Sleep Inducer. Advice Needed

lampofred

So I've started decreasing the temperature at night. The last couple of nights my sleep has been deeper with less disturbances. This may seem someone anti-peat because we all know the goal is to raise body temp not decrease it. But I think the one exception is night time. This is the one time its normal and actually healthy for the body to drop its temperature, presumably to preserve energy for other functions which are more important than physical/mental energy (you aren't using either when asleep anyway), such as cellular turnover/regeneration. I used to sleep in the cold all the time when I was healthier, but stopped only because I was told it was unhealthy, but now I'm gonna go back to it. You probably don't wanna be super cold like frigid, just cold enough to be comfortable.

I am beginning to think the goal is to raise your natural temperature set point and not your temperature per se. Because heat in excess of your body's preferred temperature will increase serotonin/prolactin/FFA/all kinds of nasty stuff, whereas increasing your baseline temperature setpoint will make you more fully functioning.

Lilac

Personally, I sometimes need to be a little warmer to drop off to sleep. I put a light, flexible blanket up around my neck and ears. In the winter, I sometimes wrap a scarf around my head.

Pleasant, familiar, low-key TV shows and movies also lull me to sleep. When I wake up in the middle of the night and start a DVD with the 15-minute timer set, I will drift off within a minute or two. No TV and I start thinking and do not fall back to sleep.

Cirion

I am beginning to think the goal is to raise your natural temperature set point and not your temperature per se. Because heat in excess of your body's preferred temperature will increase serotonin/prolactin/FFA/all kinds of nasty stuff, whereas increasing your baseline temperature setpoint will make you more fully functioning.

Sleeping cold doesn't even lower your waking body temp anyway. In fact it seems to help it. I had 98.4F waking temp today despite sleeping 2-4F colder than usual. So it's all a moot point. Conversely, for all my attempts to sleep 4-5 deg F hotter, I'd frequently have waking temps as low as 97.8 or even 97.6F. So, go figure.

To be clear it shouldn't be so cold you are shivering. It should be cool enough to be still pleasant but if you feel even slightly warm its probably too hot (at least for me).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals