Skin Health - How To Achieve Youthful Skin

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans @jamies33 how good is activated charcol for the gut? I have read mix reviews.

Any other ideas on how to heal the gut?
Activated charcoal sorted out my gut issues. I used 1 tbsp activated charcoal with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of vinegar twice a day for about two weeks. You might have to do it for longer.
Combine that with a bit of cascara to speed up bowel movements and prevent constipation.
If your gut is bad then you'll not be digesting food well and not absorbing the nutrients. This can lead to a deficiency even though you consume enough of that nutrient through the diet.

If that doesn't work, people report that cyproheptadine works great to solve their digestion issues.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@Hans digestive enzymes should help tho no? Maybe im using enzymes as a crutch but i assume they should help in the process vs no digestive enzymes

I think all diet coke, muscle meats, lack of deep sleep because of stress (over excessive excerise) put a number on my gut. Literally cant have a normal bowel movenent without cascara or something causing gut irrittation leading to dihearrea which is actually relieving.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans digestive enzymes should help tho no? Maybe im using enzymes as a crutch but i assume they should help in the process vs no digestive enzymes

I think all diet coke, muscle meats, lack of deep sleep because of stress (over excessive excerise) put a number on my gut. Literally cant have a normal bowel movenent without cascara or something causing gut irrittation leading to dihearrea which is actually relieving.
Yes digestive enzymes can help but it would be best to start with the AC combo too.

milk_lover

Yeah I vouch for activated charcoal too, but not the granule one. Just simple powdered charcoal. I tried the granule one and it irritates me beyond crazy giving me all sort of digestion and sinus issues. BTW, that experience taught me how sinus/flu is closely related to gut irritation.

MB is really good for skin but it can cause increase in serotonin. I make sure I drink milk with it because calcium helps antagonize serotonin. Try to put 2 drops of it (~800mcg) in a liter of milk. MB along with milk would give a net positive in my limited experience with the combo. Having said that, I only drink goat/camel milk as we have plenty of them in my country.

Vitamin D3 along with K2 is a powerful combo for skin health I think. Niacinamide is great too as some people pointed out in this thread. The increase in NAD from it is a powerful anti-aging technique. Just be careful about the weight increase from it. Less than 300-400mg a day is plenty I think. I find combining taurine with niacinamide can make weight gain from niacinamide less of an issue.

Also, Ca/P is extremely important. Get as much calcium from diet/supplement as you can. Having enough calcium in the diet can increase or help maintain vitamin D3 stores in the body, which gives vitamin D plenty of space to do all sort of good things in the body, not just increase calcium absorption.

Sugar is your friend. It can reduce stress and this can help the skin. Drink Coca Cola if you can't tolerate OJ or fruit juices. Enough sugar in the diet can create cholesterol, the building block of the youthful hormones such as pregnenolone, DHEA, and progesterone. No need to supplement those as they can create unwanted side effects if your body under stress.

Avoid PUFA as much as you can. I am not doing well in that department because I eat out a lot due to the nature of my job. I noticed when I decrease PUFA, my skin glows and my nails become pink. PUFA is so anti metabolism and CO2. Cut bread if you can. If you crave it, you can incorporate it later in fewer quantities and only if it were imported from Italy. Italian wheat is easily digested from my experience. I went to Italy four times and I eat plenty of pasta and pizza with no issues. Maybe I am less stressed in my Italy vacation, which helps me digest wheat better, but I tried it in my country and I still didn't have major issues unlike the regular store flour. Iron and other things in our wheat increase my prolactin. Bovine milk can also increase prolactin.

teds

Forum Supporter
@Nick Borcic
Could you tell us more specifically what you mean? Wrinkles, pigmentation, rosacea, acne? What exactly are you trying to achieve.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@teds skin looks dull and lifeless, always redish skin beside my nose and above my mustache area. I sometimes get like red inflammed skin as if its razor burn but i havent shaved. Skin moisture is gone.

morgan#1

28 male
-210 pounds
-15% roughly bf (probably lower)
-Exercise - 2x week strength training-1.5 months of 2x so i can recover- previously was strength training and doing cardio 4-5x.
-Calories 2500-2800 which consists of mostly eggs, orange juice,milk,maple syrup, chicken breast , liver (once every 1-2 weeks usually 200-400g in one sitting) lowish fat for the most part
- digestion crap still
I would suggest you eat more. Especially since your digestion is not good. When I’m eating 2,600-2,900, I eliminate three-ish times in the am. And I’m a female, very little body fat, 5’4” weighing 123. I lift 3 days a week.

If I were to have as little as you have, my body would eat itself. Possibly the skin takes a beating when you are eating that light. Try it, maybe take the body a week to get used to the increased calories. Possibly you’ll gain, and once the body stabilizes you’ll start to lose weight.

ExCarniv

I would suggest you eat more. Especially since your digestion is not good. When I’m eating 2,600-2,900, I eliminate three-ish times in the am. And I’m a female, very little body fat, 5’4” weighing 123. I lift 3 days a week.

If I were to have as little as you have, my body would eat itself. Possibly the skin takes a beating when you are eating that light. Try it, maybe take the body a week to get used to the increased calories. Possibly you’ll gain, and once the body stabilizes you’ll start to lose weight.

Can you share what you commonly eats? I want my wife to eat a bit like me but I don't know how to approach a female perspective for this way of eating.

Goobz

@Hans

In the past i was taking low dose aromasin to lower estrogen and noticed that it caused bad constipation. My thryoid was bad tsh of 3.2 and both t4 and t3 in the lower end of the reference ranges.

This may be the root of it. Estrogen is required for collagen synthesis and lowering it will be terrible for your skin. I suddenly got crows feet and thin skin with some wrinkles, in my late twenties, after taking letrozole for a few months. The fact that hcg improved your skin, which I believe boosts E2, could be supportive of this.

dreamcatcher

Hello everyone!

Quick bio

-28 male
-210 pounds
-15% roughly bf (probably lower)
-Exercise - 2x week strength training-1.5 months of 2x so i can recover- previously was strength training and doing cardio 4-5x.
-Calories 2500-2800 which consists of mostly eggs, orange juice,milk,maple syrup, chicken breast , liver (once every 1-2 weeks usually 200-400g in one sitting) lowish fat for the most part
- digestion crap still
- taking tyronene roughly 20mcg a day with meals
- caffiene maybe 1 really dark cup with my breakfast

How the hell do i achieve smooth youthful looking skin again?

I know ill get blasted for this but when i was 26 i did HGH and my skin was amazing, hair was amazing as well as my digestion, nails. I read that ray is against hgh and says its a stress hormone. (Off topic but wanted to mention that this is literally the only thing to make my skin look amazing)

I was always under the impression that potassium was directly linked to skin health but again my skin looks dry and pale not youthful and my skin seems really thin and not thick and dense.

Any ideas guys? I still cant sleep throughout the entire night even when im eating over 500 + grams of carbs as mentioned earlier.

Is thyroid directly linked to skin health? I also was under the assumption that estrogen was important for skin health.

Thanks guys!
In regards to the the insomnia, mine resolved after 10 years, after replacing fruits with Ray Peat approved starches. For me, it was a liver related problem. Now I eat fruits in smaller amounts ( sometimes I make a smoothie from a banana and handful of berries with gelatin) and get more carbs from milk. For a hypothyroid person, too much liquids aren't good.

dreamcatcher

I think the fats help with digestion which in turn eliminates inflammation which in turn produces nice skin.

Whenever my diet sucks and my stomach gets upset my skin/hair goes to ***t.

That and fats will help boost your androgens, so that you can feel and look strong without needing to use steroids lol.
High sugar along with a high fat diet is detrimental to health. I wouldn't combine the two. That's how I caused my liver to become fatty..in the past.

dreamcatcher

Are you tracking your food intake on chronometer?
Ensure sufficient zinc:copper, vitamin a/b/c/d/e/k, magnesium, silica, water, etc.

Avoid gluten, linoleic acid (omega-6), binge drinking, dairy, soy, large insulin spikes.

Polyphenols from fruits, cocoa, coffee, etc have been shown to increase skin quality, turnover and resistance to sun damage.

What are you applying topically to the skin? Avoid high PUFA skin oils and harsh chemicals. Use a pH neutral skin cleanser. Moisturise. Apply sunscreen, I’m partial to Biore.
My personal experience is that the body is very intelligent and does a great job when it comes to maintaining skin health. When you start to use a moisturizer, it sends a message to your body to reduce sebum production to keep the skin moist. If any, I would go for hyaluronic acid and niacinamide powder in water (a 4% solution) for sun protection.
I only use water on my skin in general and people complement how healthy it looks.
In the past, I used various skin care products and my skin regularly broke out.

Runenight201

High sugar along with a high fat diet is detrimental to health. I wouldn't combine the two. That's how I caused my liver to become fatty..in the past.

Im not sure where I recommended high sugar and high fat in conjunction, but dietary fat is very important in the diet, and helps immensely with satiation, digestive health, inflammation, and thus in turn skin/hair/tissue health.

dreamcatcher

Im not sure where I recommended high sugar and high fat in conjunction, but dietary fat is very important in the diet, and helps immensely with satiation, digestive health, inflammation, and thus in turn skin/hair/tissue health.
You didn't. I mentioned that in case as I saw that the OP consumes orange juice and only if his sugar/fructose intake is high, then the high fat intake can cause undesired effects

Runenight201

You didn't. I mentioned that in case as I saw that the OP consumes orange juice and only if his sugar/fructose intake is high, then the high fat intake can cause undesired effects

For sure. Too much energy beyond the body’s capability to deal with it causes problems, whether it be a glucose, fructose, sucrose, protein, or fatty acid.

So we don’t want excess energy, in any macronutrient, because it causes overload problems. But then even if one is consuming within their proper caloric ceiling every day, we can run into different types of problems, depending on the type of foods consumed. So there is some optimal ratio of foods to be consumed, so that one feels best, is strong, energetic, vital, etc...

Now what is that optimal ratio? Good lord it’s hard to tell, and I’ve spent a lot of time fleshing it out, but it definitely goes along the lines of ensuring that fat, meat, veggies, and starch are a core component of the diet, and then fruit and milk and other food items are used almost in supplemental fashion, correcting any negative physiological state and/or aiding in achieving desired effects (such as consuming coffee/tea, herbal timctures, etc...)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals