Skin Problem After Peating

Ukall

I don't know, do you guys drink milk on a daily basis?
I've just started reintroducing milk a few days ago and I am starting to have immediately those white spots on my face (which I had in the past when I did drink lots of milk (+ lots of PUFAs)).
Curiously enough, I still have PUFAs on my diet. Less amount, but at least from avocados, olive oil and nuts for sure.
So, I don't know, I think it is very important to say what one person eats before starting making conclusions.

Saying that I got skin problems after Peating, but what does really mean 'Peating' to that person?
Maybe you're 'Peating' with plenty of milk or you're 'Peating' with plenty of potatoes or you're 'Peating' with plenty of rice or you're 'Peating' with plenty of fruits.
If PUFAs can do something to our skin, I think, first of all, it is important to know in what context does it happen.

It's kinda of sad at the amount of side effects and complaints coming from those following the dietary advice found on this forum...
Indeed! Fml, I don't 'Peat' restrictively yet, but I intend to do it. But man, all these negative feedbacks demotivate me so much, that it comes to my head several times to create a new thread with positive results only, which seems to lack in this forum.

Actually I was talking about his recent videos. His new video on hypothyroidism you can see pretty close up. I couldn't notice any problems, in fact his skin seems particularly flawless to me.
Indeed, I wish I had his skin!

Last edited:

EIRE24

I don't know, do you guys drink milk on a daily basis?
I've just started reintroducing milk a few days ago and I am starting to have immediately those white spots on my face (which I had in the past when I did drink lots of milk (+ lots of PUFAs)).
Curiously enough, I still have PUFAs on my diet. Less amount, but at least from avocados, olive oil and nuts for sure.
So, I don't know, I think it is very important to say what one person eats before starting making conclusions.

Saying that I got skin problems after Peating, but what does really mean 'Peating' to that person?
Maybe you're 'Peating' with plenty of milk or you're 'Peating' with plenty of potatoes or you're 'Peating' with plenty of rice or you're 'Peating' with plenty of fruits.
If PUFAs can do something to our skin, I think, first of all, it is important to know in what context does it happen.

Indeed! Fml, I don't 'Peat' restrictively yet, but I intend to do it. But man, all these negative feedbacks demotivate me so much, that it comes to my head several times to create a new thread with positive results only, which seems to lack in this forum.

Indeed, I wish I had his skin!
Have you tried vitamin A too without any positive skin reactions?

Ukall

Have you tried vitamin A too without any positive skin reactions?
No. I am not trying any supplement while I still feel I don't know enough. I prefer to 'toy' with foods instead.
Now, if you are talking about liver, unfortunately, in my country, a good source of liver is rare. So I cannot make any conclusions.

All/any.

Olive oil, a small handful of soaked almonds, sunflower seeds, etc. Omega 6, not 3. About a tablespoon and I'm back to clear, smooth, non-dry skin.
I don't want to sound like I am promoting something, but seriously, if skin is an issue for someone, then try the Wai Diet. But forget milk there.
That's why I emphasized my reintroduction of milk.

Hasen

Where do you get your vit.e from?

She said when she consumes "a small handful of soaked almonds, sunflower seeds, etc" her skin gets better...so I thought it could just as well be vitamin e being boosted that solves her skin problems.

Emstar1892

She said when she consumes "a small handful of soaked almonds, sunflower seeds, etc" her skin gets better...so I thought it could just as well be vitamin e being boosted that solves her skin problems.

Yep, covered that idea. I also wrote that vitamin E supplementation (800IU for 2 months mixed tocopherols) did absolutely nothing!

Agent207

Another fail I realize now is supplementing vitamin e, when you just get it from natural foods when needed, like the avocado, olives, almonds... etc.

Looking at here you will see constant boombing against strogen, serotonin no matter what... and highligthing aspirin, caffeine, cypro... like saviors in our lifes for almost anyone. One person may come here and think its a good idea to try to lower estrogen even if he has perfect hormonal balance.

Try and see what happens to your skin cutting O6s close to none and hitting your estrogen level with stilted dietary ploys when you are previously balanced. The predominant impression when you look at most studies posted here is its conclusion is the way to go no matter how your actual state is. I mean, reading the forum as a healthy newcomer.

Hasen

Yep, covered that idea. I also wrote that vitamin E supplementation (800IU for 2 months mixed tocopherols) did absolutely nothing!

That's just an isolated vitamin. Nuts are full of all kinds of vitamins and minerals, it could be all manner of things that improves your skin. Its hard to say that its the PUFAs. Its like when they blamed sugar for all kinds of things because its in cakes, ice cream etc but then you see that those things also contain PUFAs and maybe its them to blame and not the sugar.

All I'm saying is it may be the PUFAs and equally it may be something else. If you could achieve the same result just by consuming canola oil for a month then maybe.....but since its nuts and seeds which are full of all kinds of things like vitamins, zinc, magnesium etc its very hard to pinpoint it on any one thing. Especially as its over weeks too.

Emstar1892

That's just an isolated vitamin. Nuts are full of all kinds of vitamins and minerals, it could be all manner of things that improves your skin. Its hard to say that its the PUFAs. Its like when they blamed sugar for all kinds of things because its in cakes, ice cream etc but then you see that those things also contain PUFAs and maybe its them to blame and not the sugar.

All I'm saying is it may be the PUFAs and equally it may be something else. If you could achieve the same result just by consuming canola oil for a month then maybe.....but since its nuts and seeds which are full of all kinds of things like vitamins, zinc, magnesium etc its very hard to pinpoint it on any one thing. Especially as its over weeks too.

Yes, I agree with you! It could be anything. But whatever the mystery compound, it's in the omega 6es I'm eating, so I'm going to continue while it keeps my face looking good! (and skin moist/sex drive high/memory functional, etc etc)

tara

I know this is the Ray Peat forum but I find there are many here who aren't quite following Peat exactly ...
There are many here (me included) who don't think there is such a thing as 'following Peat exactly' when it comes to a specific prescribed diet.

Hasen

There are many here (me included) who don't think there is such a thing as 'following Peat exactly' when it comes to a specific prescribed diet.

Well no you can't follow him 'exactly', but its quite easy to see the ones who are going against what he says. Like not consuming more calcium than phosphate, eating any kind of vegetables, not eating high amounts of protein, eating PUFAs, oily fish, not really consuming any sugar etc etc. So far Danny Roddy is the only one I've come across actually following Peat.

OK on that note let's rephrase what I said: I've noticed many not following Ray Peat's advice and guidelines like Danny Roddy does.

raypeatclips

Well no you can't follow him 'exactly', but its quite easy to see the ones who are going against what he says. Like not consuming more calcium than phosphate, eating any kind of vegetables, not eating high amounts of protein, eating PUFAs, oily fish, not really consuming any sugar etc etc. So far Danny Roddy is the only one I've come across actually following Peat.

OK on that note let's rephrase what I said: I've noticed many not following Ray Peat's advice and guidelines like Danny Roddy does.

I'm not sure you have taken into account Peat's overarching advice, which is to worry less, lower stress. You are using Peat's advice too rigidly, like everybody does at the start.

Hasen

I'm not sure you have taken into account Peat's overarching advice, which is to worry less, lower stress. You are using Peat's advice too rigidly, like everybody does at the start.

At the start people follow a diet and then get tired of certain parts of it and so start adding in other things or they have certain reactions to it for various reasons so quit parts of it or all of it. As far as I'm aware, Peat's guidelines haven't changed much or otherwise Danny would have changed his diet. If it has changed then let me know what has changed? Does he allow chicken now? Does he not approve of oysters anymore? Does he think phosphate should be higher then calcium intake instead of the other way around?

Give me some details.

EIRE24

Has anyone ever gotten an itch from taking vitamin A? I took 25'000 IU of vitamin A last night and developed an awful itch in my scalp and face a while afterwards? This could be to do with just dry skin and scalp on its own which I usually have but have never had an itch before? I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the A?

raypeatclips

At the start people follow a diet and then get tired of certain parts of it and so start adding in other things or they have certain reactions to it for various reasons so quit parts of it or all of it. As far as I'm aware, Peat's guidelines haven't changed much or otherwise Danny would have changed his diet. If it has changed then let me know what has changed? Does he allow chicken now? Does he not approve of oysters anymore? Does he think phosphate should be higher then calcium intake instead of the other way around?

Give me some details.

What works for Danny doesn't necessarily work for everybody else. Plenty of people on this forum eat chicken with the skin removed, does that mean they are not following Peat?

Hasen

What works for Danny doesn't necessarily work for everybody else. Plenty of people on this forum eat chicken with the skin removed, does that mean they are not following Peat?

If I eat dairy am I still following paleo? If that's all their doing that's different then maybe that's not extreme but there are many people I've noticed that are doing many things that are not in line with Peat's guidelines on this forum. If you check out Danny Roddy's videos the nutrition becomes quite precise in the calcium and PUFA levels etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals