Slade's Summer Fatloss Fad

tankasnowgod

My lamp or light seems to be more of a heat lamp it does give off a very strong heat but it is a red 250 watt bulb lamp. I'll start o use it more again but it's never helped with my acne.

I don't mean to derail the thread so ....

Those heat lamps are good for the systemic effect, but probably won't have much noticeable effect on local acne. I was thinking something like this for pure red or this for the blue red combo. They don't generate heat, so you could put them right next to the problem area, and get a higher and more concentrated dose of light.

jitsmonkey

Why do you believe that eating low fat could drive me crazy? So far I ahve actually felt pretty good. I noticed that eating fat actually makes me feel sluggish, lethargic, and gives me dissociation feelings.

Oh Slade I didn't mean it was bad or would literally make you crazy.
Sometimes super low fat consumption leaves folks feeling a little moody (lower dopamine).
Not everyone and again it just depends on what "low" means to you.
Additionally as you know Ray talks about how fat can help digestion.
but obviously if your mood is on point and your digestion is on point you're good to go.
I actually feel the same as you described when my fat intake gets too high.
sounds like you're all set for " first Peater to ever actually lose weight." :)

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

You need fat, especially saturated fat, in the diet to create testosterone. This is well known among weight lifters. Do you really want to become a girlie man? to quote the governator.

Actually, you need cholesterol to make testosterone. Fat and saturated fat may have just been a surrogate for dietary cholesterol in those studies.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

My lamp or light seems to be more of a heat lamp it does give off a very strong heat but it is a red 250 watt bulb lamp. I'll start o use it more again but it's never helped with my acne.

I don't mean to derail the thread so ....

THOSE LAMPS DONT WORK VERY WELL at least not compared to by rubylux 250w red bulb. The problem with heat lamps is they give off much of their energy as heat instead of bright light. My rubylux gives off little to no heat and is much brighter than my old heat bulbs. I also just got a whopping 400w clear incandescent bulb, nicknamed here "big bad bessy". The male piece in back is too big and I need to find the right sized housing before I can use it...

TubZy

Yes I am PFS but I think I am mostly recoverred at this point. Taking aspirin, caffiene, 5a-dhp and a couple other things I feel pretty good and actually my libido is roaring, especially with nofap. My resting pulse is around 90 too so my thyroid is churning strongly... I took propecia in summer of 2011 so i've had a minute longer than you to recover. Im ready to lose the excess weight now, I think it will help motivate and inspire me in general. Im hoping to get below 200 by next tuesday.

good for man, what the best you had results with? For me seems to be high dose caffeine, 5a-dhp and niacinamide. I want to add in some nicotine lol.

T

tca300

@Such_Saturation Your probably right. I just hear that an awful lot, and it makes no sense to me. Eat too much following any diet parameters and weight gain ( fat ) would be inevitable. I take it personally because to me it feels like a insult to Ray, to claim his diet recommendations are specifically fattening, compared to other " diets".

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

good for man, what the best you had results with? For me seems to be high dose caffeine, 5a-dhp and niacinamide. I want to add in some nicotine lol.

It depends on the effect I want to achieve but today I did coffee + aspirin+ 5adhp +vitamin d +vitamin k2 and felt great. Somdays I will do pansterone or just 1mg pregnenlone + energin or progesterone....

We were trying nicotine a few years ago. I was smoking organic american spirits every day, and it definitely helps increase libido. However it was making my skin look like crap, it was making my chest and lungs hurt and giving me a headache. Then I tried making tea out of the tobacco out of a cigarette, and just a couple sips and I think I nearly died. It put me in a zombie like state for a few hours, I felt naseau, and then I slept it off for 12 hours. I woke up and went through withdrawal for 2 or 3 days, and was having trouble sleeping. apparently turning tobacco into tea is poisonous but smoking isn't, at elast thats what someone posted on longecity.

I stopped experimenting with nicotine after that, now Im scared of it. I think it's much more addictive than caffiene.

Last edited:
Yes I am PFS but I think I am mostly recoverred at this point. Taking aspirin, caffiene, 5a-dhp and a couple other things I feel pretty good and actually my libido is roaring, especially with nofap. My resting pulse is around 90 too so my thyroid is churning strongly... I took propecia in summer of 2011 so i've had a minute longer than you to recover. Im ready to lose the excess weight now, I think it will help motivate and inspire me in general. Im hoping to get below 200 by next tuesday.

what was your breakthrough in making your digestion work better? it seems like e v e r y t h i n g that makes my digestion move faster gives me inflammation.. it's so messed up, i don't know why. i'm talking aspirin, inflammation, cascara, inflammation, magnesium supplement, inflammation... i'm forced to get everything from diet alone, but it doesn't move fast enough lol.

yeah nofap has been a life saver.

TubZy

It depends on the effect I want to achieve but today I did coffee + aspirin+ 5adhp +vitamin d +vitamin k2 and felt great. Somdays I will do pansterone or just 1mg pregnenlone + energin or progesterone....

We were trying nicotine a few years ago. I was smoking organic american spirits every day, and it definitely helps increase libido. However it was making my skin look like crap, it was making my chest and lungs hurt and giving me a headache. Then I tried making tea out of the tobacco out of a cigarette, and just a couple sips and I think I nearly died. It put me in a zombie like state for a few hours, I felt naseau, and then I slept it off for 12 hours. I woke up and went through withdrawal for 2 or 3 days, and was having trouble sleeping. apparently turning tobacco into tea is poisonous but smoking isn't, at elast thats what someone posted on longecity.

I stopped experimenting with nicotine after that, now Im scared of it. I think it's much more addictive than caffiene.

I just got the pure nicotine gum, I think it is 4mg per piece, isn't nicotine by itself safer than cigs,tobacco etc since there are other compounds besides nicotine. I haven't smoked cigs since college and never developed withdrawals oddly enough.

Studies I saw it can increase neurosteroids, decrease estrogen in the brain etc..could be a good addition to caffeine if used at a low dose

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

I just got the pure nicotine gum, I think it is 4mg per piece, isn't nicotine by itself safer than cigs,tobacco etc since there are other compounds besides nicotine. I haven't smoked cigs since college and never developed withdrawals oddly enough.

Studies I saw it can increase neurosteroids, decrease estrogen in the brain etc..could be a good addition to caffeine if used at a low dose

Fair enough but I'm not going to experiment with it until you come back and post about the awesome results you have been having with gum.

On a side not I know Tucker Carlson, the new Fox News primetime man, swears by the stuff. He claims it helepd him quit drinking, which is a big deal for someone on a standard diet.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

what was your breakthrough in making your digestion work better? it seems like e v e r y t h i n g that makes my digestion move faster gives me inflammation.. it's so messed up, i don't know why. i'm talking aspirin, inflammation, cascara, inflammation, magnesium supplement, inflammation... i'm forced to get everything from diet alone, but it doesn't move fast enough lol.

yeah nofap has been a life saver.

Have you tried the carrot salad? Works great for me. Eviscerates any stomach/gut irritation I can feel. Sometimes I take activated charcoal tabs with it, and that seems to be even more effective. Although, too much charcoal makes my bumhole sting.

TubZy

Fair enough but I'm not going to experiment with it until you come back and post about the awesome results you have been having with gum.

On a side not I know Tucker Carlson, the new Fox News primetime man, swears by the stuff. He claims it helepd him quit drinking, which is a big deal for someone on a standard diet.

I don't even remember what nicotine feels like lol.

Haha, I was looking up the info on Tucker and saw this about Obama, didn't know he smoked lol? http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...ama-still-chews-nicorette-to-cut-smoking-urge

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

I don't even remember what nicotine feels like lol.

Haha, I was looking up the info on Tucker and saw this about Obama, didn't know he smoked lol? Obama still chews Nicorette to cut smoking urge

Whoa, just read that and for the first time in my life I am actually in agreement with words that came out of Obama's mouth. My dad used nicotine gum to successfully quit smoking. He's much more laid back and doesn't get angry anymore. I think it also helped that I got him to take preg/aspirin everyday and drink more coffee.

I strongly believe that the benefit most people get from tobacco/nicotine is the thyroid boost. I don't think it will benefit someone with a good thyroid as much.

TubZy

Whoa, just read that and for the first time in my life I am actually in agreement with words that came out of Obama's mouth. My dad used nicotine gum to successfully quit smoking. He's much more laid back and doesn't get angry anymore. I think it also helped that I got him to take preg/aspirin everyday and drink more coffee.

I strongly believe that the benefit most people get from tobacco/nicotine is the thyroid boost. I don't think it will benefit someone with a good thyroid as much.

Check out these threads:
Nicotine [Through A Peat Prism?]
Nicotine Reduces Erectile Response In Nonsmoking Males
Nicotine Uncouples Mitochondria

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Very Interesting about the reduced erectile response, I had not seent hat thread before. But my experience was that I felt like it was reducing my blood flow, or reducing my N.O. or something. But I was mentally much more stimulated, felt more motivated and more androgenic. Without going into graphic detail I hope that makes sense.

superhuman

the first Peater to ever actually lose weight.

The people that does this does not feel the nee to tell others. Also that so many people to this day that follows RP who does not know why and how to gain fat, maintain or loose fat while still "Peating" is mind blowing.

The regular "Peater" you find on the ray peat forums/sites have read a few things on a website about Ray Peat and his philosophies and maybe some "quotes" from his articles etc, all presented by bloggers or others. Very rarely have they read the Ray Peat articles on his website.

The usual takeaways/cliffs for most people after they have read their bits about the "Ray Peat Diet".

- PUFA is bad¨
- Sugar is good
- Saturated fat is good
- The more saturated fat and sugar the better
- Salt is good
- (some) enough animal protein is good

Then they apply this in practice. " Finds the foods that has the most saturated fat, sugar and taste the best and eat 24/7" "Thinks this will solve everything and raise metabolic rate and caloric burn to insane daily numbers while still melting fat off the body".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom