Slippery Slope SUPPLEMENTS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is something to consider when taking suppliments.....

"Effects of feeding supplements of calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium and potassium on dietary copper bioavailability of humans were investigated. Results indicated that the calcium supplements depressed fecal copper losses and improved body copper retention as did potassium supplements. Magnesium and selenium supplementation of diets resulted in increased apparent fecal losses of copper while no effect of manganese supplementation was found. It may be that the unexpected positive effect of calcium on copper utilization was due to its neutralizing effect on the relatively high level of ascorbic acid provided by the constant background diet. Ascorbic acid is known to inhibit the absorption of copper."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"According to Dr. Ray Peat, you can explain the calcium metabolism as follows: When your diet is insufficient in calcium and vitamin D3, several hormones rise including the parathyroid hormone, prolactin, and cortisol. These three hormones are involved in chronic inflammation and disturbances of calcium regulation.

Elevated parathyroid hormone, prolactin, and cortisol all dissolve the bones, releasing calcium into the blood. If these hormones are elevated for a prolonged time it can lead to osteoporosis and calcification of arteries and soft tissues as well as kidney stones.

A diet sufficient in vitamin D3 and calcium is essential for keeping the blood levels of parathyroid hormone, prolactin, and cortisol low."

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 20211126_113026.jpg
    20211126_113026.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 45
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Purity is important. It’s best to choose calcium supplements with labels that state “purified” or, if you’re in the U.S., have the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) symbol. Avoid supplements made from unrefined oyster shell, bone meal, or dolomite that don’t have the USP symbol because they may contain high levels of lead or other toxic metals."

Daft

I know I have been lacking in K since giving up vegetables five years ago, so I started making my own K ice cubes this past couple of weeks boiling greens, kale or dandelion, for two minutes, cooling, blending a hint and straining into ice cube trays. I just put a couple of cubes in a glass with a sprig of mint and a few chunks of frozen pineapple to offset the bitter taste. I know it takes that extra 10 15 minutes to make them, but it sure is better than swallowing something fake.
Interesting. Are you sure vitamin K decocts into water? Or doesn't get destroyed by the heat? It's a molecule, prone to that like other vitamins, unlike minerals. Further, its not water soluble right?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Interesting. Are you sure vitamin K decocts into water? Or doesn't get destroyed by the heat? It's a molecule, prone to that like other vitamins, unlike minerals. Further, its not water soluble right?

That is what Ray Peat said to do, boil kale or other greens for a couple of minutes and drink the water.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Tanksnowagod mentioned Thomas E. Levy's and his video on how toxic iron "fortification" or "enriched" products are to the body. He says never ever ever suppliment iron copper and calcium in any capacity

View: https://youtu.be/NUjmwTwNCAI

Last edited:

aniciete

Are you still supplement free? It makes me happy to see people on here have positive experiences after stopping all supplements. I’m currently going to drop all supplements and see how I feel in a couple weeks.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Are you still supplement free? It makes me happy to see people on here have positive experiences after stopping all supplements. I’m currently going to drop all supplements and see how I feel in a couple weeks.
I am, and have been suppliment free this year. I am so much healthier for it. Let us know how you feel in a couple of weeks!

aniciete

I am, and have been suppliment free this year. I am so much healthier for it. Let us know how you feel in a couple of weeks!
That’s great! I’ve experimented a lot with supplements in the last 1-2 months and think I caused some imbalances of the fat solubles. This winter I’ve been using a U.V. lamp/red light instead of D3 supplements and I definitely feel a lot better.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That’s great! I’ve experimented a lot with supplements in the last 1-2 months and think I caused some imbalances of the fat solubles. This winter I’ve been using a U.V. lamp/red light instead of D3 supplements and I definitely feel a lot better.
What brand of lamp did you buy?

aniciete

What brand of lamp did you buy?
I found mine on eBay because they have been out of stock for some time now.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I found mine on eBay because they have been out of stock for some time now.
Thank you for this info! Does it tan your skin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals