

You can only so far in Physics before you start running into Calculus.

AJC

Absolutely; the destruction of the family plays a primary role. I really do like Jung's work; I think he's the greatest pillar of psychology.

I would say if Jung is one pillar, then Reich (authentic work) is the other.

AJC

In what way have you been peating that's lead to your perceived increase in intelligence?

Very simply: increased carbs, increased protein (mostly from dairy), cut out PUFA. Sometimes take Estroban, take some caffeine most days (either coffee, green tea, or yerba mate), went Very Low Fat for a couple months, and increased calories.

Gl;itch.e

I definitely feel like my "personality" has expanded since learning and applying more things from Ray. I don't know about intelligence (knowledge certainly) but definitely my personality is growing in more positive ways.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals