Sleepy Constantly

milk_lover

Are you taking any substances that reduce stress? Maybe if your metabolism is good, you can have sustained energy even with stress being low.

tara

For me, persistent fuzzy, dozy, sleepy head is a sign of exceeding my tolerance for dairy. That's not normal sleepiness, it's an unwell feeling.

If I have eaten enough, normal sleepiness for me is generally a result of insufficient sleep and/or time of day/circadian etc rhythms, especially if I have eaten enough. It's usually relieved by sufficient and timely sleep.

cyclops

For me, persistent fuzzy, dozy, sleepy head is a sign of exceeding my tolerance for dairy. That's not normal sleepiness, it's an unwell feeling.

Maybe this is it for me too. Need to experiment. But maybe dairy is not doing me well.

tara

Maybe this is it for me too. Need to experiment. But maybe dairy is not doing me well.
I don't know if it's dairy for you - could be that or some other food intolerance or something else. But for me, if I get to that stage, 2 days of more restrictive dairy avoidance is usually enough for my brain function and wellness to improve noticably.

Ritchie

I don't know if it's dairy for you - could be that or some other food intolerance or something else. But for me, if I get to that stage, 2 days of more restrictive dairy avoidance is usually enough for my brain function and wellness to improve noticably.
@tara if this is the case why do you bother with dairy at all? I would see this as a pretty sure sign diary isn't doing you any favours.

tara

@tara if this is the case why do you bother with dairy at all? I would see this as a pretty sure sign diary isn't doing you any favours.
I generally don't have much.

Convenience, hunger, and cravings tempt me to have a little now and then. Spuds taste so much better with a little butter and/or milk. I really love cheese (but very seldom eat it). I sometimes finish off the kids tempting leftovers. And then sometimes I get away with a bit, and the quantity creeps up, and the brain fog messes with my ability to think about it, and I get too tired and hungry and foggy to organise something more suitable, ... I think that probably counts as at least partly addictive behaviour.
However, since hunger stress and undereating have also been issues for me at times, being too restrictive also has its problems.

Possibly I'd be better off going back to complete or almost complete abstinence, which I've been pretty close to for many years. It's hard with kids in the house, and trying to keep up with all the demands of life, and sustain myself adequately.

OP
K

kyle

Wouldn't describe my issue as brain fog, plain old sleepiness.

The issue is being at work and craving naps all day. It's torture. I wish we had culture of siesta.

OP
K

kyle

Rarely. Somewhat physical job. Occasional weight lifting. Outdoors regularly.

fradon

I never feel quite alert/awake. What's the dealio?

barometric pressure

seasonal disorder

illness or infection gums...fungus

too much tech...get off computer, phone, INTERNET for a week...listen to music instead...music goes straight into the temporal lobe which deals with emotions...emotions motivate or stifle.

OP
K

kyle

Today I took a very small shot of vodka on waking up. Usual lethargy seems to have backed off substantially. What's up with that?

I see the point about emotions. Hard to be interested without a stimulating environment.

And i guzzle coffee like nobody's business.

Frankdee20

Today I took a very small shot of vodka on waking up. Usual lethargy seems to have backed off substantially. What's up with that?

I see the point about emotions. Hard to be interested without a stimulating environment.

And i guzzle coffee like nobody's business.

Man, I used to love waking up to a few vodkas myself. Drinking too early in the day made me lethargic though. So can’t explain your situation. Maybe you were just anxious

OP
K

kyle

A shot seems cleansing and clears head. A drink with breakfast was customary in the south once upon a time.

Maybe it's a short cut to getting stress hormones down.

lampofred

Are you eating too many carbs relative to protein? That could be raising your serotonin and causing lethargy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals