Sitaruîm's Journey

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hello everyone, I thought I'd update you all on a matter that does not concern health, but is extremely important to me. Since I began writing stuff on my blog I've received some good feedback for what I've written. A particularly close friend of mine told me that my project can't be just another blog, that it should be more than that. My announcement is that I opened up a Patreon page and I will make an attempt to at least get some money with it and see where things go.

If you like my writing and wish to support me, I'll appreciate your checking out my blog and Patreon page, thank you guys.

Last edited:
OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hi everyone, I wanted to update everyone on my dandruff situation. I've had dandruff for a long time, it's never been too much but at times my whole scalp was covered with big flakes. Lately I've been making the effort of getting a lot of sunlight and since doing so my dandruff has essentially disappeared. My experience then matches that of @Hans (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLdbqUJeM8I
).

What I do is I get at least 20 minutes of sun soon after getting up, and then throughout the day I get at least 2 hours of sunlight by taking walks or working out outside. I am now coming to the conclusion that lifestyle is just as important a factor as diet, and this may be the reason why so many people on this forum are struggling with problems even if their diet is decent.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I wanted to update everyone on my dandruff situation. I've had dandruff for a long time, it's never been too much but at times my whole scalp was covered with big flakes. Lately I've been making the effort of getting a lot of sunlight and since doing so my dandruff has essentially disappeared. My experience then matches that of @Hans (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLdbqUJeM8I
).

What I do is I get at least 20 minutes of sun soon after getting up, and then throughout the day I get at least 2 hours of sunlight by taking walks or working out outside. I am now coming to the conclusion that lifestyle is just as important a factor as diet, and this may be the reason why so many people on this forum are struggling with problems even if their diet is decent.

I think you are totally right about what you said at the end….

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

I came up with something after brushing my teeth today and seeing zero blood. Usually, when I brush my teeth I end up spitting a fair amount of blood from my gums. My gums never bleed on their own, only when I brush. Today, a few days had passed since I had last brushed my teeth and I brushed them and no blood came out. This led me to think that my gums weren't bleeding because of periodontal issues but because of the brushing.
My brush has quite stiff hairs, so I'll switch to one with the softest hairs I can find and brush very gently, hopefully I can continue brushing blood-free.

I came up with something after brushing my teeth today and seeing zero blood. Usually, when I brush my teeth I end up spitting a fair amount of blood from my gums. My gums never bleed on their own, only when I brush. Today, a few days had passed since I had last brushed my teeth and I brushed them and no blood came out. This led me to think that my gums weren't bleeding because of periodontal issues but because of the brushing.
My brush has quite stiff hairs, so I'll switch to one with the softest hairs I can find and brush very gently, hopefully I can continue brushing blood-free.
My gums only bleed when I am high on vitamin E and low on vitamin K1. “O” blood types have thin blood.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hello everyone,

As forum members tend to deduce, when people fix their problems they tend to disappear from this type of community. I wanted to update everyone on how I've been doing. Life is good, I have achieved a level of wellbeing that is similar to that of a carefree child who gets to play all day. This mood has been consistent for the past 5 months at least, no hiccups. And the way things are going I'm very confident that it will remain so indefinitely.
Of utmost importance was to get a sense of purpose, which I have acquired tangibly through new hobbies. I hope everybody is doing well and feel free to ask me anything if you want to know more details.
Cheers.

Hello everyone,

As forum members tend to deduce, when people fix their problems they tend to disappear from this type of community. I wanted to update everyone on how I've been doing. Life is good, I have achieved a level of wellbeing that is similar to that of a carefree child who gets to play all day. This mood has been consistent for the past 5 months at least, no hiccups. And the way things are going I'm very confident that it will remain so indefinitely.
Of utmost importance was to get a sense of purpose, which I have acquired tangibly through new hobbies. I hope everybody is doing well and feel free to ask me anything if you want to know more details.
Cheers.
Thanks for the inspiring news! How’s your gums?

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Thanks for the inspiring news! How’s your gums?
Gums are alright. I've been oil pulling with lugol's iodine in an attempt to maintain oral health. Bleeding varies from almost no bleeding to some bleeding, but only when brushing. They don't feel inflamed and they don't hurt so I'm happy enough.

The only issue I've had as of late is that of spots on my face. It's rather minor, usually I have only one or two spots in my cheek area and as one heals another one tends to appear. I'm relaxedly testing for offensive foods because the things that matter to me most are right where I want them.

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_175844275.jpg
    IMG_20221204_175844275.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 21
Gums are alright. I've been oil pulling with lugol's iodine in an attempt to maintain oral health. Bleeding varies from almost no bleeding to some bleeding, but only when brushing. They don't feel inflamed and they don't hurt so I'm happy enough.

The only issue I've had as of late is that of spots on my face. It's rather minor, usually I have only one or two spots in my cheek area and as one heals another one tends to appear. I'm relaxedly testing for offensive foods because the things that matter to me most are right where I want them.
They don’t look like acne spots do they!

I don't really know what to call them. It's the only skin issue I've had, so there's nothing I can compare them to. I googled "zit" and maybe it's that, which google says is a synonym of "pimple."
Do they come up only on that same spot? Just put a little water and baking soda on them, It should dry them up quick.

OliviaD

Hello everyone,

Cheers.
Hi - I enjoyed reading the story of your journey 1. re: the bleeding with brushing - sounds like you are correct about the toothbrush being too stiff. I was always told to use a very soft toothbrush. If you haven't already, that would be a good change.

Are you still taking the Olanzapine? I am interested in your experience as my nephew is living with me; and has been having some mental health issues. He is about your age - 26; and is having terrible side effects - the akathisia from the anti-psychotic they put him on - Haldol. I've been doing a lot of research re: these meds, including the "second generation" ones, like the one you are on. I admit - I have been very biased against them due to the awful side effect profiles they all have. However, it sounds like you have had a very positive experience with the Olanzapine - are you still taking it? Do you plan to wean off of it? It does seem like perhaps these drugs may have a benefit, but could possibly be used when needed, then discontinued. In the U.S. it seems like the norm is to put people on drugs, and then tell them they need it for the rest of their life. I am interested in any feedback, and glad you are doing so well.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hi - I enjoyed reading the story of your journey 1. re: the bleeding with brushing - sounds like you are correct about the toothbrush being too stiff. I was always told to use a very soft toothbrush. If you haven't already, that would be a good change.

Are you still taking the Olanzapine? I am interested in your experience as my nephew is living with me; and has been having some mental health issues. He is about your age - 26; and is having terrible side effects - the akathisia from the anti-psychotic they put him on - Haldol. I've been doing a lot of research re: these meds, including the "second generation" ones, like the one you are on. I admit - I have been very biased against them due to the awful side effect profiles they all have. However, it sounds like you have had a very positive experience with the Olanzapine - are you still taking it? Do you plan to wean off of it? It does seem like perhaps these drugs may have a benefit, but could possibly be used when needed, then discontinued. In the U.S. it seems like the norm is to put people on drugs, and then tell them they need it for the rest of their life. I am interested in any feedback, and glad you are doing so well.
Hello, I'm sorry about your nephew's issues. I ended up switching over to quetiapine from olanzapine. They are very similar compounds. I am just done weaning off of quetiapine. I don't know how serious your nephew's case is, but I'm always gonna be a proponent of fixing a person's issues by fixing their environment as a whole, and not with a lifetime intake of a drug. If the drug helps in the short term that's alright, but I believe most people should not be dependent on it. You could try one of the second generation drugs, the tapering off has been rather easy for me, if that's any help.