Skin Health - How To Achieve Youthful Skin

Sagitarrius90

Hello everyone!

Quick bio

-28 male
-210 pounds
-15% roughly bf (probably lower)
-Exercise - 2x week strength training-1.5 months of 2x so i can recover- previously was strength training and doing cardio 4-5x.
-Calories 2500-2800 which consists of mostly eggs, orange juice,milk,maple syrup, chicken breast , liver (once every 1-2 weeks usually 200-400g in one sitting) lowish fat for the most part
- digestion crap still
- taking tyronene roughly 20mcg a day with meals
- caffiene maybe 1 really dark cup with my breakfast

How the hell do i achieve smooth youthful looking skin again?

I know ill get blasted for this but when i was 26 i did HGH and my skin was amazing, hair was amazing as well as my digestion, nails. I read that ray is against hgh and says its a stress hormone. (Off topic but wanted to mention that this is literally the only thing to make my skin look amazing)

I was always under the impression that potassium was directly linked to skin health but again my skin looks dry and pale not youthful and my skin seems really thin and not thick and dense.

Any ideas guys? I still cant sleep throughout the entire night even when im eating over 500 + grams of carbs as mentioned earlier.

Is thyroid directly linked to skin health? I also was under the assumption that estrogen was important for skin health.

Thanks guys!

nwo2012

High cortisol wtecks skin, just look at people who use corticosteroids regularly. This would also explain poor sleep. Drop the chicken, replace with beef. Get lots of quality gelatin, oxtail or bone broths and maybe great lakes. Try diamant, maybe P4 from Idealabs, drops cortisone.
HGH probably works because it causes faster growth. Good for skin in short term, not for overall health.
Make RP ice cream and load up on it before bed. Try inclining head of bed too.

olive

Are you tracking your food intake on chronometer?
Ensure sufficient zinc:copper, vitamin a/b/c/d/e/k, magnesium, silica, water, etc.

Avoid gluten, linoleic acid (omega-6), binge drinking, dairy, soy, large insulin spikes.

Polyphenols from fruits, cocoa, coffee, etc have been shown to increase skin quality, turnover and resistance to sun damage.

What are you applying topically to the skin? Avoid high PUFA skin oils and harsh chemicals. Use a pH neutral skin cleanser. Moisturise. Apply sunscreen, I’m partial to Biore.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Does great looking skin depend on that? I supplement zinc if thats what you're getting at.

Runenight201

I would swap out the lean meat with fattier ones. Bacon, beef, pork chops, chicken thighs/sticks etc...

Your digestion is also probably taxed trying to handle all those liquids. I’d recommend less liquids and more solid foods. Fatty meats, veggies, bananas, rice, beans, etc...

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@Runenight201 any idea why? I know muscle meats are bad because of the amino acid profile but in terms of fattier meat im confused as to why that would help my skin

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@baccheion read your post. Jeeze thats alot of stuff you mentioned although super informative. Where would one get medicinal MSM lotion?

What was your iodine protocol you mentioned in that post?

It seems low cortisol is great for youthful skin as when i was on HGH it tanked my cortisol but now since my cortisol is chronically low i actually stay inflamed if that makes sense/takes me longer to recover if i have any blemishes

ddjd

i find regular niacin b3, the one that flushes, is incredible for skin health

Runenight201

@Runenight201 any idea why? I know muscle meats are bad because of the amino acid profile but in terms of fattier meat im confused as to why that would help my skin

I think the fats help with digestion which in turn eliminates inflammation which in turn produces nice skin.

Whenever my diet sucks and my stomach gets upset my skin/hair goes to ***t.

That and fats will help boost your androgens, so that you can feel and look strong without needing to use steroids lol.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@Joeyd what did you notice other than the annoying flush? I find my skin clears up but its because my face just gets red. Eventually it goes back to normal and im back at sqaure one

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

One thing i will notice is that red light therapy (i bought mine from the link that usually appears at the top of the forum page) for skin is useless. Ive done hours on my face well sepearated throughout the course of a day and havent found any benefit

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@Runenight201 i didnt know fats had anything to do with digestion. I guess i have to do more research as i thought the deficiency in thyroid is causing alot of my issues. My tsh was 3.1 and thyroid hormones were low. So thats when i stopped going to gym to recover and started taking low dose tyronene throughout the day to get my levels back up whilst eating more (sugar especially). Ive noticed improvements but no where what my skin used to look like

Runenight201

One thing i will notice is that red light therapy (i bought mine from the link that usually appears at the top of the forum page) for skin is useless. Ive done hours on my face well sepearated throughout the course of a day and havent found any benefit

Im pretty sure red light has a u-shaped response, so if you’re overdoing it you wouldn’t see any benefits. That being said, getting some raw sun on your face for like 5-10 mins prob trumps the red light.

@Runenight201 i didnt know fats had anything to do with digestion. I guess i have to do more research as i thought the deficiency in thyroid is causing alot of my issues. My tsh was 3.1 and thyroid hormones were low. So thats when i stopped going to gym to recover and started taking low dose tyronene throughout the day to get my levels back up whilst eating more (sugar especially). Ive noticed improvements but no where what my skin used to look like

Everything you put into your body affects digestion. It’s a cumulative effect of everything that goes in. Keeping things balanced (in an almost TCM type of implementation), keeps the stomach happy

I would just try it out and see how you feel. Fat is awesome, but can be overdone, which is why it’s important to balance it with protein, starch, fruit, etc...

baccheion

@baccheion read your post. Jeeze thats alot of stuff you mentioned although super informative. Where would one get medicinal MSM lotion?

What was your iodine protocol you mentioned in that post?

It seems low cortisol is great for youthful skin as when i was on HGH it tanked my cortisol but now since my cortisol is chronically low i actually stay inflamed if that makes sense/takes me longer to recover if i have any blemishes
MSM lotion is on Amazon. NWC MSM Lotion and Sun Star Organics Pure & Natural Unscented are two products.

One site sharing more about iodine protocol: Iodine References. See the tests recommended on Optimox's website: Iodoral: Optimox.

Do you have any nutrient deficiencies? Are you taking a multivitamin? Enter meals into Cronometer: Track nutrition & count calories to see if anything is missing. 40% carbs + 40% fat + 20% protein is said to be an androgenic ratio. There's also 40% carbs + 30% fat + 30% protein, the ZONE ratio.

What else was low on labs?

B

Braveheart

i find regular niacin b3, the one that flushes, is incredible for skin health
No mon...maybe so, but Niacinamide B3 is the ticket...for beautiful and anti skin cancer skin....research it...

Hans

Forum Supporter
There is a very clear gut skin axis. Having an abundance of bad bacteria in the gut will affect the bacteria on your skin which controls inflammation, repair, etc.
So keeping the gut clean is key to good skin. This can be done by taking activated charcoal, eating carrot salad, bamboo shoots, white button mushrooms, avoiding gut irritating foods and eating foods that will shift that balance more favorable such as cocoa, coconut oil, fruits, etc.
And then obviously a good diet with lots of nutrients, good protein, carbs and saturated fat.
Make sure you're not deficient in any micro nutrients.
Try to eliminate stress and restore your stress resilience.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@Hans thanks for the help.
Ill look up gut skin relationship but i honestly havent been able to have normal bowels in months. I was even prescribed constella because of my lack of bowel movements.

In the past i was taking low dose aromasin to lower estrogen and noticed that it caused bad constipation. My thryoid was bad tsh of 3.2 and both t4 and t3 in the lower end of the reference ranges.

One thing i have noticed is that dried fruit gets me going again so maybe i just need to do that since it helps. I use digestive enzymes, do the carrot salad to no avail.

I have low cortisol in the AM and it increases as the day goes on (4x saliva test on 2 seperate times years apart)

I actually dont have too much stress at all in my life im actually very happy and confident. I mentioned in my first post i was basically living the bodybuildint lifestyle for 10+ years but dedicated this year to regain my health