Sleeping Better With T3 Before Sleep?

gilson dantas

If we have low thyroid it is posible to have a nocturnal alarm reaction of stress;
OK, R Peat says "About 3 mcg of T3 especially if it´s taken with milk or gelatine-rich salty soup is effective for stopping the nocturnal alarm reaction".
Well, I´m very interested on it.
Some of you have tested it? Today I´m going to start, just before bedtime, the following formula: T3 [ 4 mcg] adding cheese, salt and some orange juice, and sugar;
Did someone tested something like that to face the night alarm reaction?

tara

I have not tried it so far.
If it were me, not having used it before, I'd start the experiment with 1mcg.

honeybee

If we have low thyroid it is posible to have a nocturnal alarm reaction of stress;
OK, R Peat says "About 3 mcg of T3 especially if it´s taken with milk or gelatine-rich salty soup is effective for stopping the nocturnal alarm reaction".
Some of you have tested it? Today I´m going to start, just before bedtime, the following formula: T3 [ 4 mcg] adding cheese, salt and some orange juice, and sugar;
Yes t3 before bed helps me sleep. I've been using it for about 4 months. I dose it 4 times thru the day -last dose is right at bedtime. It's probably the most helpful thing I've tried to keep insomnia issues at bay. Vit a, magnesium,p5p also help with sleep. I also sleep thru the night.

sweetpeat

I've found that taking any t3 at bedtime will not allow me to sleep for several hours. Even as little as 1mcg. I also have to be careful with how much t4 I take at bedtime because I seem to have pretty good t4/t3 conversion. Maybe my body is really sensitive to thyroid in general? But that's not to say you shouldn't experiment a little with it, especially if you keep the doses low.

I just noticed that you were planning to try it out yesterday. How did it go?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Today I´m going to start, just before bedtime, the following formula: T3 [ 4 mcg] adding cheese, salt and some orange juice, and sugar;
Well I used it for 3 days; and did´t see changes.

Jsaute21

I've found that taking any t3 at bedtime will not allow me to sleep for several hours. Even as little as 1mcg. I also have to be careful with how much t4 I take at bedtime because I seem to have pretty good t4/t3 conversion. Maybe my body is really sensitive to thyroid in general? But that's not to say you shouldn't experiment a little with it, especially if you keep the doses low.

I just noticed that you were planning to try it out yesterday. How did it go?
Same exact experience.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Now I´m using t3 6mcg at bedtime [with 20 mg pregnenolone], but I do not see changes. I sleep well, but nothing more. My temperature when I wake up remains low, very low [36 o C]. Something is wrong. Perhaps the T3 is fake. I don´t know.

Fexxx

This is an old thread I know but maybe the info is still helpful.
The added Preg suppresses ACTH (too much?) at night for some of us?

I recently tried dosing 8mcg of t3 only before bed and have been getting the most intense deep sleep of my life. I wake up and have no clue as to where I am. Hoping these initial results will continue forever.

I'd be very curious to learn why this is helping so much.

For this low dose, are you using idealabs Tyronene or another product?

I take some before bedtime and it doesn't seem to make much difference. I am warmer for a bit, but don't sleep differently (I virtually always sleep very well.)

Risingfire

I think Ray has suggested 10mcg isn't bad before bed. I generally make sure I've had honey and whole milk. If I don't I wake up with adrenaline like symptoms

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals