Sinus Infection

A. squamosa

hi everyone,

I'm fairly certain I have a sinus infection, and I'll have to go to the doc to get it sort it out. Before I go, can anyone recommend any treatments for it? My doc will likely prescribe antibiotics and I really hate them (but will take them if necessary - would just rather it's not necessary.)

Thanks!

hi everyone,

I'm fairly certain I have a sinus infection, and I'll have to go to the doc to get it sort it out. Before I go, can anyone recommend any treatments for it? My doc will likely prescribe antibiotics and I really hate them (but will take them if necessary - would just rather it's not necessary.)

Thanks!
I am sorry nobody responded to this before now, but for future sinus trouble, a neti stick and a Claratin clears up my sinus pain quickly.

Tom K

Just saw this post. The majority of sinus infections have a fungal component. In the Netti pot, or with an over-the-counter sinus irrigation unit, add sodium bicarb with either peroxide or iodine. You may not need antibiotics. I have advised this treatment for many patients and it works for those interested in avoiding antibiotics (for which a dominant fungal infection can be worse).

Attachments

• AE176C48-6DC1-4026-AB27-A34E5314B80E.png
    AE176C48-6DC1-4026-AB27-A34E5314B80E.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 17

Tom K

Claritin and inhaler sticks manage the symptoms and mask the condition. Sodium bicarb and iodine/hydro-peroxide treat the problem.