Slow Wound Healing After Mastectomy,help For My Sister?

Hello,my sister had a mastectomy on January 5 this year and still has seeping and leaking from scar ,drain site.Last night hospitalised general anisthectic and resutered ,sent home with antibiotics.I have searched mastectomy forums and this seems to not unusual with some poor women taking months to heal and some left with holes and worse all advise gratefully appreciated

M

marikay

I'd start with vitamin K (orally) to get the leaking stopped. If she has been taking a lot of aspirin for pain (and who could blame her?) she is likely to need a lot of vitamin K. I wish I could tell you that vitamin K is cheap. It's not, but it's worth giving up something else if you have to to get some. Long term the cheap Swanson variety isn't good for you, but in the short run it might be OK just to get the leaking and seeping to stop.

Vitamin E (both orally and topically) will get the scar to fade and calm down. Someone here once mentioned using Vodka and then olive oil and then vitamin E topically on the skin to get age pigment to go away. When I tried that I noticed a small scar from thirty years ago disappear.

Getting the leaking to stop is the first thing though, so I'd wait till that stops and the sutures removed before using the vitamin E.

The antibiotics may be a good thing for overall healing.

Wishing your sister a speedy and full recovery, and great health from here on.

tara

I'm sorry you sister is shaving to deal with this.
I have no relevant experience, but I couple of speculations.
Is it seeping blood, or other fluids? Is it a problem with infection?

If it's bleeding, I reckoon vit-K as marikay says might be helpful.

If it's infection, there are probably various things. Straight sucrose packed into wounds has had some successful trials for helping against infections - both for post surgery wounds (eg after heart surgery) and for diabetic leg ulcers etc.

Is she eating nourishing food? The body requires resources to heal. Is she able to get some daily sunshine?

If the mastectomy was for cancer, what other anti-cancer tactics is she using?

jyb

Vitamin E (both orally and topically) will get the scar to fade and calm down. Someone here once mentioned using Vodka and then olive oil and then vitamin E topically on the skin to get age pigment to go away. When I tried that I noticed a small scar from thirty years ago disappear..

That's quite impressive.

M

marikay

That's quite impressive.

I am continually surprised at how amazing the whole Peat thing has been for my skin. It was the first thing to get better and it just keeps getting better. I easily look fifteen years younger than I am, and that's with no make up or expensive creams. Dermatologists should be very very worried:)

OP
E
Thanks you Tara and Marikay for your responses.My sister always goes by doctors advice,this is her second time with cancer.6years ago stomach cancer this time breast,first time just surgery ,no chemo or radiation,but very slow recovery due to bad plumbing during surgery.she vomited daily for 5 years and wasted away to 6 stone ,last year had stomach repair surgery which was a complete and life changing success ,no more vomiting and back to normal in very short time ,she's super strong now but could have died of malnutrition without repair surgery.Scar healed very well and in short time.Just so unfair for this to happen now. Fluid not blood is leaking,antibiotics are just precautionary no infection at present.she has told me it's not painful but tends to underplay things .She has a healthy (but not peat based diet) i.e mashed potato very Well cooked veg ,beef, lamb ,chicken,hearty stews ,eggs porridge,rarely eats junk food..What things could she add to her diet,food or supplement wise ,thanks for your help

tara

Possible additions to diet, if they agree with her::
Some ripe fruit and/or juice
Gelatin or hydrolysed collagen or glycine to balance the more inflammatory amino acids in the muscle meats
Milk and/or cheese
Coconut oil
Coffee

Avoid PUFA as strictly as possible.

Possible supplements:
Aspirin - anti-cancer
Vit-K - anti-calcification, good to take if taking aspirin
Activated charcoal (away from meals) a couple of times a week after the antibiotics have stopped, to help reduce endotoxin load
Progesterone?

You could look up posts by former poster Peatarian.
There are a couple of threads with thoughts about resisting cancer.

Does she have results from any recent thyroid blood tests?

Others might have more ideas.

I hope things go well for your sister.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom