Sitaruîm's Blog

Sitaruîm

Hey all, instead of making a new post each time I post something new in my blog, I'll just keep everything in this post and share here. I just wrote a short essay on beauty, hope y'all enjoy it.

BEAUTY MATTERS​
What I want to discuss in this short essay is the concept of beauty, and its relevance to all of us. If one observes visual art that is older than 150 years or so, one will scarcely find examples that are not aesthetically pleasing. It was an untold axiom that one of the pillars of a piece of art was to be its beauty; all other motivations would be secondary to the quest of creating something that is foremost pleasing to the visual senses.

A couple of years ago I went to Verona, a city that is cut in the middle by a river and which lies just south of the Italian Alps. It is the city of Romeo and Juliet, a magnificent place; after walking for a while, I decided to visit a museum that features a Roman theater as well as pre-Christian Roman crafts. Everything about the place was agreeable to the eye: the trees, the Roman arches and columns, the statues, the cutlery, the gems, the bracelets, and the jewels. One’s mood is easily elevated when surrounded by all that beauty. I was traveling alone and, in this museum, I met a man with whom I continued touring the city after we left.

The man was interning at a museum in Venice, so he was well informed of the exhibitions that were being displayed in Verona at the time. He suggested that we check out an exhibition of Alberto Giacometti’s work, who apparently was not just a sculptor but also a painter. I did not know who Giacometti was, and after he proceeded to explain, I was not too excited about the ordeal, on top of the fact that the tickets were a hefty 15 Euro each. I acquiesced and maintained the attitude that maybe Giacometti would prove me wrong, and that I would like his art. The realistic outcome came to be, and I left the museum with a sour taste in my mouth. The sculptures were out of proportion, the objects were emaciated and fragile men and women that were moribund, and there was not a single piece of his that I found aesthetically pleasing. I cannot comment on his paintings because I simply don’t remember any of them. What is curious is that his sculptures are very fresh in my mind even though a couple of years have passed; it is not because of their beauty that I remember, but because of their ugliness. What does your mind think, when it sees people stare at a toilet in some museum so meticulously, so as to uncover the “mysteries” of the “art.” I’ll tell you what I think—idiots!

Beauty is transcendental and it is much more rigid than you might think. Psychologists prove time and time again that beautiful people are treated much better in all aspects of life when compared to those more unfortunate. It is an innate human behavior to be attracted to beautiful human forms, wherever they may come from. And it need not be related to sexuality, I can very easily recognize a beautiful man, and this is a categorically asexual thought. This is also why your spouse will never stop drooling over the beautiful young lassies that pass him by even if he is ever faithful to you. I want to emphasize that caring about physical beauty does not make one shallow, it would if one disregarded everything else, but it is false if one cares equally about outward appearances as one does about things that are invisible. This is why I do light exercise every day and try to get at least 2 hours of sunlight each day: because I aim to be beautiful both inside and out.

Now we live in an age where many of these things cannot be said unless done so with a lot of tact, so I want to add the disclaimer that I harbor no ill thoughts whatever for those who are not in healthy shape, or those who have “undesirable” features that they cannot do anything about. But hopefully my message will inspire everyone to increase the amount of beauty around them, in whatever way they can. We live in a reign of ugliness, and it must end sooner rather than later; it’s high time!

Summer

Great post. This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. To not only (try to) increase my own but to also contribute to the beauty around me. I think it’s a very noble effort for anyone make, especially in this day and age where there is a trend of glorifying ugliness. Everything from brutalist architecture to the glorifying of fatness and encouragement of gender dysphoria.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Great post. This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. To not only (try to) increase my own but to also contribute to the beauty around me. I think it’s a very noble effort for anyone make, especially in this day and age where there is a trend of glorifying ugliness. Everything from brutalist architecture to the glorifying of fatness and encouragement of gender dysphoria.
They want to beat people down, but people inherently love beauty so it will never fade completely.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

The veiled truth. The truth is beautiful.

Attachments

• VeiledTruth.jpg
    VeiledTruth.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 20
OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Would you like to learn a language? I was feeling a bit cheeky and wrote something that is hopefully both useful and funny.

What I want to present here is a series of steps to maintain perfect bilingualism. The first requirement is that one of the languages must be the language spoken where you live. I am going to refer to the “language of residence” as the first language. This has no bearing on skill level, since, according to this definition, I fare better in my second language than in my first. The reason for this first requirement is that the fundamental theorem of bilingualism establishes constraints on how many languages we can truly speak.

Statement of the theorem: Proficiency in more than two languages is an impossibility.
Proof: Take anyone who claims to be proficient in more than two languages. Ask them how to say “pea” in their weakest languages, up to their second strongest; watch them fail.

With this important detail established, we have concluded that after all, there are limits to our brainpower. Be ambitious, but do not dare tread the path of the false idol of polyglotism. You will end up being a simpleton, a multilingual simpleton. Before one can embark on this journey, it is necessary to obsess over a second language to the extent that you learn all its intimate details. After that, one reaches the less arduous maintenance phase which is more about preventing the loss of the desired outcome rather than having to work for something. Opportunity cost is something that handily explains the loss of vocabulary; that word that I looked up in the dictionary five years ago and never in my life saw again was probably rid of by my brain in order to make space for more useful ones.

Another observation is that, through osmosis, one can maintain a reasonable level in the language spoken where one resides, this is the key to maintaining proficiency in one’s first language. This is at least the case for me with Spanish; since 2018, I have only read one book in Spanish and a few tales by Borges and Cortázar. This amounts to less than a day’s worth of reading in the last four years—remarkable!

What one must do next is to force oneself to think in their second language. This cannot be done before reaching an appropriate level, otherwise one risks becoming a caveman. Once one is ready to think in their second language, actually doing so is a task akin to meditation. Thinking is a bit like breathing, it is both voluntary and involuntary. For example, one can force oneself to have positive thoughts and one will find that after a while of doing so their spontaneous thoughts will tend to be more positive than before.

The final step is to consume media preferably in one’s second language. Only do so in your first language after having done so in your second. If you follow these steps, I believe it is no big effort to be perfectly bilingual. At least it has worked for me!

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hello forum friends, this time I wrote about contentment. Enjoy!

1663969041684.png

The adjective that everyone uses for the dreaded question is not the appropriate one, in my opinion. Happiness is not a steady state. One cannot be happy right after getting up from bed, but one can be content in every waking moment. Let us play the following game. I ask: are you content? If you answered yes without hesitation, you passed the test. If you paused or if your answer was no, you failed the test.

If you failed the test, and if you want to change your reality, that is easily doable. Contentment is a state of confidence, where one knows that what one is doing is what one ought to do. That there is nowhere else where one must be, but where one is now. That there are no things one is postponing, that we are doing what our hearts are telling us to do, without questioning it—because it simply feels right.

It is very easy to spot a content human, and being in the company of one is always a good thing, whether the context be happy or sad. If I am content and a tragedy befalls me, such as the loss of a loved one, I’ll be sad and grieving, but also content and grounded. I will not feel a desperation like the one that occurs in clinical depression.

It just as easy to spot the discontented. Conversation is contrived, there is an eeriness about their movements, their voice is nervous and sometimes trembles; rather than being in the moment they actively make the attempt to escape the moment. For the discontented, joy hardly comes by, as they are most of the time anxious and nervous. It is a superlative example of our unconscious intelligence, that we are able to spot all these little details about a person in a flash. As soon as a discontented human enters a room, we all notice it, as if they were carrying a bag of rotten food.

The biggest causer of discontentment is the seeking of external validation, as opposed to seeking internal validation and self-respect. In an attempt to elevate their social status, the discontented sacrifice much more than they gain. I find it hilarious, and I relish that there is a garbage collector out there that is happier than every single Doctor that chose their path because of the glory and prestige it afforded them. What a merry sense of justice I feel, I rejoice! Imagine trying to learn how the cell and the mitochondria work, when it is the last thing you care about. Imagine studying volumes of terse legal code just to get a fancy piece of paper with its fancy letters.

To those seeking help, my recommendation is to acknowledge the power of the human mind, its ability to effect change, and I would warn against taking substances like SSRIs. Your psychiatrist will conveniently forget that antidepressants will make you fat. After all, the pockets were lined.

Just take little steps and start making those changes that you know must take place. You’d be surprised how quickly you can crawl out of the darkest holes. If your answer to my question was yes, then I’m happy for you. If it wasn’t, I hope it will soon be!

Last edited:
OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hi guys, I've created a discord server. I don't have an invite link because I'd have to pay for that, but if you're interested in joining send me a private message.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hi all, this time I wrote about diet. @liber1 I hope you don't mind me using your friend's story as inspiration.

PieterClaesz.jpg

John is 75 years old, and in the past ten years or so he hasn’t had that great a time. Health issues have plagued him in the past decade. John’s had two heart attacks and he’s been on blood thinners and statins for years. John experiences muscle weakness in his legs along with other issues like hearing loss, a generally quiet speaking voice, despite trying to speak at a more normal volume. He’s been experiencing some memory issues as well. John is one of many.

Statins are a terrible drug. They are a perfect example of Western medicine’s band-aid approach to health. An approach that is both useless and destructive. Statins are just one of the many examples of drugs that I will not touch with a six-foot pole. Our bodies are intelligent machines, but there are limits to the environmental insults that may be tolerated. After all, a bullet to the head will kill the finest human specimen.

Chronic decline is the number one cause of death in the West. Old people in this side of the world die a slow, tortuous death, and I intend to avert undergoing such a decline. There are many ways one can do that, and at the core of it all is what we put in our mouth. I used to be quite orthorexic, but I have since learned that letting your mind run amok can be the worst sort of suffering. I did not make a 180-degree turn, however; I have learned to overcome the obsessive elements of my thinking, but I have not thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Personally, I want to die as a man who remembers my own name, and who doesn’t need help wiping his own arse.

The food industry serves as an example of how much more complex the world is today than it ever was in the past. Let me give you an example: In Argentina, fine table salt contains silica as an anti-caking agent. I hope you share with me the lack of excitement about ingesting glass powder, because that’s precisely what silica is. This means that at least 40 million people are putting glass powder into their stomach on the daily. I think this is criminal, and I haven’t yet decided if the chemists responsible for this atrocity are trying to kill us all or if they are just incompetent. Of course, studies have appeared that established that consumption of silica irritates the gut, and the scientists have concluded that spraying out our food with glass is unwise. Silica is but one of the innumerable heinous substances that our governments allow our food to be tampered with. A consequence of this is that any food that has salt as an ingredient may also contain silica, because we don’t know what kind of salt they used.

I don’t want to get preachy about what one must do, the intent here is to warn people that the government cannot be trusted. A second recommendation would be to read ingredient labels and avoid anything that doesn’t read like plain English. One last thing I must add: don’t be a vegan. It’s been shown that vegans have smaller brains than vegetarians, and that vegetarians have smaller brains than omnivores. Insufficient animal protein in the diet will shrink your brain. If you would like to, do feel free to interact in the comment section, it is one of my many interests.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Some conceived it as a place engulfed by flame, a place of a more visceral kind of suffering. Those who came before believed that the deserving would roam the underworld—deaf, mute, blind. As much as I am a rational man, I am superstitious. I believe in magic, and I am convinced that our life here on earth is not all there is to it, that the journey must go on after we depart our bodies. That we may never know what exactly it is that will happen, but that something is in store for us.

As I entertained the idea of reincarnation, I played with the notion that maybe hell is not some faraway place with fire and medieval torture artifacts. It may be that hell is our own world, Hades on earth; and that those who were punished before were made to reincarnate as those men who one would scarcely call human, those souls who seem to be in eternal slumber, unmoved by everything.

For is it not a fair thought that there is no punishment worse than being fully deprived of the zest for life, and yet having a slow, beating heart? No punishment worse than being only motivated by the quenching of hunger? No punishment worse than waking at morn and lacking want? No punishment worse than being purposeless? No punishment worse than feeling no wonder when surrounded by wonderful things? They aimlessly sleepwalk alongside us, and their lives are longer—not literally, but due to how time is perceived when one suffers. It seems like a fair punishment for dark deeds, it is one that I would choose at least. It is one that I would wish upon my enemies, upon those who have wronged me or my friends for no reason at all.

And those of us who are fortunate not to have misbehaved in our past lives—is it not so clear, that our good earth is heavenly? Aren’t you charmed by the beautiful blossom of a pink trumpet, prettily anticipating the arrival of spring? Aren’t you cheered each morn by song of bird? Aren’t you overcome each day, when you think back of good moments shared with friends? Hades on earth, Heaven on earth!

yerrag

Your ideas resonate very well with me. There is a thoughtful and critical element in them that allows for both the negative and the positive to be conveyed that advances understanding.

I especially abhor the need for most people to conform to the gospel of happy smiley that masks an underlying ignorance of the undercurrents in our chicken factory existence.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Your ideas resonate very well with me. There is a thoughtful and critical element in them that allows for both the negative and the positive to be conveyed that advances understanding.

I especially abhor the need for most people to conform to the gospel of happy smiley that masks an underlying ignorance of the undercurrents in our chicken factory existence.
Thank you. I've always been pensive and I think most people are not even interested in perceiving the world as it truly is. They are just comfortable with whatever is put on their plate. I kind of feel at home in this forum because above all, people are allowed to say anything they want and people here are hungry for the truth. There is a general desire to increase one's understanding of things here.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Been thinking about a girl I want to court these past couple of weeks and I wrote this one morning...

IvanPetrovichVitali.jpg
\

Though it may be unwise I feel I must insist
Because this little nuisance troubles me still
It’s the curse a man feels when infatuated he is
Oh I wish that this curse of slow time, it would cease

How many times must I say, must I tell?
That your pretty face off my mind I can’t get
And that one of the few things that I now most yearn
Is your favor to earn and some time with you spend

All I just said to you, does it to you seem fair?
All I want to know is, have you a minute to spare?

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

I wrote a poem that tells the story of an amazing Irish singer who had throat cancer and had to stop singing because he lost his voice. Hope you like it.

Jim McCann.jpg

‘twas not long ago
That this man first stepped on earth
His name was Jim McCann
And with his voice he did enchant

In the Emerald Isle one thing was wished
To us all, can you this grant?
The four green fields are more than grateful
To have heard McCann’s chant

Let me tell you about his voice
For it was a thing of beauty
It was oh so pristine
When I hear it, I rejoice

In his youth he did wander
Erin’s Isle every last corner
And his song far resonated
This, of course, it was no wonder

And then a curse befell him
He began to lose his voice
He could barely even talk
What had he done, to deserve it?

And though your voice, ‘twas tired
And though your voice, ‘twas hoarse
With your guitar you carried on
Showing us your every song

Though your voice again, it won’t be heard
It will not be heard, it is a pity that it shan’t
The four green fields are more than grateful
To have heard McCann’s chant

Last edited:

yerrag

What did he sing of that deserves such homage? Did he speak of some truths, hidden in prose, that, like troubadors of yore, carry something to be passed on to the future, that in his time did not permit, on pain of death? Does his message resound even more in these times?

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Wrote a new one, I'm riding a wave of inspiration....
JulekHeller.png

It is the harshest of dilemmas
One that to me happens oft
Expecting something, ‘er I approach
And instead, I just get naught

I raise my head and loud I ask
What it is, that must be done
For my love she doth not want me
Now I must walk the lonely road

So I’ll call my good friend Merlin
To upon ‘er cast a spell
And thus if all well doth fare