Sleepy After Pregnenolone?

Logan-

Does anyone get sleepiness after taking pregnenolone? It makes me sleepy, and seems to lower my energy quite a bit.

Vinero

I experience that too sometimes. Even if I take a large dose of caffeine with it I still get tired. It might lower cortisol a lot.
Sleepiness isn't bad though, it suggests low stress hormones.

Cirion

I generally prefer to stick to stuff that lowers cortisol to night time. Helps sleep and lower cortisol = win win

I stopped taking stuff that lowers cortisol in the morning because it just makes me soooo zombie like all day at work lol

Frankdee20

Yes, at times, maybe toward my acclimation, it would make me kind of numb and zombie ish, sleepy. Pregnenalone is very unpredictable, at times, it was a mood elevator, at times, it made me agitated (probably from not eating enough with it) and at times it was depersonalization. All of this is dose dependant perhaps.

OP
L

Logan-

I take it at evenings, and the effects stay with me for all of the next day. It's frustrating; my attention, concentration-focus, motivation, cognitive functions, intelligence, cerebral energy all seem to drop massively after taking pregnenolone.

Last edited:

Makrosky

I take it at evenings, and the effects stay with me for all of the next day. It's frustrating; my attention, concentration-focus, motivation, cognitive functions, intelligence, cerebral energy all seem to drop massively after taking pregnenolone.
Which brand are you using?

Frankdee20

Which brand are you using?

What he describes is typical, even from a good brand. Ironically, they say it improves cognition, which it has done, but again, it is unpredicatble.

Cirion

GABA is a fickle mistress lol.

I now think what causes the sleepiness when you have a high body temp is your body wanting to get some high quality sleep. I guess it does this if you didn't get enough quality sleep the night before. The body will take quality sleep whenever it can, so it's gonna be quick to make you sleepy when stress hormones are lowered IF the body thinks it has a sleep debt to make up for. So a large amount of sleepiness may just mean you have a lot of sleep debt to make up.

Makrosky

I now think what causes the sleepiness when you have a high body temp is your body wanting to get some high quality sleep. I guess it does this if you didn't get enough quality sleep the night before. The body will take quality sleep whenever it can, so it's gonna be quick to make you sleepy when stress hormones are lowered IF the body thinks it has a sleep debt to make up for. So a large amount of sleepiness may just mean you have a lot of sleep debt to make up.
+1
It even happens to people using T3.
If you take some prometabolic substance and you feel sleepy it is probably what Cirion described.

Frankdee20

Ironically, the cognitive enhancement comes from blocking GABA.

Hanzo

preg makes me really calm and has a big anti anxiety effect. so at night i am taking it with progestene. usually 10 drops. if i also take some NDT with it always makes me sleep 10 hours or so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals