Sleep aids

Jing

What is the best sleep aid to take? Anti histamines only slightly help I need something better.

Vileplume

I've taken over 100mg progesterone doesn't do anything and I've taken over 20mg cyproheptadine doesn't help.
I think if those things don’t help, and even if they did, they’re just bandaids for the problem, which is the cellular energy of your body/organism. What’s your diet like?

I don’t mean to sound redundant and I’m sure you’ve been asked that before, but I’ve seen you post about a variety of problems. One individual supp is unlikely to fix the whole systemic problem. Nailing diet down is the most critical part.

OP
J

Jing

I think if those things don’t help, and even if they did, they’re just bandaids for the problem, which is the cellular energy of your body/organism. What’s your diet like?

I don’t mean to sound redundant and I’m sure you’ve been asked that before, but I’ve seen you post about a variety of problems. One individual supp is unlikely to fix the whole systemic problem. Nailing diet down is the most critical part.
I don't think diet will fix this I've had insomnia all my life and I've had many different diets with no difference to my sleep.

Ben.

· Rain/nature sounds and or binaural beats
· Gutsmashing or rather abdominal triggerpoint release excercises
· L-Ornithine
· GABA supplement (use rarely, not regulary)
· Melatonin supplement (use rarely, not regulary)
· Psoas Rest Release
· Massages in general
· Jacobson's Relaxation Technique
· Gentle lymph drainage/massages
· Lie on the floor for 10-20 minutes relaxing before hitting the bed
· Change the light from your computer/phone screens to orange/red
· Stop using TVs/Phones/Computers 1-2 hours before bedtime
· Dont workout or use other excitatory stimulus to close to bedtime
· No Caffeine after 2 pm (Caffeine circulates somewhere around 8-12 hours in the body, negatively influencing sleep)
· If you do supplement, use Vitamin Bs and Vitamin D in the morning, not later
· Soothing scents like Lavender
· Clean air in the bedroom (use plants known for filtration such as the snake plant or check the nasa plant study for more options)
· Sleeping surface change ( sometimes we need harder or softer surfaces than what we are used to)
· Relaxing nosebreathing (imagine a baby breathe while sleeping - there are also specific techniques one can try)
· Build a ritual for going to sleep which you follow daily before bedtime (brushing teeth, putting on pijama, doing a soothing breathing excercise, praying ... it can be w/e you want it to be)

· Get morning sunlight
· Physically use your muscles troughout the day (preferably most of it in the morning/midday)

Thoose are just from the top of my head and what i find helpfull.

Last edited:

L_C

What is the best sleep aid to take? Anti histamines only slightly help I need something better.
I have had an insomnia for about a year. I think in my case it might be related to endotoxin, bacteria and such (speculating here). Anyway, I started with the combination of 1/2 tsp of charcoal with 25 drops of camphosal. This is the second week I'm taking it and like it a lot. Sleep improved. It's still not 100% perfect but helped a lot.

K

Kaur Singh

I found that I was particularly sensitive to any animal meat / fish / seafood.
Taking those out helped a lot with insomnia.
I was still going to bed a bit late but you know, not at dawn.
Nowdays I am experimenting eating a bit of seafood or chicken soup, I have cravings for it. It seems to be OK so far.

Recently, between a tiny T3/T4 dose and very salty water / broth
it knocks me out pretty quickly.

FitnessMike

If its stress/metabolism related id say nothing helped me like aspirine, two before bed with milk and honey, two in the middle of the night with milk and honey.

Mauritio

For me it was finding the cause of my insomnia ,which was environmental.
I was a frequent user of cyproheptadine and doxylamine succinate ,sometimes daily for long periods of time.

As it turned out it was something in my former apartment. I moved 2 or 3 months ago and since then I haven't taken a single sleeping pill . I was really dependent on them at some point.
Weirdly there is one room in my appartment ,where I still cant very well and deep. And even after 8 or 9 h of sleep wake up with dark circles under my eyes, similar to my old appartment .

I still don't know what it was ,but there must have been something in the air, proably some sort of mold.

But I'm happy I can sleep more normally now.

OP
J

Jing

What really helped me with the sleep is the advise to have very late supper and before the sleep consume 1-2 tbsp of honey.
The advice I have found is in this book.
Eat, Sleep And Slim With Honey
Tried that doesn’t work for me , I should of said at first I have lots of noise in my house which wakes me up multiple times plus just having hard to sleeping aswell so I feel I need a sleep medication .

Herbie

I drink camomile tea but use 4 teabags of the cheapest bags steeped for 20 mins. I have used expensive camomile also high dose progesterone and cypro in the past but this is the best for me.

OP
J

Jing

I drink camomile tea but use 4 teabags of the cheapest bags steeped for 20 mins. I have used expensive camomile also high dose progesterone and cypro in the past but this is the best for me.
Tired camomile many times and progesterone and cypro doesn't work for me =(

OP
J

Jing

I haven't drank alcohol in years but when I did I think I did sleep better but just felt bad the next day and I don't really wanna get dependent on alcohol.

Herbie

I haven't drank alcohol in years but when I did I think I did sleep better but just felt bad the next day and I don't really wanna get dependent on alcohol.
It’s the same for me. I only feel great in the morning if I drink 1 drink per day otherwise I feel bad, so I just don’t drink at all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals