Single supplement that's helped the most

opethfeldt

I've wanted to use DHEA for a while now, along with low dose testosterone with high dose pregnenolone (as discussed in other threads) however the only reason I have held back is due to fears of hair loss. I think it was Haidut who once posted something along the lines of the only steroid negatively (inversely) shown to be correlated with male pattern baldness has been DHEA.

Have you (or anyone else reading this) had any issues with hairloss from DHEA? Or prostate issues (enlargement, etc) for that matter?
Tough to say. I don't take DHEA in isolation but I've had periods in recent years of both regrowth and loss, usually correlating with how stressed I was at the time. I've been taking 10mg or so of or DHEA the whole time. I can say that because I've had periods of great hair growth, I don't think it has an inherently negative effect on hair but may make things worse due to its propensity to convert to estrogen if the body is under stress.

L_C

Are you male or female? In what ways did Progestene/progesterone change your life?
Female...there are numerous benefits for a woman. I won't be detailed how it helped me. I'm just going to say that from feminine side of issues it helped me a lot. But one needs to be patient. It takes a while to reap the benefits.

sunny

It’s USP grade desiccated thyroid tissue in a base of tocopherols and MCT.
Do you think it then acts like traditional ndt that makes/converts to (not sure the proper description) thyroid hormone as it goes through the digestive tract? I don't have a thyroid and I think the best I felt was when I was taking naturethroid and wp thyroid. Then came the manufacturer issues several years ago ? , and are still ongoing last I checked.

Jennifer

@sunny, in my experience, it acts like traditional NDT, yes. My mum and I were taking WP Thyroid until the recall and TyroMax has been just as effective.

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @sunny. :) I take it orally, yes. I haven’t tried it transdermally, but I’m not sure the undissolved thyroid granules in it would dissolve enough to sink into the skin. I could be wrong, though. I dose the TyroMax on the back of my hand and then lick it off, and I always have a few granules I miss that don’t dissolve into the skin when I rub in the remaining vitamin E and MCT.

sunny

You’re welcome, @sunny. :) I take it orally, yes. I haven’t tried it transdermally, but I’m not sure the undissolved thyroid granules in it would dissolve enough to sink into the skin. I could be wrong, though. I dose the TyroMax on the back of my hand and then lick it off, and I always have a few granules I miss that don’t dissolve into the skin when I rub in the remaining vitamin E and MCT.
Thank you again, that is very helpful. I think I will try it. I have been using cynomel, cynoplus.

Jennifer

My pleasure, @sunny. I hope it works well for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals