Slow bowels HELP

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I have had any endoscopes and colonoscopies. The endoscopy has showed esophagitis, hiatal hernia, etc. Heartburn isn't as big as my other issues though.

iLoveSugar said:
I have had any endoscopes and colonoscopies. The endoscopy has showed esophagitis, hiatal hernia, etc. Heartburn isn't as big as my other issues though.

Heartburn has to do with messed up peristalsis, it isn't a detached problem. We must try to get our thyroid up.

c093

c093 said:
Such_Saturation said:
Have you never gotten an endoscopy? Peating doesn't make my gastritis worse but it surely keeps it hanging around. You might benefit from a cycle of proton pump inhibitors (works but makes everything else worse) or even HCl treatment.

Hello Such_Saturation! Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!. I have not had an endoscopy recently. I did not think it is an issue of acid but it is funny you mention the PPI as that is what the ER doctors recommended me when I was there. I didn't end up taking any though.

I have tried some excipient-free ant-acids and a long time ago I tried HCl. I guess that covers both ends of the spectrum. For now, I am not sure about the HCL as I really would like to avoid the episode of extreme pain I had that woke me up that one morning, though everything seems to be effecting me negatively at this point though.

I should clarify though, the pain is location below my lowest rib and left side (and lower) mostly. I guess this is consistent with IBS spasms and intestine swelling, but maybe it is something else. I had a (very expensive) CT scan that saw nothing remarkable and my blood tests had no elevated inflammatory markers. So it is still a mystery wtf is going on.
For a while I thought maybe I had an ulcer. Not thinking that any longer. The blood/mucus passing (with or without stool) is still troublesome...the pain is up and and down, but for now it is there daily but muted.
I guess I am just really hoping the cyproheptadine will make the difference and not worsen the constipation...if not, I really don't know what else to do.

c093 said:
c093 said:
Such_Saturation said:
Have you never gotten an endoscopy? Peating doesn't make my gastritis worse but it surely keeps it hanging around. You might benefit from a cycle of proton pump inhibitors (works but makes everything else worse) or even HCl treatment.

Hello Such_Saturation! Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!. I have not had an endoscopy recently. I did not think it is an issue of acid but it is funny you mention the PPI as that is what the ER doctors recommended me when I was there. I didn't end up taking any though.

I have tried some excipient-free ant-acids and a long time ago I tried HCl. I guess that covers both ends of the spectrum. For now, I am not sure about the HCL as I really would like to avoid the episode of extreme pain I had that woke me up that one morning, though everything seems to be effecting me negatively at this point though.

I should clarify though, the pain is location below my lowest rib and left side (and lower) mostly. I guess this is consistent with IBS spasms and intestine swelling, but maybe it is something else. I had a (very expensive) CT scan that saw nothing remarkable and my blood tests had no elevated inflammatory markers. So it is still a mystery wtf is going on.
For a while I thought maybe I had an ulcer. Not thinking that any longer. The blood/mucus passing (with or without stool) is still troublesome...the pain is up and and down, but for now it is there daily but muted.
I guess I am just really hoping the cyproheptadine will make the difference and not worsen the constipation...if not, I really don't know what else to do.

I had that on the right side, it goes all the way down. C reactive protein never got out of range, I wouldn't trust it too much.

Green

c093 said:
Cascara Sagrada did not work for me until over 72 hours later when I experienced the intense pain ever so I am not really going to try it again.

I decided to try cascara Sagrada and I have the SAME experience!! I took it once daily for two consecutive days. The 2nd day of taking it I was having pain at the same time I would get the urge to use the bathroom and it was just gas. The next morning I woke up and when I stood up I had the urge and pain again. This time the pain was 10x worse and lasted much longer. I was in the bathroom defecating and the pain (in my lower abdominal/ pelvic region) was so bad I started sweating profusely and was nauseous. I was scared. Laid on the bathroom floor for a few seconds on my back (because I didn't have the pain while laying on my back in bed) and the pain lessened to a bearable pain.

I would like to know why that might happen. Maybe it's because the intestine is swollen and/or inflamed.

Coffee has some times had the same effect but to a much lesser extent, which makes me curious.

Green said:
c093 said:
Cascara Sagrada did not work for me until over 72 hours later when I experienced the intense pain ever so I am not really going to try it again.

I decided to try cascara Sagrada and I have the SAME experience!! I took it once daily for two consecutive days. The 2nd day of taking it I was having pain at the same time I would get the urge to use the bathroom and it was just gas. The next morning I woke up and when I stood up I had the urge and pain again. This time the pain was 10x worse and lasted much longer. I was in the bathroom defecating and the pain (in my lower abdominal/ pelvic region) was so bad I started sweating profusely and was nauseous. I was scared. Laid on the bathroom floor for a few seconds on my back (because I didn't have the pain while laying on my back in bed) and the pain lessened to a bearable pain.

I would like to know why that might happen. Maybe it's because the intestine is swollen and/or inflamed.

Coffee has some times had the same effect but to a much lesser extent, which makes me curious.

That sounds very similar to the "IBS" I used to get.

Green

iLoveSugar said:
Peateat said:
I suggest dancing. And an aloe juice like this one http://www.lifestream.co.nz/products/al ... vera-juice

Is Aloe "Peaty"?

He mentions it in his Cascara article.

This came from peatarian.com:

I mailed Peat about Aloe once, he said ;

"A milliliter of real aloe juice is a strong laxative, and unless it's dried it doesn't last without preservatives. I doubt that it would be useful."

Dayman

Green said:
iLoveSugar said:
Peateat said:
I suggest dancing. And an aloe juice like this one http://www.lifestream.co.nz/products/al ... vera-juice

Is Aloe "Peaty"?

He mentions it in his Cascara article.

This came from peatarian.com:

I mailed Peat about Aloe once, he said ;

"A milliliter of real aloe juice is a strong laxative, and unless it's dried it doesn't last without preservatives. I doubt that it would be useful."

In the supplement I mentioned I think sodium benzoate is the preservative. It doesn't cause problems for me, and it worked well. I haven't tried dried aloe, but I might to compare.

Green

Such_Saturation said:
Green said:
c093 said:

I think it can be from increased estrogen and serotonin.

Green said:
Such_Saturation said:
Green said:
c093 said:

I think it can be from increased estrogen and serotonin.

Oh yes, when the tissue is a little sensitized and it gets hit with food the peristalsis starts moving in ten different directions. Imagine the worst cramp you ever got in your calf, but in the abdomen and in fifteen minute waves for three hours.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals