"Simply Orange" Orange juice info.

5magicbeans

I emailed the Simply Orange Juice Company regarding their "pulp free" orange juice and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting The Simply Orange Juice Company. We appreciate your interest in our brands and the opportunity to respond.

Our goal is always to deliver you fresh-squeezed taste, without having to do the squeezing yourself. The oranges that go into each carafe of Simply Orange are carefully selected and picked at their peak of ripeness. After harvesting, the oranges are washed and then squeezed to collect the juice. Pulp free juice is made by straining the pulp out of the juice after it is squeezed from the orange. The juice is then gently pasteurized for your safety. Finally, the juice is either safely sealed in our unique carafes and delivered to a store near you, or it is stored chilled in our state-of-the-art facility designed to retain great taste and quality.

We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us again should you have additional comments or questions.

Patrecia
Industry and Consumer Affairs
Simply Orange Juice Company

Please use the Record number below should you have additional questions.

jaguar43

5magicbeans said:
I emailed the Simply Orange Juice Company regarding their "pulp free" orange juice and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting The Simply Orange Juice Company. We appreciate your interest in our brands and the opportunity to respond.

Our goal is always to deliver you fresh-squeezed taste, without having to do the squeezing yourself. The oranges that go into each carafe of Simply Orange are carefully selected and picked at their peak of ripeness. After harvesting, the oranges are washed and then squeezed to collect the juice. Pulp free juice is made by straining the pulp out of the juice after it is squeezed from the orange. The juice is then gently pasteurized for your safety. Finally, the juice is either safely sealed in our unique carafes and delivered to a store near you, or it is stored chilled in our state-of-the-art facility designed to retain great taste and quality.

We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us again should you have additional comments or questions.

Patrecia
Industry and Consumer Affairs
Simply Orange Juice Company

Please use the Record number below should you have additional questions.

I think they use flavor packs.

Dan W

I'm still skeptical that they might use enzymes for any pulp that might remain after straining. I've been trying to build a "master list" of orange juice brands (http://www.toxinless.com/orange-juice), and most of the companies have been "conveniently" leaving out details in their responses to me. Only the organic brands have been upfront.

So far Florida's Natural has been the only non-organic company to give me a straight answer on enzyme use: "we do not use enzymes and do not break down the pulp".

J

j.

And yet, Florida's Natural seems like the weirdest of them all.

Jenn

Florida Naturals is one of the few that still uses "paper" instead of plastic bottles. Aldi's store brand does as well, last time I checked. Minute Made brand not from concentrate definitely separates, if that is a genuine criteria for lack or minimal enzyme treatment. They all use the same type of plastic bottle.

sladerunner69

I think some store-bought brands are better than others, like Whole Foods Organic, Floridas Natural and Simply Orange, because they don't use enzymes and less contaminants reach the juice. The best store-bought I've found yet is Trader Joe's Fresh Squeezed, expensive, buts usually still less than squeezing your own. That's also the kind Danny Roddy uses instead of squeezing, he has a video where he used a cheesecloth to strain the pulp.