Small calorie reduction: What's working to raise my temperatures now

My temps are now around 98 when I wake and up to 99 or so during the day.

But I am taking very little T4 and T3. Maybe 50mcg of T4 and 12mcg of T3.

The differences?

1. The season is warm where I am and that helps a lot

2. But what really started this is reducing calories a bit. I was consuming around 3300 and now I'm around 2500. Very little muscle meat. Maybe 3 ounces a day, the rest milk, orange juice, fresh oranges, fresh mangoes, a little cheese, some caramels.

I wasn't eating a ton of muscle meat before, but I'm eating a bit less food in general and that has made my temperatures really rise nicely.

Nemo

The differences?

2. But what really started this is reducing calories a bit. I was consuming around 3300 and now I'm around 2500. Very little muscle meat. Maybe 3 ounces a day, the rest milk, orange juice, fresh oranges, fresh mangoes, a little cheese, some caramels.

I wasn't eating a ton of muscle meat before, but I'm eating a bit less food in general and that has made my temperatures really rise nicely.

I assume your heart rate is good, hamster?

That's an impressive drop in thyroid supplement, if I remember your former dose correctly, even taking the season into account. If that's due to reduced muscle meat, I really want to try that.

Steve

I stopped taking my large does of thyroid meds and my temps went up. I've also been eating less coincidentally.
I'm pretty sure my thyroid labs will not look good when I go get them, but for now I'm pretending they're not that bad since my temp & pulse are better.
One thing I noticed is that I'll get the occasional cold fingers since stopping my meds; that's why I'm thinking the labs won't be too awesome. I've been on thyroid for years due to Grave's Disease...went from hyper for a short time to hypo for the past few years.

Vileplume

I stopped taking my large does of thyroid meds and my temps went up. I've also been eating less coincidentally.
I'm pretty sure my thyroid labs will not look good when I go get them, but for now I'm pretending they're not that bad since my temp & pulse are better.
One thing I noticed is that I'll get the occasional cold fingers since stopping my meds; that's why I'm thinking the labs won't be too awesome. I've been on thyroid for years due to Grave's Disease...went from hyper for a short time to hypo for the past few years.
Do you think the short period of hyper caused the hypo that came after?

Steve

Do you think the short period of hyper caused the hypo that came after?
Well if it's actually Grave's Disease (I do have the antibodies.) then what happens is the body creates "stimulating" antibodies causing the hyper; then in many cases the body overcompensates and creates "blocking" antibodies causing a person to go from hyper to hypo. My other theory is that I damaged my thyroid thru excessive stress and the damaged cells leaked thyroid causing the hyper period.

Makrosky

The differences?

How many grams of protein per day is that?

equipoise

Nice one. Summer definitely allows for all fruit, no starch diet. Being outside and evaporating all the heat is very good aswell for keeping the temps, since I only urinate about three times a day. Sunshine is the best, definitely.