Sleep Has Gone Off the Rails - Need Help

Velve921

Due to thoughts from the last 2 years, my sleep has completely changed.

I basically no longer sleep. I have tried:

Cyproheptadine
Doxylamine succinate
Progesterone
Allopregnanolone
Aspirin

And nothing seems to work. With that said, I’ve also not done high doses. But for some reason these supplements are all too stimulating right now. My adrenaline is very high and so most things are stimulant. Resting heart rate is 110 which I haven’t found anything to bring it down yet. Need help dropping the heart rate and sleeping hard every night.

Is there a miracle supplement that could just put me out? Is there something I haven’t thought of?

Any advise would be appreciated!

Last edited:
You poor thing! An aspirin with a gulp of milk helps me. Tryptophan is good for sleep. A big spoonful of raw honey PUTS me back to sleep, and a half cup of water mixed with sugar and a pinch salt does too. As simple and "too good to be true" as they sound they all work!

B

BRBsavinWorld

eat more sugar and protein during the day. you're probably not eating enough. eat cheese in the evening... casein is proven to put you to sleep. Most importantly, I strongly advise adding thyroid supp 3x a day. that was the final nail in the coffin of years of poor sleep for me. i eventually stopped waking up in the night to urinate, and getting a solid 8 or more hours. incredible stuff. get NDT or haidut's thyroid, both are superior imo.

also, vitamin D after noon is proven to keep you awake. my sleep improved many moons ago when I limited myself to a days worth of vit D in the morning.

Razvan

You said that you feel great,you were reccomending some foods and supplements also,what happened suddenly high adrenaline? Personal stress?

If your diet includes -- or has recently included -- a lot of caffeine or table sugar, or if you've been under intense stress, you might consider the possibility that you have depleted one or more of the B vitamins. At times when I've been deficient in B1, I've often experienced a racing pulse, and taking anything pro-metabolic (including aspirin) has made the problem much worse.

loess

@Velve921 I developed complex-PTSD due to events in my personal life over the past couple of years and the uncontrollable rumination wrecked my sleep and sent me through a tunnel of insomnia that lasted most of last year and drove me to the brink of insanity. I had marginal success with all of the substances you listed, with cyproheptadine being the most effective, but the recovery from the zombie-like state that cyproheptadine puts me in the next day makes it impractical to use regularly.

Regular use of 4-5 drops Pansterone + occasional Androsterone alongside has worked pretty well to calm my system down, at least acutely.

It wasn't until I did a NutrEval test and a hair test mineral analysis that things began to somewhat improve with regard to my own adrenaline surges and tachycardia. I also found that it's likely that I'm undermethylating.

I'm still sifting through and theorizing various conclusions from those tests, but in particular I've found that attempts at putting B vitamins back in balance (P5P and B2 tested low), eating extra beef liver (tested low in copper and folate), and occasionally adding cream of tartar (potassium) to orange juice, all have helped. In addition to the trauma that I went through, I dealt with prolonged post-viral illness for months and threw all kinds of things at that, including experimenting with high doses of thiamine (TTFD). Despite my best efforts to supply myself with thiamine's cofactors (all of the B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, proper glutathione metabolism) I think it threw some things off over time.

So, this is all to suggest that perhaps you've burned through one or more mineral or vitamin markers due to the chronic stress and it's thrown everything for a loop. Might be worth a comprehensive set of labs like the Great Plains OAT or NutrEval and/or HTMA to see where you're at...

Last edited:

TheCalciumCad

Cyproheptadine
Doxylamine succinate
Progesterone
Allopregnanolone
Aspirin

And nothing seems to work.
Do you mean excessive ruminating thoughts due to the pandemic are causing you insomnia, yeah?

yerrag

The heart rate is what stands out.

Likely, the heart muscles are not pumping efficiently because the ionic gradient involved in the contraction and relaxation of heart muscles just isn't there. The influx and efflux of calcium into cells is not sufficiently regulated by the cell membrane because the membrane is short on potassium.

When the ECF is very acidic, cells give up potassium for hydrogen ions in order to compensate for the over-acidity.

But this situation can be brought about by a variety of causes, such as hypothyroid, or a chronic infection, or even something as innocuous as taking regular supplementation or prescription drugs that are an acidic load, which accumulates over time.

Likely, the heart muscles are not pumping efficiently because the ionic gradient involved in the contraction and relaxation of heart muscles just isn't there. The influx and efflux of calcium into cells is not sufficiently regulated by the cell membrane because the membrane is short on potassium.

When the ECF is very acidic, cells give up potassium for hydrogen ions in order to compensate for the over-acidity.

But this situation can be brought about by a variety of causes, such as hypothyroid, or a chronic infection, or even something as innocuous as taking regular supplementation or prescription drugs that are an acidic load, which accumulates over time.
You are getting me worried about you yerrag.

yerrag

You are getting me worried about you yerrag.
Yeah, you are right about that. I write from experience, and I hope this doesn't happen again to me. But it is an extra bit of knowledge that goes a long way.

Yeah, you are right about that. I write from experience, and I hope this doesn't happen again to me. But it is an extra bit of knowledge that goes a long way.
Me too. You are usually the wise one helping, I don't like this one bit. ?

B

BRBsavinWorld

Magnesium deficiency is known to effect the heart.

Also, progesterone is a powerful heart help tool. I guzzled half a bottle of pregnenolone when I had a bad heart reaction to a nausea med, and it went away instantly. Ray has written about the positive effects of progesterone on the heart, that may be something to take alongside some Aromatase inhibitors while fixing the issue.

yerrag

Me too. You are usually the wise one helping, I don't like this one bit. ?

Heart rate being that high is already a red flag, but I also want to be mindful when heart rate goes outside my regular range, be it higher or lower.

Heart rate being that high is already a red flag, but I also want to be mindful when heart rate goes outside my regular range, be it higher or lower.
I got this thread mixed up with your thread. I will take my concern over there....

yerrag

Magnesium deficiency is known to effect the heart.
Yes, it affects the ability of the body to increase its potassium stores.
Also, progesterone is a powerful heart help tool. I guzzled half a bottle of pregnenolone when I had a bad heart reaction to a nausea med, and it went away instantly. Ray has written about the positive effects of progesterone on the heart, that may be something to take alongside some Aromatase inhibitors while fixing the issue.
They're helpful in such situations.

Even better if they can help correct underlying conditions to get the body back to functioning in balance.

It can be quite challenging for many people though, as just getting out of hypothyroid is difficult.

redsun

Cyproheptadine
Doxylamine succinate
Progesterone
Allopregnanolone
Aspirin

And nothing seems to work. With that said, I’ve also not done high doses. But for some reason these supplements are all too stimulating right now. My adrenaline is very high and so most things are stimulant. Resting heart rate is 110 which I haven’t found anything to bring it down yet. Need help dropping the heart rate and sleeping hard every night.

Is there a miracle supplement that could just put me out? Is there something I haven’t thought of?

Any advise would be appreciated!

Its hard to know because we can only speculate what your body chemistry is currently like and we don't know what your diet is like either. But I can give some general recommendations. If your diet is low in choline or very high in vitamin A or both, you should try to increase choline intake and drop high retinol sources (liver) as retinol dose-dependently lowers Ach synthesis, which is an important calming neurotransmitter that antagonizes norepinephrine. Calcium as well helps lower nervous system reactivity to stress, and excess vitamin A if you are a big liver consumer can promote more calcium loss regardless of other factors.

Or if you do deal with a lot of ruminations of past events or world events or whatever it is that is bothering you, and also anhedonia, despair, depression, easy reactivity to stress, then you may even have too much acetylcholine. Again, hard to say with so little info.

Last edited:
OP
Velve921

Velve921

@Velve921 I developed complex-PTSD due to events in my personal life over the past couple of years and the uncontrollable rumination wrecked my sleep and sent me through a tunnel of insomnia that lasted most of last year and drove me to the brink of insanity. I had marginal success with all of the substances you listed, with cyproheptadine being the most effective, but the recovery from the zombie-like state that cyproheptadine puts me in the next day makes it impractical to use regularly.

Regular use of 4-5 drops Pansterone + occasional Androsterone alongside has worked pretty well to calm my system down, at least acutely.

It wasn't until I did a NutrEval test and a hair test mineral analysis that things began to somewhat improve with regard to my own adrenaline surges and tachycardia. I also found that it's likely that I'm undermethylating.

I'm still sifting through and theorizing various conclusions from those tests, but in particular I've found that attempts at putting B vitamins back in balance (P5P and B2 tested low), eating extra beef liver (tested low in copper and folate), and occasionally adding cream of tartar (potassium) to orange juice, all have helped. In addition to the trauma that I went through, I dealt with prolonged post-viral illness for months and threw all kinds of things at that, including experimenting with high doses of thiamine (TTFD). Despite my best efforts to supply myself with thiamine's cofactors (all of the B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, proper glutathione metabolism) I think it threw some things off over time.

So, this is all to suggest that perhaps you've burned through one or more mineral or vitamin markers due to the chronic stress and it's thrown everything for a loop. Might be worth a comprehensive set of labs like the Great Plains OAT or NutrEval and/or HTMA to see where you're at...
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Sleep wise, yes, I am in that place that you are talking about. Allopregnenolone has actually done a great job with calming my thoughts down during the day. Not enough to help with night time as of yet, unfortunately. Thank you for the thoughts!

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Its hard to know because we can only speculate what your body chemistry is currently like and we don't know what your diet is like either. But I can give some general recommendations. If your diet is low in choline or very high in vitamin A or both, you should try to increase choline intake and drop high retinol sources (liver) as retinol dose-dependently lowers Ach synthesis, which is an important calming neurotransmitter that antagonizes norepinephrine. Calcium as well helps lower nervous system reactivity to stress, and excess vitamin A if you are a big liver consumer can promote more calcium loss regardless of other factors.

Or if you do deal with a lot of ruminations of past events or world events or whatever it is that is bothering you, and also anhedonia, despair, depression, easy reactivity to stress, then you may even have too much acetylcholine. Again, hard to say with so little info.

I eat:

Orange Juice
Milk
Gelatin
Ice Cream
Dark Chocolate
Salt

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals