Skin Health - How To Achieve Youthful Skin

ExCarniv

For sure. Too much energy beyond the body’s capability to deal with it causes problems, whether it be a glucose, fructose, sucrose, protein, or fatty acid.

So we don’t want excess energy, in any macronutrient, because it causes overload problems. But then even if one is consuming within their proper caloric ceiling every day, we can run into different types of problems, depending on the type of foods consumed. So there is some optimal ratio of foods to be consumed, so that one feels best, is strong, energetic, vital, etc...

Now what is that optimal ratio? Good lord it’s hard to tell, and I’ve spent a lot of time fleshing it out, but it definitely goes along the lines of ensuring that fat, meat, veggies, and starch are a core component of the diet, and then fruit and milk and other food items are used almost in supplemental fashion, correcting any negative physiological state and/or aiding in achieving desired effects (such as consuming coffee/tea, herbal timctures, etc...)

Every individual need to test their own limits, I found that around 60g of fat per day is a sweetspot for me, less and I have constant hunger, more and I gain weight and have some skin breakouts.

dreamcatcher

For sure. Too much energy beyond the body’s capability to deal with it causes problems, whether it be a glucose, fructose, sucrose, protein, or fatty acid.

So we don’t want excess energy, in any macronutrient, because it causes overload problems. But then even if one is consuming within their proper caloric ceiling every day, we can run into different types of problems, depending on the type of foods consumed. So there is some optimal ratio of foods to be consumed, so that one feels best, is strong, energetic, vital, etc...

Now what is that optimal ratio? Good lord it’s hard to tell, and I’ve spent a lot of time fleshing it out, but it definitely goes along the lines of ensuring that fat, meat, veggies, and starch are a core component of the diet, and then fruit and milk and other food items are used almost in supplemental fashion, correcting any negative physiological state and/or aiding in achieving desired effects (such as consuming coffee/tea, herbal timctures, etc...)
Great thoughts! Our nutritional requirement including macronutrient ratios might change throughout our lives..

Runenight201

Great thoughts! Our nutritional requirement including macronutrient ratios might change throughout our lives..

And could also depend on their sex, activity, digestive health, microbiome content, etc... there’s some algorithm that could probably be ran to determine all the factors and generate the optimal diet per the individual. It may be best to start at a neutral point, such as an even allotment of all the macros, and then adjust up or down based on symptoms experienced.

morgan#1

Can you share what you commonly eats? I want my wife to eat a bit like me but I don't know how to approach a female perspective for this way of eating.
Hi. I do about 120-130 protein, usually 400-500 g carbs, and about 15 %fat. But lately I’ve been upping it to 20 %fat. Interesting I find my digestion is better and I’m more toned, lose a bit of weight at 20 fat.

I think I have more energy at 15 % fat, (but I think my skin didn’t seem as nice and plump), odd because I thought the energy would be the opposite. Maybe, maybe not

I do the normal: lots of fruit, coffee, lots of milk, oj, start out with gelatin in the am. 2 eggs. Cottage cheese, cheese, fage, a bit of chocolate, potato, rice. Maybe once during the week, I’ll have a whey/casein protein shake, no coke, drink pellegrino (carbonation), drink monster. Those two are not peat. Oysters, ground beef, seafood.

I try to bump up the calories at the end of the day I probably have 4 servings of gummy bears. And this is where my extra fat comes in, ice cream end of the day. That’s my favorite, it puts me into really great chill sleep. I haven’t got the optimal diet for me, I think I need to lose all those calories from gummy worms (about 500), and replace it with milk, juice, or something that doesn’t have high fructose corn syrup.

Anyway that’s how you pack in the calories. I do have sourdough once in a while; and I did have birch benders protein pancakes (wheat flour) after the gym, but that’s once a week. Pufas generally below 4, when I’m eating around 20% it’s hard. If you think about it, working out is a +++, you get to eat until your more than satiated, most of your calories go right to your muscles and not fat, those muscles when you’re working out, and maybe when you’re not, they provide testosterone. And so much more about lifting, there are so many benefits, mental health, physical health, dopamine, living stronger and more confident, there’s almost nothing better.

Your body has to get used to the calories, and it will thank you, eventually. Possibly this is to the OP maybe skin will glow and be refreshed if and when you add a couple hundred nutritious calories.

Last edited:

ubiety

In regards to the the insomnia, mine resolved after 10 years, after replacing fruits with Ray Peat approved starches. For me, it was a liver related problem. Now I eat fruits in smaller amounts ( sometimes I make a smoothie from a banana and handful of berries with gelatin) and get more carbs from milk. For a hypothyroid person, too much liquids aren't good.

How did replacing fruit with starches resolve your insomnia?

morgan#1

D9A2B416-CBCB-4A45-B0C1-E825DB2E3701.png 2216630C-A620-46BE-8600-741CC8A8073B.png
Can you share what you commonly eats? I want my wife to eat a bit like me but I don't know how to approach a female perspective for this way of eating.
Sorry, I feel like I didn’t answer your question right to help your wife. Time of day and all that...so I just want to post my Cronometer for one day, yesterday. And then I’ll shut up

I try to eat eggs in the am. But I just didn’t, switch it up. I take 1/2 the supplement about 3 days a week. I take iron about the same, cause I’m below average on ferritin. And I do take a calcium, mag, zinc. And I do take other supplements, mb, niacinamide, b’s, taurine, and dhea, progesterone, pregnenolone, etc. this might be good for the OP too, I take bulk supplements magnesium oxide, keeps me very regular, nice poops, lol.

I did a heavy workout yesterday, that’s why I bumped the calories up. I don’t know if your wife works out...she might want to take it slow in increasing calories. It’s not perfect, and I might alter some things...I might cut out dairy, my joints hurt when I’m having too much dairy, so wild switch. Maybe do more potatoes. I’m not perfect, I’m just trying to figure this all out. I wanna see if that might be better, there are things not optimal. But I definitely feel that it’s very important to have calories/energy/repair.

And seriously, my body fat HAS NOT increased , I’ve gotten leaner and my muscles full. tell her these are all metabolic foods, she shouldn’t be nervous (like I was). When I step on the scale at the gym I get nervous when it’s up to 124. And then yesterday it was 122, I didn’t change what I’m eating. I actually ate more before that. Strange

Last edited:

ExCarniv

View attachment 14516 View attachment 14517
Sorry, I feel like I didn’t answer your question right to help your wife. Time of day and all that...so I just want to post my Cronometer for one day, yesterday. And then I’ll shut up

I try to eat eggs in the am. But I just didn’t, switch it up. I take 1/2 the supplement about 3 days a week. I take iron about the same, cause I’m below average on ferritin. And I do take a calcium, mag, zinc. And I do take other supplements, mb, niacinamide, b’s, taurine, and dhea, progesterone, pregnenolone, etc. this might be good for the OP too, I take bulk supplements magnesium oxide, keeps me very regular, nice poops, lol.

I did a heavy workout yesterday, that’s why I bumped the calories up. I don’t know if your wife works out...she might want to take it slow in increasing calories. It’s not perfect, and I might alter some things...I might cut out dairy, my joints hurt when I’m having too much dairy, so wild switch. Maybe do more potatoes. I’m not perfect, I’m just trying to figure this all out. I wanna see if that might be better, there are things not optimal. But I definitely feel that it’s very important to have calories/energy/repair.

And seriously, my body fat HAS NOT increased , I’ve gotten leaner and my muscles full. tell her these are all metabolic foods, she shouldn’t be nervous (like I was). When I step on the scale at the gym I get nervous when it’s up to 124. And then yesterday it was 122, I didn’t change what I’m eating. I actually ate more before that. Strange

Thank you, this could be a good start for her.

revenant

One thing i will notice is that red light therapy (i bought mine from the link that usually appears at the top of the forum page) for skin is useless. Ive done hours on my face well sepearated throughout the course of a day and havent found any benefit

Not sure what product is, but the cheap ABI 15w lamp I bought has caused some positive changes on the left side of my face (the right side is acting as control). It's quite a powerful light for the money. Less redness, more even skin color, and surprisingly a reduction in the depth of the nasolabial fold (I didn't think anything could affect this).

LeeLemonoil

cAMP levels are important as well as functional Lysyl oxidase condition. Hardly ever discussed but crucial.

Arnold Grape

Things that helped me are: no alcohol; less ice cream; Magnesium (which possibly upped Progesterone levels?); washing my face weekly with baking soda; consuming water when you want it, pregnenolone (not anymore) — I also think the proverbial advice regarding a,d,e,k is relevant (if not grass fed beef in lieu of). I am also convinced that rubbing a minuscule amount of high quality vitamin e directly on the skin is beneficial.

Edit: reduce iron levels — if you see somebody with sanguine red, alcoholic’s variety skin the reason is bc drinking increases iron. Donate blood, etc.

SQu

cAMP levels are important as well as functional Lysyl oxidase condition. Hardly ever discussed but crucial.
Please discuss further! I am also interested in promising substances that can be incorporated into skincare products since I now make my own and it has been an eye opener. I'm already adding limonene.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals