Slippery Slope SUPPLEMENTS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"According to the Estonian National Institute for Health Development, there is no evidence confirming that consuming natural vitamin K could be toxic. Natural vitamin K, even in large amounts, is not considered toxic. It is the synthetic vitamin K (menadione), which is linked to vitamin K toxicity."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Does anyone know the downside of taking grass fed beef liver capsules? My husband was prescribed high iron tablets and b-12 for anemia and I am not going to fill the prescription because of the bad side effects I have read about them online and on this forum. My husband wont eat liver or much meat or eggs right now either, so I am at my wits end trying to solve his problem. Here is the liver suppliment i am considering unless someone else has a better recommendation.

aniciete

Does anyone know the downside of taking grass fed beef liver capsules? My husband was prescribed high iron tablets and b-12 for anemia and I am not going to fill the prescription because of the bad side effects I have read about them online and on this forum. My husband wont eat liver or much meat or eggs right now either, so I am at my wits end trying to solve his problem. Here is the liver suppliment i am considering unless someone else has a better recommendation.
Not sure if you’ve seen this but ray talks about it here

View: https://youtu.be/lVzSIw5S4Nk

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Has anyone on the forum dehydrated liver? That sounds scary, especially to give to an immune compromised person.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Some of the trace elements in bone meal can be helpful. However, bone meal is high in lead. It may also have high mercury levels. This raises concerns about using it as a supplement.

The lead content in bone meal is much higher than that in refined calcium carbonate. This is calcium made in a lab.

Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) or "mad cow disease” may also pass through bone meal. Bone meal and other animal byproducts that have been used as animal feed or supplements have been shown to transmit BSE. The type of processing determines if the infectious agent is there. There are no studies that show if bone meal is safe for human consumption."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Bone meal isn't necessarily poisonous, but it can cause gastrointestinal distress if eaten by humans or animals. If you have pets or children around, mix it into the soil really well and store the bag where they can't get to it."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
How does this look for collagen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-091112_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220118-091112_Samsung Internet.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220118-091123_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220118-091123_Samsung Internet.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 14
OP
Rinse & rePeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"I've been having issues with heart palpitations and ramped up adrenaline and shortness of breath. I've been stumped on what it could be for about a month now. Until today when someone mentioned to me that megaspore probiotics (which I've been taking) can cause these problems. With a bit of YouTubeing, I've found that many other people have had this reaction as well. As I've seen megaspore suggested in a few "pro metabolic" spaces, I thought I'd go ahead and put a warning out because I wish I would have known this a month ago."

P

Peatness

"I've been having issues with heart palpitations and ramped up adrenaline and shortness of breath. I've been stumped on what it could be for about a month now. Until today when someone mentioned to me that megaspore probiotics (which I've been taking) can cause these problems. With a bit of YouTubeing, I've found that many other people have had this reaction as well. As I've seen megaspore suggested in a few "pro metabolic" spaces, I thought I'd go ahead and put a warning out because I wish I would have known this a month ago."

I had this with probiotic yogurt. A mistake.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Cholecalciferol, or activated vitamin D3, causes a life-threateningly high calcium and phosphorus level in the body, resulting in severe, acute kidney failure. This can progress to chronic kidney failure and have long-term repercussions. Common signs of poisoning may not be evident for 1-2 days, when the poison has already resulted in significant -and potentially permanent – damage to the body. Increased thirst and urination, weakness, lethargy, a decreased appetite, and halitosis (“uremic” breath) may be seen. Acute kidney failure develops 2-3 days after ingestion of this type of mouse and rat poison.

Unfortunately, cholecalciferol mouse and rat poison does not have an antidote, and is one of the most challenging poisoning cases to treat as hospitalization, frequent laboratory monitoring and expensive therapy is often required for a positive outcome. Treatment includes aggressive IV fluids (for 2-3 days) and specific drugs (e.g., diuretics, steroids, calcitonin and bisphosphonates) to decrease calcium levels in the body. Frequent monitoring of blood work (calcium, phosphorus, and kidney values) is often needed for a period of 2-6 weeks after ingestion.

Unfortunately, cholecalciferol has a very narrow margin of safety, which means that even small ingestions of this poison can result in severe clinical signs or death. Toxic ingestions must be treated quickly and appropriately to prevent kidney failure.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Although the findings were made in mice, researchers say the role of calcium may help explain a longstanding mystery: why some hospital patients and nursing home residents have a much higher risk of contracting C. diff infections and the resulting diarrhea that carries its spores out of the body.

The reason? Those people often have extra calcium in their guts because they’re taking certain medications or supplements. Medications aimed at calming acid reflux, such as proton pump inhibitors, and steroids can increase the amount of calcium in the gut."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"One of the most interesting and recent insights into biomimetic scaffold nano-biomaterial is smart scaffolding with targeted drug delivery ability. In recent decades, the use of graphene-based materials, such as nano-graphene oxide (nGO), as a drug carrier with amphiphilic properties, has attracted considerable attention of scientists and researchers in this field. In addition, one of the important global problems is increased vitamin D deficiency, particularly in pregnant and postmenopausal women. Therefore, in this work, by considering hydrophobic properties of vitamin D, we attempted to examine its loading and release both in the presence of surfactant and surfactant-free nGO-aqueous solution."

Nano-graphene oxide and vitamin D delivery

P

Peatness

"Although the findings were made in mice, researchers say the role of calcium may help explain a longstanding mystery: why some hospital patients and nursing home residents have a much higher risk of contracting C. diff infections and the resulting diarrhea that carries its spores out of the body.

The reason? Those people often have extra calcium in their guts because they’re taking certain medications or supplements. Medications aimed at calming acid reflux, such as proton pump inhibitors, and steroids can increase the amount of calcium in the gut."

What about the large amount of calcium in a Peaty diet?