Sipping on aspirin solution or drinking all at once. What's best to minimal gastrointestinal damage?

sjon_egg

I always dissolve my aspirin in water with some baking soda. And what I was wondering was if it's best to sip on this solution slowly, like maybe drinking it over the course of 30 minutes, or drinking it all at once. My intuition would say it's best to sip on it so the "hit" to your intestines won't be as big. But then I thought maybe by sipping on it slowly you are irritating it for longer, thus you could also make an argument that drinking it all at once could be better because then you only irritate it for so long.

Anyone know and can explain what would be better? I searched for this online already and couldn't find anything.

I always dissolve my aspirin in water with some baking soda. And what I was wondering was if it's best to sip on this solution slowly, like maybe drinking it over the course of 30 minutes, or drinking it all at once. My intuition would say it's best to sip on it so the "hit" to your intestines won't be as big. But then I thought maybe by sipping on it slowly you are irritating it for longer, thus you could also make an argument that drinking it all at once could be better because then you only irritate it for so long.

Anyone know and can explain what would be better? I searched for this online already and couldn't find anything.
I would take it with food myself or with some milk, but I have not experimented with it. When I took aspirin, I took baby aspirin. I really should find a pure non-tablet source. Somebody recommended a pure one earlier in the year, but the info got lost in my old phone.

Impero

I would take it with food myself or with some milk, but I have not experimented with it. When I took aspirin, I took baby aspirin. I really should find a pure non-tablet source. Somebody recommended a pure one earlier in the year, but the info got lost in my old phone.
Was it AniPrin by AniMed by any chance?

OP
S

sjon_egg

Yes I always take it with/after food but still I am wondering what would be the better option, sipping slowly or drinking all at once.

Impero

That doesn’t sound familiar. I am gonna look that up though. Is it the one you use?
Not myself, but a few of the most hardcore Peaters I've met do. It's supposed to be for animal use, but it's basically just pure salicylic acid, without any additives. They also have one version with added caffeine. Only downside may be that it's in powder form, and I recall Peat saying he preferred crystals because they took longer to expire.

Not myself, but a few of the most hardcore Peaters I've met do. It's supposed to be for animal use, but it's basically just pure salicylic acid, without any additives. They also have one version with added caffeine. Only downside may be that it's in powder form, and I recall Peat saying he preferred crystals because they took longer to expire.
The bigger crystals is a good point, less oxygen exposure.

Aspirin can be a problem for some people. I know that is debatable, since I remember RP saying the stomach can adapt to aspirin and kind of toughen it up, but that may depend too on pre-existing conditions. I have a friend who was in the hospital in critical condition, a few months back, because of a bleeding ulcer, that was turning into sepsis, which they say was apparently from taking daily aspirin.

OP
S

sjon_egg

Aspirin can be a problem for some people. I know that is debatable, since I remember RP saying the stomach can adapt to aspirin and kind of toughen it up, but that may depend too on pre-existing conditions. I have a friend who was in the hospital in critical condition, a few months back, because of a bleeding ulcer, that was turning into sepsis, which they say was apparently from taking daily aspirin.
Yes I know but why sip instead of drinking all at once, that’s what the thread is about. I know Aspirin can irritate the intestines, that’s why I am asking the question.

Yes I know but why sip instead of drinking all at once, that’s what the thread is about. I know Aspirin can irritate the intestines, that’s why I am asking the question.
Well dumping a lot of acid on something all at one seems to me being capable of more damage then a little bit every now and then. When something acidic goes into the stomach protective mechanisms come into play immediately, so the further sips will not be problematic. This is my speculation….

“In the stomach several mucosal defence mechanisms protect the stomach against hydrochloric acid and noxious agents. The pre-epithelial protection is made up by the mucus-bicarbonate barrier. Mucus and bicarbonate, secreted by mucus cells, create a pH gradient maintaining the epithelial cell surface at near neutral pH.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals