Sleep is failing

OP
H

hei

Thanks for your replies. I already use f.lux, I have it set to 3400k during the day and 2700k/2300k in the evening. Don't really use the phone much but it's also set to the warmest setting all the time. For lighting I just use a 2700k CFL in a table lamp. I never use the ceiling lights.

I've had similar sleep problems off and on my whole life. Even as recently as a month or two ago I had times where I stayed up for a day, went to work, maybe took a nap, and then hopefully went to bed. Tried lots of stuff and you have some good suggestions here. For me, the only thing I've used that's worked without negative effects, like zombification from antihistamines or melatonin, is progesterone. I see you're already using progesterone. What kind is it and how much do you use?
Up to 10 drops a day of progest-e. I tried 20 drops but that didn't help. I don't find it the slightest bit sedating.
When I started the thread cypro (1-2mg) was no longer even producing any sleep improvements. I haven't used it since then.

I also use T3, it seemed to help in the first month but I guess the effect went away, maybe when I started using progesterone.

LuMonty

Thanks for your replies. I already use f.lux, I have it set to 3400k during the day and 2700k/2300k in the evening. Don't really use the phone much but it's also set to the warmest setting all the time. For lighting I just use a 2700k CFL in a table lamp. I never use the ceiling lights.

Up to 10 drops a day of progest-e. I tried 20 drops but that didn't help. I don't find it the slightest bit sedating.
When I started the thread cypro (1-2mg) was no longer even producing any sleep improvements. I haven't used it since then.

I also use T3, it seemed to help in the first month but I guess the effect went away, maybe when I started using progesterone.
Thanks for that info. I had that problem with antihistamines as well. In my case, the worst nights were when I had a food I'm allergic to during that day but didn't realize it. In fact that's happening right now, I've used about twice as much progest-e as usual and still don't feel tired. Last time I felt like this I took 8mg of cypro and finally got to sleep but slept through the weekend. I'm not sure if any of this is helpful. If I can think of something else I'll let you know.

OP
H

hei

I was able to try melatonin (1mg) a few times and it gave me really broken sleep, kept waking up eery couple of hours all night. The first few times I used it it helped with falling asleep, but the other times it didn't seem to work as well even though that was weeks later.

MrGilbert

Try upping dosage, I find 3mg is the sweet spot for me. There's also herbal teas that can be quite effective.
Increase morning sunlight exposure to help your circadian rhythm and exercise more to tire yourself out.