Sleep problems after boosting metabolism

AndrogenicJB

Have had good success with boosting metabolism thus far, the uncouplers outlined by VoS previously on this forum have helped. Whenever I take one of them, for example niacinamide with my evening meal, it always takes me a while to get to sleap without fail. I always take it with a carb heavy meal, often 800+ grams of well-cooked potatoes and an organ meat with tuna. Anyone know why niacinamide especially disturbs sleep

Razvan

Have had good success with boosting metabolism thus far, the uncouplers outlined by VoS previously on this forum have helped. Whenever I take one of them, for example niacinamide with my evening meal, it always takes me a while to get to sleap without fail. I always take it with a carb heavy meal, often 800+ grams of well-cooked potatoes and an organ meat with tuna. Anyone know why niacinamide especially disturbs sleep
How much niacinamide, for some people niacinamide can cause stimulation and thus insomnia. Especially low doses seem more stimulating than higher dosages.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Niacinamide is not a metabolic booster. It helps to increase NAD, which is essential for normal energy production. Niacinamide can inhibit methylation (drain SAMe) and increase histamine, adrenaline and serotonin, which can disrupt proper sleep. Just take the niacinamide earlier, or combine it with some betaine with it (1:1 ratio) to assist methylation.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Niacinamide is not a metabolic booster. It helps to increase NAD, which is essential for normal energy production. Niacinamide can inhibit methylation (drain SAMe) and increase histamine, adrenaline and serotonin, which can disrupt proper sleep. Just take the niacinamide earlier, or combine it with some betaine with it (1:1 ratio) to assist methylation.
Can I combine it with choline as I dont have betaine, I have choline bitartrate and can take a high dose conveniently

Hans

Forum Supporter
Can I combine it with choline as I dont have betaine, I have choline bitartrate and can take a high dose conveniently
That can also work. Perhaps you eat a few eggs instead of taking a supplement.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

I'd like to but my budget doesn't allow for quality eggs atm. My diet is quite nutrient dense due to organ meats so do you think taking 100mg niacinamide with my quick meal at lunch which is 25g milk protein concentrate powder, 40g refined white cane sugar and 1g calcium carbonate would be fine? I only include these foods in my diet because I need to up the calories and as said earlier I hit all my micros.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'd like to but my budget doesn't allow for quality eggs atm. My diet is quite nutrient dense due to organ meats so do you think taking 100mg niacinamide with my quick meal at lunch which is 25g milk protein concentrate powder, 40g refined white cane sugar and 1g calcium carbonate would be fine? I only include these foods in my diet because I need to up the calories and as said earlier I hit all my micros.
Yeah that can work. But if you're eating meat and organ meat, you don't really need extra B3. Unless you've been under chronic stress and experiencing lots of oxidative stress and inflammation for a while, which increases NAD requirements, you should be fine with the B3 from your diet.

Nomane Euger

Hans do you eat eggs from chicken that dont eat cereals and only bugs and grass?if yes how do you find such gems?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans do you eat eggs from chicken that dont eat cereals and only bugs and grass?if yes how do you find such gems?
There are suppliers close to me that use minimal feed, but I can't find one that doesn't use feed. Most of them do sadly.

Nomane Euger

There are suppliers close to me that use minimal feed, but I can't find one that doesn't use feed. Most of them do sadly.
you mentionned that one of the reasons that you onsume eggs daily is that you feel better with over 1 grammes cholesterol,have you experimented with daily brain consumption?

Hans

Forum Supporter
you mentionned that one of the reasons that you onsume eggs daily is that you feel better with over 1 grammes cholesterol,have you experimented with daily brain consumption?
I have not tried brain yet, but that's on my list. I just haven't been to that specific butcher yet that sells brain.

Nomane Euger

I have not tried brain yet, but that's on my list. I just haven't been to that specific butcher yet that sells brain.
In France most of those stupid idiots throw the beef and lamb brains over a certain age,and they throw beef/veal suet,waisting 5 to 10 kilos of valuables fats

Hermes

Raw brains eaten before bed are like a sleep aid for me. I notice the next day being much better rested compared to when I haven't eaten any brains. I would also wake up earlier and not be able to fall back asleep. It's probably the cholesterol in them that protects against endotoxin, among other things.

Hermes

Sorry if this kind of a silly question, but what's the difference between a metabolic booster and a NAD precursor? At least their intertwined, aren't they? Metabolism boosts NAD and vice versca.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sorry if this kind of a silly question, but what's the difference between a metabolic booster and a NAD precursor? At least their intertwined, aren't they? Metabolism boosts NAD and vice versca.
Caffeine is a metabolic booster. It boosts your metabolic rate from 2000 calories to 2200 calories for example. Niacinamide or NAD doesn't do this. NAD is a cofactor for energy production. If you don't have enough then you're in metabolic depression. Increasing NAD restores the metabolism...it doesn't boost it past baseline like caffeine. So caffeine boosts your past your normal baseline, whereas NAD doesn't work the same way.

Hans

Forum Supporter
In France most of those stupid idiots throw the beef and lamb brains over a certain age,and they throw beef/veal suet,waisting 5 to 10 kilos of valuables fats
Do you consume brain regularly? If so, what benefits do you experience?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Raw brains eaten before bed are like a sleep aid for me. I notice the next day being much better rested compared to when I haven't eaten any brains. I would also wake up earlier and not be able to fall back asleep. It's probably the cholesterol in them that protects against endotoxin, among other things.
Very interesting. How much do you consume before bed?

Nomane Euger

Do you consume brain regularly? If so, what benefits do you experience?
i got access to it only once or twice,ifthe veal get slaughter 1 day to late they consider it as a cow,and so the butcher do not get the brain.I didnt like the taste neither the texture much,it was hard to consume,despit i can eat raw lamb kidneys with out problem,the night i ate it i dreamed all night long when i usually dream mostly in my last hours of sleep,the clarity and intensity of color of the dream was maximal,it was lucid dreaming,there was a few environnemental factors that escaped my control in the dream,and it felt like my personality recomposing and differents aspects of it synchronising itself,and letting go things that i perceived as problems in the past that were bringing me negativity,seeing those elements in a new perspective considering all my past life experiences,i woke up as clear headed as i could,thats a mental and physical feeling,there is a tension in your forebrain that seems to disappear,the though of something that used to cause an emotional response,didnt cause the emotional response anymore,just a though from the past that i no longer hold.basically what it feel when i get proper rem sleep and dreamingwith good sleep,proper gut health some raw meat and choline containing foods such as kidneys,still a bit more special with brain.

Last edited:

Hermes

Caffeine is a metabolic booster. It boosts your metabolic rate from 2000 calories to 2200 calories for example. Niacinamide or NAD doesn't do this. NAD is a cofactor for energy production. If you don't have enough then you're in metabolic depression. Increasing NAD restores the metabolism...it doesn't boost it past baseline like caffeine. So caffeine boosts your past your normal baseline, whereas NAD doesn't work the same way.
Could one say in order to be healthy one has first to increase NAD production to restore normal baseline metabolism, and then start to use metabolism boosters? Like one follows the other. I'm asking because I stopped drinking coffee a while ago, and don't regret it. I feel calmer and more levelheaded, better able to be in the moment. Maybe general energy production is compromised, and my body couldn't handle coffee well. And this would also explain why methylene blue is so great, anything actually that improves NAD production: CO Q10, Lapodin, Kuinone etc. You mention those supplements in "The most important organ for longevity". Energizing the gut really increases my wellbeing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals