Sleepy Constantly

opethfeldt

Low estrogen makes me tired in a way no stimulant can rectify. Given the general advice around here to lower estrogen, it's easy to overdo and maybe not realize it's from lowering estrogen.

Frankdee20

Low estrogen makes me tired in a way no stimulant can rectify. Given the general advice around here to lower estrogen, it's easy to overdo and maybe not realize it's from lowering estrogen.

While this may be true, are you running E2, Estrone, Estradiol panel when you believe this occurs ?

lampofred

Peat has said the effect of estrogen on the brain is analogous to that of cocaine

opethfeldt

While this may be true, are you running E2, Estrone, Estradiol panel when you believe this occurs ?
I don't see the point of doing blood tests for estrogen when my body is holding zero water taking reasonably high doses of Androsterone. It's pretty obvious when estrogen is low.
Peat has said the effect of estrogen on the brain is analogous to that of cocaine
That seems true enough in my experience. However, the complete sleepiness, depression and lack of motivation I feel indicates to me that estrogen is not something you want to eliminate completely, just get down to the lowest part of the normal range. There's a lot of danger in looking at things as black and white. Almost nothing in this world is purely good or bad.

lampofred

I don't see the point of doing blood tests for estrogen when my body is holding zero water taking reasonably high doses of Androsterone. It's pretty obvious when estrogen is low.

That seems true enough in my experience. However, the complete sleepiness, depression and lack of motivation I feel indicates to me that estrogen is not something you want to eliminate completely, just get down to the lowest part of the normal range. There's a lot of danger in looking at things as black and white. Almost nothing in this world is purely good or bad.

That's what I'm trying to say. Cocaine will also make you alert, happy, and motivated even when your metabolism isn't operating properly. Maybe the estrogen is masking a less-than-optimal metabolism with it's stressful/stimulant-like effects just the way cocaine does.

opethfeldt

That's what I'm trying to say. Cocaine will also make you alert, happy, and motivated even when your metabolism isn't operating properly. Maybe the estrogen is masking a less-than-optimal metabolism with it's stressful/stimulant-like effects just the way cocaine does.
I see what you mean. There would need to be more data to say for sure. I think there's a thin line between the calmness associated with a proper metabolism and what most people would consider being "tired". A lot of people these days are probably so accustomed to being hopped up on stress hormones and stimulants that they perhaps perceive that calmness as sleepiness. For me, personally, I'd rather have a small amount of estrogen for the time being and keep my alertness up so that I can do what I have to do to achieve my goals. It's worth saying that when my estrogen is "balanced", I don't have racing thoughts or anything like you'd experience with higher estrogen. I think as long as you can keep anxiety-free and calm, a little estrogen won't do much harm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals