Since Peating My Mental Health Has Declined

jet9

Dairy makes me crazy. Solanine in potatoes definitely messes with my thinking. Plenty of sugar isn't exactly a good recipe for mood stability.
what's in your experience is the best diet for mood stability / cognition ?

Runenight201

what's in your experience is the best diet for mood stability / cognition ?

Not intended for me but I’d chime in and say that veggies, especially cooked greens
, soup, and coffee give the best mental clarity.

Runenight201

What kind of greens ? Spinach, romaine ?

Whatever you find tastes good. I especially enjoy the taste of steamed and salted spinach and broccoli. Kale is alright, but I much prefer spinach and broccoli. I find they give me very good mental and physical states as well.

boris

Coke is not good for you.

Can you elaborate this? I don't see anything super detrimental about coke. Sugar & caffeine makes it the perfect survival food when you're out and about in a world full of toxic garbage, it tastes amazing and obviously Peat drinks it.

JCastro

Too much sugar, lack of exercise, and supplements can all be detrimental to mental health. Especially the hormones you are taking; I would ditch those immediately. But any of them could be doing it. Dairy wrecks a lot of people especially when psychiatric problems are involved. Maybe you'd tolerate A2 but if not it's not worth it. High refined sugar in my diet activates my addictive tendencies i.e. hypofrontality and impulsivity and adrenaline surges. Almost all commercial OJ has enough glysophate in it to be a problem. Do what you know from past experience works for you, include anything you learned from Dr. Peat that works for you and ditch the rest. Don't get codependent on a paradigm.

Immune activation by casein dietary antigens in bipolar disorder.
Inflammation Predicts Decision-Making Characterized by Impulsivity, Present Focus, and an Inability to Delay Gratification
High‐fructose corn syrup consumption in adolescent rats causes bipolar‐like behavioural phenotype with hyperexcitability in hippocampal CA3‐CA1 synapses
Sedentary Time and Markers of Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation in a High Risk Population
Sedentary time and markers of inflammation in people with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes

boris

@JCastro I don't see any evidence in your post that sugar is detrimental to mental health. The opposite should be true. Sounds very anti-peat to me.

You posted a study about high-fructose corn syrup. Peat talked about how the problematic thing about HFCS are heavy metals.