sinus issues! help!

hey guys i am doing a pretty strict peat diet, but i'm struggling w/ dairy....i don't know what to do because dairy is supposed to be an anti-inflammatory food, but i think it is giving me sinus inflammation....i do the raw carrot salad every day and avoid pufas too....i also take calcium/magnesium supp, vit. d, pregnenolone and vit k2....i am 22 years old....any suggestions? i dont feel like im improving i still have low energy, cold all the time...it was also confirmed that i had epstein barr virus a couple years ago and then again recently a couple months ago. ever since this, i have had this constant fatigue

OP
O
OrangeJuiceManiac said:
hey guys i am doing a pretty strict peat diet, but i'm struggling w/ dairy....i don't know what to do because dairy is supposed to be an anti-inflammatory food, but i think it is giving me sinus inflammation....i do the raw carrot salad every day and avoid pufas too....i also take calcium/magnesium supp, vit. d, pregnenolone and vit k2....i am 22 years old....any suggestions? i dont feel like im improving i still have low energy, cold all the time...it was also confirmed that i had epstein barr virus a couple years ago and then again recently a couple months ago. ever since this, i have had this constant fatigue

btw the dairy i use is either haagan dazs coffee ice cream or grass fed milk (w/ no vitamins)

SheilaHelm1

Hi OrangeJuiceManiac... are you a cheese fan, I've noticed a few people on this forum and the facebook fans page don't seem to have as many problems when they up the cheese and reduce the milk??? cheeses like parmesan and gran padana etc. Other members of the forum will have a few more suggestions that will help I'm sure, don't worry.

Also hot baths with bicarbonate of soda help me warm up. Do you take thyroid meds? since switching to natural has definitely helped me with temps too.

OP
O
SheilaHelm1 said:
Hi OrangeJuiceManiac... are you a cheese fan, I've noticed a few people on this forum and the facebook fans page don't seem to have as many problems when they up the cheese and reduce the milk??? cheeses like parmesan and gran padana etc. Other members of the forum will have a few more suggestions that will help I'm sure, don't worry.

Also hot baths with bicarbonate of soda help me warm up. Do you take thyroid meds? since switching to natural has definitely helped me with temps too.

i take one of these a day but haven't really noticed a difference....

http://www.nutri-meds.com/Nutri_Meds_De ... -g-ptt.htm

i take half a tablet w/ meal 1, and then half a tablet w/ meal 3

SheilaHelm1

Hi, I'm not advising but have you tried upping your dose for a couple of weeks to see if things improve? Also people differ depending if they take bovine or porcine, have you tried swapping?

OP
O
SheilaHelm1 said:
Hi, I'm not advising but have you tried upping your dose for a couple of weeks to see if things improve? Also people differ depending if they take bovine or porcine, have you tried swapping?

i will try upping the dose...thank you...is there any recommendations you have in regards to morning or night? or spaced out throughout the day? thanks :D

SheilaHelm1

Only recommendations i would make would be to take things slowly, do NOT rush into anything and go off how you feel, i.e. slow down if you feel weird.
I take 2 x 300mgs of ThyroGold, (which are strong) every night as I go to bed but I have been on thyroid meds since I was 5 (am now 43!!!) . I have only been 'PeatWise' for about 5 years and only gone on natural in the past 2 years. Definitely improved since the natural stuff.
Hopefully someone with more indepth knowledge will chime in and give you better advice. Hope you feel a bit better soon x It does take a long time though... patience is a virtue ha ha .

OP
O
thank you...yea i honestly do not know how to gauge my response to the dessicated thyroid....i dont want to deal w/ doctors and get blood tests etc...everytime i've gotten blood tests i've been told..."everything looks fine, you're a healthy guy"....

chris

How long have you been drinking milk? A few weeks/months? ago I got so much phlegm build up in the back of my throat it was getting ridiculous. I noticed the other day the phlegm is 95-100% gone yet I still drink lots of milk every day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OrangeJuiceManiac said:
thank you...yea i honestly do not know how to gauge my response to the dessicated thyroid...

By tracking your temps and pulse.

Kelly

I have sinus problems with milk too. I cut most of it out and just eat lots of cheese. I seem to do fine with pretty much any kind. I've been drinking 1/2 - 1 cup of milk now, trying to get my system used to it. Been doing it for a week now and have only had a little congestion and sinus pain. Things I've been doing along with it: progesterone, lots more sugar and salt, warming the milk, popping a couple digestive enzyme pills.

Ice cream seems to mess me up even worse than milk. I haven't tried reintroducing that yet.

OP
O
Kelly said:
I have sinus problems with milk too. I cut most of it out and just eat lots of cheese. I seem to do fine with pretty much any kind. I've been drinking 1/2 - 1 cup of milk now, trying to get my system used to it. Been doing it for a week now and have only had a little congestion and sinus pain. Things I've been doing along with it: progesterone, lots more sugar and salt, warming the milk, popping a couple digestive enzyme pills.

Ice cream seems to mess me up even worse than milk. I haven't tried reintroducing that yet.

yea same here w/ the ice cream :cry:

good luck to u and let me know how it goes!

AmandaWald

chris said:
How long have you been drinking milk? A few weeks/months? ago I got so much phlegm build up in the back of my throat it was getting ridiculous. I noticed the other day the phlegm is 95-100% gone yet I still drink lots of milk every day.

Hi Chris,

What do you attribute this to? That is, the fact that you used to get this phlegm build-up, but now don't? I even switched to lactose-free milk recently to see if that helped. It may have done, to be honest, because the post-nasal drip (PND) seems to be back again with a vengeance.

I get this post-nasal drip thing (the blob of phlegm in the back of your throat that seems never ever to go away) on a regular basis and only just found out that it is an allergic reaction. It's called "allergic rhinitis" or some such. Not that that particularly helps matters, but at least it is a known condition.

It is driving me absolutely bloody crazy, so if you have an idea why it went away, I'd love to know. The only thing I can think of is that improved thyroid function seems to reduce allergic reactions, so if your thyroid is working better, maybe your immune system is working more normally as well.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

Amanda