Sjögren's syndrome

skuabird

Thanks I will try applying castor oil to eyelids/meibomian glands before going to bed.

It should work according to this study - perhaps because the oil suffocates the demodex mites?

Lol yeah seems like ivermectin can fix everything. I've been wanting to try it for years ever since I read about rosaceans using horse paste containing ivermectin to control their symptoms. Some people have seen their lifelong "acne" gone away with a 14 day ivermectin course.

Cool! I didn't know there was study, just something I tried myself after reading it somewhere. Hope it works for you.

It didn't work for me, but @Nemo has helped me figure out what is going on...I think. I may be a chronic EBV sufferer or simply EBV was reactivated from covid. So I am going to try ivermectin and am already trying h1/h2 blockers.

EchoTango

I would also like to suggest checking to see if you suffer from trichiasis, which is when some eyelashes grow towards your eye, scratching them constantly and causing abrasion and inflammation, exhuasting your stress response. I was surprised when my eye doctor noticed a tiny clear hair through magnification that was the cause of my irritation. Every few weeks a few tiny clear lashes pop up pointing the wrong way. I can pluck them out myself with a magnified mirror.

Thyroid disease is associated with dry eyes.

Aside from trichiasis, I also notice eye problems when estrogen is higher during my cycle.
In Katharina Dalton's book "Once a Month" she notes that progesterone receptor sites are in the eyes, limbic area, nasalpharyngeal passages, breasts, lungs, liver, uterus. In addition to glaucoma and conjunctivitis (red eye) she says "Uveitis and iritis are two other troublesome eye conditions that tend to flare up premenstrually and respond to progesterone treatment."

I think high dose progeterone helps, and I suspect cyproheptadine will be helpful as well.

EchoTango

Also wanted to mention Chinese Medicine's view of dry eyes with regard to "liver heat." Clearing the liver to work more efficiently via vitamin K and caffiene/coffee, clearing endtotoxin can also help. As far as "thyroid disease" goes mentioned above, its often the overburdened liver that creates trouble converting thyroid hormones.

Dr. B

Also wanted to mention Chinese Medicine's view of dry eyes with regard to "liver heat." Clearing the liver to work more efficiently via vitamin K and caffiene/coffee, clearing endtotoxin can also help. As far as "thyroid disease" goes mentioned above, its often the overburdened liver that creates trouble converting thyroid hormones.
how do you clear out endotoxin, besides using charcoal? does vitamin E also improve the liver, and vitamin D? vitamin K2 in the higher, several milligram doses seems to worsen dry eyes somehow. worsens hair shedding also

EchoTango

how do you clear out endotoxin, besides using charcoal? does vitamin E also improve the liver, and vitamin D? vitamin K2 in the higher, several milligram doses seems to worsen dry eyes somehow. worsens hair shedding also
A friend who is a long time TCM practitioner recommended Vitamin E for liver heat/eye issues to protect from oxidized fats. Also sickle pod (cassia, Chinese senna) which is good for the bowels, laxative, also used as a coffee substitute. But, I think coffee is just is well.

Since the liver is congested and things are "sticky" it helps to get the bile flowing, and to keep regular. Everything Peat recommends works synergistally and the functions are interrelated. It is not necessary to go too high with vitamin K or overdo any supplement. I think Ray was wary of charcoal with the small particles that could get into the bloodstream, so I think people are making sure to take it dissolved with coconut oil. the famous carrot salad or bamboo shoots for endotoxin. But also take into account:

-Glycine and/or gelatin, and gelatinous cuts of meat (20-40 gms of gelatin is good, up to 5-10gms of isolated glycine powder is ok. Glycine Protects From Iron Toxicity In The Liver, Gelatin, stress, longevity

-Taurine (.5-1 gram) and/or something bitter for bile flow. taurine also helps storing glycogen

-Honey and fruits that feed the liver, but make sure you have your B vitamins covered if you need help handling the sugar

-glycogen storage can be optimized with things like famotidine - will give you steady energy, less stress crashes

-making sure you get a full 100grams minimum of high quality protein whether you are big or small (dairy, potato, gelatin, seafood, meat, offal (i.e. liver)) helps the liver function

-Coconut oil also feeds liver and protects from fat oxidizing like Vitamin E, I heard Ray recommend a little tsp with every meal

-NDT - when I first starting taking my liver switched "on" and I got heavy detox, large hives weeping gunk for 10 days. Oddly I felt better and without reoccurrence. (Liver congestion also causes hives/urticaria)

-Cyproheptadine or low dose is lsd derivatives are antifibrotic Cyproheptadine, LSD-based Drugs Can Regenerate Damaged Liver

Last edited:

Dr. B

A friend who is a long time TCM practitioner recommended Vitamin E for liver heat/eye issues to protect from oxidized fats. Also sickle pod (cassia, Chinese senna) which is good for the bowels, laxative, also used as a coffee substitute. But, I think coffee is just is well.

Since the liver is congested and things are "sticky" it helps to get the bile flowing, and to keep regular. Everything Peat recommends works synergistally and the functions are interrelated. It is not necessary to go too high with vitamin K or overdo any supplement. I think Ray was wary of charcoal with the small particles that could get into the bloodstream, so I think people are making sure to take it dissolved with coconut oil. the famous carrot salad or bamboo shoots for endotoxin. But also take into account:

-Glycine and/or gelatin, and gelatinous cuts of meat (20-40 gms of gelatin is good, up to 5-10gms of isolated glycine powder is ok. Glycine Protects From Iron Toxicity In The Liver, Gelatin, stress, longevity

-Taurine (.5-1 gram) and/or something bitter for bile flow. taurine also helps storing glycogen

-Honey and fruits that feed the liver, but make sure you have your B vitamins covered if you need help handling the sugar

-glycogen storage can be optimized with things like famotidine - will give you steady energy, less stress crashes

-making sure you get a full 100grams minimum of high quality protein whether you are big or small (dairy, potato, gelatin, seafood, meat, offal (i.e. liver)) helps the liver function

-Coconut oil also feeds liver and protects from fat oxidizing like Vitamin E, I heard Ray recommend a little tsp with every meal

-NDT - when I first starting taking my liver switched "on" and I got heavy detox, large hives weeping gunk for 10 days. Oddly I felt better and without reoccurrence. (Liver congestion also causes hives/urticaria)

-Cyproheptadine or low dose is lsd derivatives are antifibrotic Cyproheptadine, LSD-based Drugs Can Regenerate Damaged Liver

i saw Rays comments on charcoal, wouldn't that charcoal particle issue be completely negated if you take activated charcoal capsules? as that should allow them to get to the digestive tract before the charcoals released in powder form?
interesting stuff. taurine seems to have some issues
dont honey, fruits, maple syrup and all natural sugars, provide all necessary b vitamins needed for sugar? orange juice at least, has things like folate, b1, b6 and more
lsd drugs like lisuride? how do those regenerate damaged liver, dont they increase serotonin? is it possible they regenerate all organs and glands then? like the saliva glands/tear glands/eyes in the case of sjogrens?

EchoTango

i saw Rays comments on charcoal, wouldn't that charcoal particle issue be completely negated if you take activated charcoal capsules? as that should allow them to get to the digestive tract before the charcoals released in powder form?
interesting stuff. taurine seems to have some issues
dont honey, fruits, maple syrup and all natural sugars, provide all necessary b vitamins needed for sugar? orange juice at least, has things like folate, b1, b6 and more
lsd drugs like lisuride? how do those regenerate damaged liver, dont they increase serotonin? is it possible they regenerate all organs and glands then? like the saliva glands/tear glands/eyes in the case of sjogrens?

Yes, is it persorbtion or presorbtion? I think Ray was worried the starch or charcoal particles would enter the blood through leaky gut. And recommended adding fat.

What issues have you come across with Taurine so far?

Yes, you are right, the b-vitamins are present with the fruits also a lot in liver. I think it just depends on how deep a hole you are trying to climb out of. Some additional b-vitamins (in their active forms) can be therapeutic for various reasons connected to energy metabolism, in particular thiamine, pyroxidal-5-phosphate, biotin, riboflavin, niacinimide dosed as needed.

Last edited:

EchoTango

I think the dose is key and ought to be used infrequently and respectfully in the context of a nutritious diet and health promoting lifestyle/environment. My experience is primarily with sacred mushrooms to miraculous effect and from a scientific materialist standpoint they are working on similar receptors as lsd and its derivatives. Though in much of the literature they simplistically interpret the function of these substances as "increasing serotonin" it is much more dynamic. You may already be aware of his work, but Robin Carhart-Harris has researched the effects of psychedelics and speaks of the serotonin 2A receptor as a "change system", he says the receptor plays a role in brain growth and expansion of the brain, in embryo brains, and neuroplasticity, regulation/disregulation of cognitive connections in adults. So if glands and organs are damaged from chronic stress patterns, dysfunction and trauma, working on the regulation of the serotonin 2A system could be fruitful. Cyproheptadine also works here as an "antagonist". Of course this must be done on the foundation of solid nutrition and attention to the inner world.

I think lisuride and cyproheptadine at very low dose are very promising in that depending where you are in life, you can take these with benefit and without having to undergo major ego death/ordeal which could cause too much upheaval with your external life and relationships - therefore more stress and hard on the adrenals that may already be busted for overcompensating for the suppressed liver and thyroid. The change can come, but more gradually. And yes, the organs and glands can regenerate.

See the clip at 2:10 and 17:00 min in

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bydJ-C2uxTg

Dr. B

Yes, is it persorbtion or presorbtion? I think Ray was worried the starch or charcoal particles would enter the blood through leaky gut. And recommended adding fat.

What issues have you come across with Taurine so far?

Yes, you are right, the b-vitamins are present with the fruits also a lot in liver. I think it just depends on how deep a hole you are trying to climb out of. Some additional b-vitamins (in their active forms) can be therapeutic for various reasons connected to energy metabolism, in particular thiamine, pyroxidal-5-phosphate, biotin, riboflavin, niacinimide dosed as needed.
persorption i think. charcoal companies say charcoal has adsorption effects or something.
seems to cause fatigue, seems to cause constipation in a dose dependent manner. it has anti anxiety effects but otherwise seems to slow things down. it seems like it could lower body temps too...
beta alanine has the exact opposite effects, seems to wire you up, even causes wild dreams if taken soon before bedtime, causes diarrhea in a dose dependent manner, increases anxiety levels. not sure about body temp effects

I think the dose is key and ought to be used infrequently and respectfully in the context of a nutritious diet and health promoting lifestyle/environment. My experience is primarily with sacred mushrooms to miraculous effect and from a scientific materialist standpoint they are working on similar receptors as lsd and its derivatives. Though in much of the literature they simplistically interpret the function of these substances as "increasing serotonin" it is much more dynamic. You may already be aware of his work, but Robin Carhart-Harris has researched the effects of psychedelics and speaks of the serotonin 2A receptor as a "change system", he says the receptor plays a role in brain growth and expansion of the brain, in embryo brains, and neuroplasticity, regulation/disregulation of cognitive connections in adults. So if glands and organs are damaged from chronic stress patterns, dysfunction and trauma, working on the regulation of the serotonin 2A system could be fruitful. Cyproheptadine also works here as an "antagonist". Of course this must be done on the foundation of solid nutrition and attention to the inner world.

I think lisuride and cyproheptadine at very low dose are very promising in that depending where you are in life, you can take these with benefit and without having to undergo major ego death/ordeal which could cause too much upheaval with your external life and relationships - therefore more stress and hard on the adrenals that may already be busted for overcompensating for the suppressed liver and thyroid. The change can come, but more gradually. And yes, the organs and glands can regenerate.

See the clip at 2:10 and 17:00 min in

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bydJ-C2uxTg

by what mechanism would you say lisuride and cyproheptadine promote organ/gland growth and regeneration? what other substances would help regenerate organs and glands, besides obviously the basic macros and micros like vitamins/minerals, proteins, carbs, fats.

EchoTango

by what mechanism would you say lisuride and cyproheptadine promote organ/gland growth and regeneration? what other substances would help regenerate organs and glands, besides obviously the basic macros and micros like vitamins/minerals, proteins, carbs, fats.
That's a complex question because mechanistic language can only scratch the surface of how something works, it can help you satisfy your intellect to a certain point or screen for what judgement to rule, but it is no substitute for experience. It seems that lisuride and cyproheptadine (in their own ways) modulate/regulate the 5htp-2a receptor which is associated with functions such as neural-plasticity and regeneration of the brain. Experientialy this may mean past traumas surface, and patterns lift that were associated with disease states, correspondingly the tissue healing would correlate with psychological insights and resolutions that break the pattern of chronic, draining stress responses (disregulated HPA axis etc).
Dr. Ray Peat said:
"If your thyroid is working efficiently, your pituitary doesn't have much to do and you're not likely to get a pituitary tumor, your adrenals don't have much to do, and your ovaries don't get over stimulated. The other glands have an easy job when your thyroid is working right. If your thyroid gets interfered with, you have to rev up your adrenals and your pituitary becomes commander in chief and tells everyone what to do."

Supplemental thyroid, progesterone, and pregnenolone tailored to the individual can assist with regenerating the body until it can produce it's own hormones again without reverting to the damaging stress hormone cascade. Progesterone Summaries - Progesterone Deceptions - Progesterone Supplementation - Dosage of Progesterone

In experiments, progesterone was found to be the basic hormone of adaptation and of resistance to stress. The adrenal glands use it to produce their antistress hormones, and when there is enough progesterone, they don't have to produce the potentially harmful cortisol. In a progesterone deficiency, we produce too much cortisol, and excessive cortisol causes osteoporosis, aging of the skin, damage to brain cells, and the accumulation of fat, especially on the back and abdomen.

Experiments have shown that progesterone relieves anxiety, improves memory, protects brain cells, and even prevents epileptic seizures. It promotes respiration, and has been used to correct emphysema. In the circulatory system, it prevents bulging veins by increasing the tone of blood vessels, and improves the efficiency of the heart. It reverses many of the signs of aging in the skin, and promotes healthy bone growth. It can relieve many types of arthritis, and helps a variety of immunological problems.

Ray Peat said:

“Thyroid is needed for the adrenals to function well, and adequate cholesterol, as raw material. It’s popular to talk about ‘weak adrenals,’ but the adrenal cortex regenerates very well. Animal experimenters can make animals that lack the adrenal medulla by scooping out everything inside the adrenal capsule, and the remaining cells quickly regenerate the steroid producing tissues, the cortex. So I think the ‘low adrenal’ people are simply low thyroid, or deficient in cholesterol or nutrients.”
— Raymond Peat, PhD

Dr. B

That's a complex question because mechanistic language can only scratch the surface of how something works, it can help you satisfy your intellect to a certain point or screen for what judgement to rule, but it is no substitute for experience. It seems that lisuride and cyproheptadine (in their own ways) modulate/regulate the 5htp-2a receptor which is associated with functions such as neural-plasticity and regeneration of the brain. Experientialy this may mean past traumas surface, and patterns lift that were associated with disease states, correspondingly the tissue healing would correlate with psychological insights and resolutions that break the pattern of chronic, draining stress responses (disregulated HPA axis etc).

Supplemental thyroid, progesterone, and pregnenolone tailored to the individual can assist with regenerating the body until it can produce it's own hormones again without reverting to the damaging stress hormone cascade. Progesterone Summaries - Progesterone Deceptions - Progesterone Supplementation - Dosage of Progesterone

so lisuride, progesterone, should help, supplemental thyroid means T3, or t4/t3 mix? what about a progesterone dhea combination like idealabs which iirc is like 5mg or 3mg progesterone per 1mg dhea? is that useful, how much lisuride and progesterone/dhea should be used daily friend?
should i just use an entire bottle lisuride and progesterone/dhea at once?

EchoTango

persorption i think. charcoal companies say charcoal has adsorption effects or something.
seems to cause fatigue, seems to cause constipation in a dose dependent manner.
Yes, that is a good point. I find charcoal unreliable for those reasons. And am fond of soaked prunes.

rheumatologist didnt want to put me on prednisone both since i was male, young, and the antibodies were only so slightly elevated (some people have them in the thousands).

when i used ancestral supplements liver, bone marrow, thyroid/spleen and a few other organ supplements, that seemed to cause some improvement in the dry eyes and mouth.

Did you also take selenium when you were taking iodine?
Although they get a bad rap on these forums, I have also had good experience with Dr. Ron's freeze dried organs, including brain (which I think has some bioavailable hormones in it that made me feel balanced) but people are concerned about the prions etc. I take brain, heart, thymus and kidney maybe once a week for convenience. And stopped taking the spleen until I know more about how much serotonin it contains, since serotonin uptake is high in the spleen.

Everyone is also looking at screens a lot which is hard on the eyes. I use orange glasses and a screen filter, but there are so many interesting things to learn about.. I can easily stay online too long. *especially researching health ;)
so lisuride, progesterone, should help, supplemental thyroid means T3, or t4/t3 mix? what about a progesterone dhea combination like idealabs which iirc is like 5mg or 3mg progesterone per 1mg dhea? is that useful, how much lisuride and progesterone/dhea should be used daily friend?
should i just use an entire bottle lisuride and progesterone/dhea at once?
I haven't personally tried pansterone or separate t3/t4, but I see that many do use those products with success. I'm just taking a freeze dried whole thyroid, little 10mg doses whenever I eat. So, since you are a "Mr." I think pansterone would be a possible candidate to try since taking the low dose can prevent DHEA from converting to estrogen. I think you said you had some issue with DHEA before though? I'm a woman, so use progesterone very liberally during the 2nd half of my period and as needed, but Ray says for men under 60 it can temporarily lower testosterone and that could be problematic. There are some interesting observations in this thread Progesterone In Men Taking a low 3mg dose spread over a day seems conservative and would be a good short-term experiment since it is supportive of the thyroid which seems to have been harmed by the iodine.

But, if you haven't I would first try thyroid *and making sure glycogen stores are optimal* and see what happens before you try progesterone. You are young and it may only take some small nudges to get you on track.

Also, its important to mention that your appetite may increase, it is important to have strong glycogen stores to keep steady energy. While taking lisuride or progesterone take it on a full stomach. Progesterone needs sugar (see Dalton's 3 hourly starch diet) and Lisuride could speed metabolism. Just have some snacks and salt/juice on hand just in case.

I'm not a proponent of the perfect health diet ratios etc., but Jaminet's article does touch on how the mucous membranes need glucose to stay moist. Dry eyes Archives - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet *People either intentionally or unintentionally on keto/low carb diets deplete their glycogen stores, which causes the body to run off stress and at such an energy deficit, the body is weakened without enough sugars to form the protective mucous membranes. I eat fruit and honey, and organic cane sugar to good effect, but my eyes and energy are best when I eat good waxy potatoes at least one meal a day.

Apparently, with a quick search many sources report iodine can clear mucus, so maybe too much mucus got cleared and you just need some time to replenish your stores?

Last edited:

Dr. B

Yes, that is a good point. I find charcoal unreliable for those reasons. And am fond of soaked prunes.

Did you also take selenium when you were taking iodine?
Although they get a bad rap on these forums, I have also had good experience with Dr. Ron's freeze dried organs, including brain (which I think has some bioavailable hormones in it that made me feel balanced) but people are concerned about the prions etc. I take brain, heart, thymus and kidney maybe once a week for convenience. And stopped taking the spleen until I know more about how much serotonin it contains, since serotonin uptake is high in the spleen.

Everyone is also looking at screens a lot which is hard on the eyes. I use orange glasses and a screen filter, but there are so many interesting things to learn about.. I can easily stay online too long. *especially researching health ;)

I haven't personally tried pansterone or separate t3/t4, but I see that many do use those products with success. I'm just taking a freeze dried whole thyroid, little 10mg doses whenever I eat. So, since you are a "Mr." I think pansterone would be a possible candidate to try since taking the low dose can prevent DHEA from converting to estrogen. I think you said you had some issue with DHEA before though? I'm a woman, so use progesterone very liberally during the 2nd half of my period and as needed, but Ray says for men under 60 it can temporarily lower testosterone and that could be problematic. There are some interesting observations in this thread Progesterone In Men Taking a low 3mg dose spread over a day seems conservative and would be a good short-term experiment since it is supportive of the thyroid which seems to have been harmed by the iodine.

But, if you haven't I would first try thyroid *and making sure glycogen stores are optimal* and see what happens before you try progesterone. You are young and it may only take some small nudges to get you on track.

Also, its important to mention that your appetite may increase, it is important to have strong glycogen stores to keep steady energy. While taking lisuride or progesterone take it on a full stomach. Progesterone needs sugar (see Dalton's 3 hourly starch diet) and Lisuride could speed metabolism. Just have some snacks and salt/juice on hand just in case.

I'm not a proponent of the perfect health diet ratios etc., but Jaminet's article does touch on how the mucous membranes need glucose to stay moist. Dry eyes Archives - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet *People either intentionally or unintentionally on keto/low carb diets deplete their glycogen stores, which causes the body to run off stress and at such an energy deficit, the body is weakened without enough sugars to form the protective mucous membranes. I eat fruit and honey, and organic cane sugar to good effect, but my eyes and energy are best when I eat good waxy potatoes at least one meal a day.

Apparently, with a quick search many sources report iodine can clear mucus, so maybe too much mucus got cleared and you just need some time to replenish your stores?
yep took selenium alongside it, and it set off some sort of crazy hypothyroid and sjogrens symptoms. like significant weight gain, ball shrinking, eye drying, fatigue, thyroid burning sensation.

i have some of ancestral supplements beef products, he says the brain is safer and mad cow disease doesnt exist in new zealand cows and theyre highly inspected for diseases and everything.
im curious if their cows are vaccinated and if usda organic cows are vaccinated or does organic mean vaccine free?

i used a small amount dhea alongside pregnenolone, and the dhea seemed to cause significant nipple tenderness as well as hair loss/itchy scalp.
however, i am thinking of using some cortinon, where the progesterone is 3mg and dhea 1mg i think, per serving. when i tried dhea, it was about 10mg split into two 5mg doses during the day, and taken alongside pregnenolone. with progesterone, it may be safer.

I have burned up muscle tissue and slowed down metabolism from using standalone T3. not sure how it works, but it seems to convert to cortisol or increase it somehow. i dont think its safe unless you also keep the dose very very low.

do you know how lisuride would work or what makes it so useful for regenerating organs and glands? is it due to it increasing dopamine or which hormones does it boost and which does it decrease?

would progesterone boost fat burning too or does it burn sugar only?
does progesterone help the thyroid gland regenerate or does it simply boost thyroid function which seemingly many things can do? Rays mentioned progesterone can cause a "release of stored thyroid hormone" im not sure how that works but makes it seem like it could potentially cause an iodine like effect where it inflames the thyroid or something?

the iodine usage, 3-4mg of potassium iodide once a week for 6 weeks caused a 21 pounds weight gain, severe fatigue, lower temperatures, hair thinning, shrunk testes, dried out eyes, etc. im not sure what it does but seems it lowers thyroid drastically and drastically upregulates cortisol or estrogens

skuabird

I tried antihistamines for three and a half days plus ivm. My parotid gland swelling went way down and I realized my eyes were a lot brighter/open (because the swelling above my eye was also gone)

However, I am two days out now and it's coming back. I have a headache, confusion, fatigue, more gland swelling, this time with a need to clear my throat for a while after eating. I really think its attacking my kidneys too. It is kind of like diabetes but not hungry/thirsty or aggitated. Just forgetful and confused. I hope to go to the dr soon...but if it is sjogren's, i'm not sure treatment will be all that helpful.

Maybe treating underlying stress/cortisol? This sucks. I'll be following the thread

EchoTango

the iodine usage, 3-4mg of potassium iodide once a week for 6 weeks caused a 21 pounds weight gain, severe fatigue, lower temperatures, hair thinning, shrunk testes, dried out eyes, etc. im not sure what it does but seems it lowers thyroid drastically and drastically upregulates cortisol or estrogens
I have read people with hashimotos (high TSH) can react negatively to iodine. What were your motivations for taking it? I took iodine a few years ago, and was bitten by it rather than helped.

How is your temperature? Pulse? Are you sleeping through the night?

I have burned up muscle tissue and slowed down metabolism from using standalone T3. not sure how it works, but it seems to convert to cortisol or increase it somehow. i dont think its safe unless you also keep the dose very very low.

Some people have trouble supplementing with thyroid due to low cortisol, or possibly constantly exhausted cortisol - from running on the stress system. If your muscle is burning for fuel, that could indicate you are breaking protein down for energy because there isn't enough energy available from food/glycogen.

do you know how lisuride would work or what makes it so useful for regenerating organs and glands? is it due to it increasing dopamine or which hormones does it boost and which does it decrease?

My thoughts on lisuride are researched-based speculation, and experientially based off my encounters with similar compounds in the sacred mushroom (instances of aborting migraines, releiving all sensations of heaviness, feeling of heaven on earth in the body, etc. which had some lasting effects, but mostly unsustainable due to lack of proper nutrition and environmental stress). When I know more I will report back to you.

i am thinking of using some cortinon, where the progesterone is 3mg and dhea 1mg i think, per serving.

The ratio for cortinon sounds much more gentle - if it works for you it would be really helpful to give your body a break until you can build yourself back up and produce your own hormones endogenously.

What things have you found helpful so far? How is your appetite? Do you have some food you enjoy eating? and some activity that helps you feel grounded and good in your body? I'm interested in what has been beneficial for you so far?

EchoTango

Some people have trouble supplementing with thyroid due to low cortisol, or possibly constantly exhausted cortisol - from running on the stress system. If your muscle is burning for fuel, that could indicate you are breaking protein down for energy because there isn't enough energy available from food/glycogen.
If cortisol is constantly high, stress is high it blocks conversion of the thyroid in the liver and continues the process of stress, aging and metabolic dysfunction.
First thing to address is breaking this stress cycle, liver sugar storage glycogen maximized so you can have steady energy. Also in chinese medicine, to draw a comparison, a congee, which is a long cooked porridge of rice and water, is recommended to help with poor digestion, it brings moisture back into the tissues, eyes, skin. The starch is well broken down through slow cooking. Ray recommends potato juice porridge. But if you can handle some whole potato that is good too.