Sleeping on a hammock, health benefits

sm1693

I was stationed in the Philippines for a while and I bought a cheap hammock there and took to sleeping in that whenever I went into the jungle. It's by far the best way to sleep when you are outdoors. People pay hundreds of $ for those blow up hiking mattress pads, but they produce serious pressure points and pop frequently. A good tightly hung hammock will keep your body in a good sleep position: head slightly elevated to keep airway open.

Don't get the netting type of hammock; find one with solid material, and mosquito netting on top is pretty useful too.

That said, for normal inside sleeping, a decent mattress is way better than a hammock.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

nikotrope

I just moved to Japan and sleep in a futon on a hard surface. I have a very good sleep, as good as on the very good mattress I had before. The back and neck pains I had a few years ago were from my health not the way I sleep and were fixed when I started "peating". I bought expensive beds and chairs for nothing :(

I made an experiment in November and slept in a sitting position (on my couch with my legs on a big cushion) and it was amazing! My nose was clearer, my energy was better and I naturally slept less. I needed 2-3 days to adapt but after that I could fall asleep as fast as usual. I can't do that anymore and need to find a way to sleep like that again in my new apartment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals