Sleeping on hard surface fixed my anterior pelvic tilt

BearWithMe

The first thing I noticed when I ditched my matress and replaced it with thin yoga mat was how different it felt in the pelvic / lumbar area. It was like the hard surface was putting the pelvis in completely different angle and it was incredibly pleasant.

After ~100 days, I have noticed that my anterior pelvic tilt almost disappeared. It was pretty severe and now my posture from the chest down is normal. My shoulders and neck still don't quite caught up, so I'm leaning back a bit, but I'm sure it is just a matter of time until it gets better too.

Not sure if this is related, but my prostate issues are also getting better, for the first time in my life.

Sleeping on the hard surface is amazing

Mauritio

The first thing I noticed when I ditched my matress and replaced it with thin yoga mat was how different it felt in the pelvic / lumbar area. It was like the hard surface was putting the pelvis in completely different angle and it was incredibly pleasant.

After ~100 days, I have noticed that my anterior pelvic tilt almost disappeared. It was pretty severe and now my posture from the chest down is normal. My shoulders and neck still don't quite caught up, so I'm leaning back a bit, but I'm sure it is just a matter of time until it gets better too.

Not sure if this is related, but my prostate issues are also getting better, for the first time in my life.

So you're sleeping on your back ?

Do you have a anterior/posterior tilt or or does one side stand higher than the other one ?

rr1

Same thing happened to me. Now I find it is so natural to squeeze my abs and glutes to fully straighten my pelvis before i fall asleep. it's just something that happens, i dont even need to think about it

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

So you're sleeping on your back ?

Do you have a anterior/posterior tilt or or does one side stand higher than the other one ?
Yes, I was avoiding sleeping on my back because on normal matress, it caused hyperventilation, snoring and apnea. This is not a problem anymore when sleeping on hard surface.

I do not have and never had any vertical asymmetry, only my pelvis was tilted forward and it was causing horizontal imbalances from my knees to my neck.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Same thing happened to me. Now I find it is so natural to squeeze my abs and glutes to fully straighten my pelvis before i fall asleep. it's just something that happens, i dont even need to think about it
Yes, exactly! The hard surface somehow makes you squeeze your abs and glutes and I think this is extremely therapeutical when you have any muscular imbalance in this area.

AlexR

Nice. Do you by any chance have a longer second toe than your big toe? That can cause postural issues like anterior pelvic tilt and other things as your foot rolls out and changes the alignment of your body.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

They are about the same length, the big toe is maybe a little bit longer.

I think I caused my anterior pelvic tilt by sitting in front of the computer all my life.

Mauritio

They are about the same length, the big toe is maybe a little bit longer.

I think I caused my anterior pelvic tilt by sitting in front of the computer all my life.
Yes , I'm a PT and I can tell you ,this is right.
Thanks for sharing , will tell my patients .

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Difference in height?
Oh yes, absolutely! This was actually the first change me and people around noticed.

I can't tell you the exact number as I have no way to measure myself right now, but it is pretty significant. Maybe two inches I'd guess

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals